Sam Roscoe

There doesn't seem to be much happening with any of our out of contract players. Roscoe certainly must know where he stands with Aberdeen if he's not even training with the first team players.

Must be disheartening for the guy, doing the business for his loan club in the Championship, getting man of the match awards, then back training with kids on the Monday.

Sign the wee cunt up, doing well where he is & not a massive wage

6 foot 5 mate!! haha, he looks gangly and you think at first thought he's nae solid enough, never a player but never puts a foot wrong, his pass at Hampden last year in the Youth cup final against Hibs to set up our goal was something Maldini would have been proud of.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Roscoe signing on.

Ash Taylor befriending Joe Shaughnessy on social media.

Conspiracy theorists might suggest McKenna away is a possibiity

I think you’re right tho as seriously why would he be looking at getting Taylor back otherwise (ridiculous signing anyway regardless)

Roscoe signing on.

Ash Taylor befriending Joe Shaughnessy on social media.

Conspiracy theorists might suggest McKenna away is a possibility

I hope conspiracy theorists are wildly wrong then. Signing 2 further right sided centre backs alongside a third in Devlin, leaving Consi as the only left footed one would be odd. I know people will quote that our greatest ever pairing were a couple of right footers but it's 30 years since then....times have changed

• Downvote 1

I hope conspiracy theorists are wildly wrong then. Signing 2 further right sided centre backs alongside a third in Devlin, leaving Consi as the only left footed one would be odd. I know people will quote that our greatest ever pairing were a couple of right footers but it's 30 years since then....times have changed

John Terry would disagree with you. As would Lauren Koscielny

70% of centre backs are apparently right footed so a fair few right footers playing left centre back.

Why? Any footballer can play a side foot pass with either foot

Hoofing the ball is when you do need to use your strong foot

Defenders tend to be the least talented players in a squad for a reason. I'm not so much worried about their passing ability. It's more their tackling ability. One footed players often have a tendency to tackle with their strong foot not necessarily the "correct" foot. Of course this applies equally to lefties as well as righties. Just think the balance of a defence works better with an even split across the 4

EDIT and as things stand, Consi is at present our first choice left back... of course I'm sure that will be remedied in the coming weeks. However if the incoming one turns out to be McQuilkenesque instead of Lowesque…...

Defenders tend to be the least talented players in a squad for a reason. I'm not so much worried about their passing ability. It's more their tackling ability. One footed players often have a tendency to tackle with their strong foot not necessarily the "correct" foot. Of course this applies equally to lefties as well as righties. Just think the balance of a defence works better with an even split across the 4

EDIT and as things stand, Consi is at present our first choice left back... of course I'm sure that will be remedied in the coming weeks. However if the incoming one turns out to be McQuilkenesque instead of Lowesque…...

He's not only our first choice left back, he's our first choice right sided centre back too.