Sevco Thread

Thought the Scotiish word for mink was Durrant

As to James would like to to think there is a legendary story involving Tim Booth going up to an open mike session, shitting himself and saying his name was James.

In reality probably somebody’s Grandparents name or something or his favourite Thomas the Tank engine.

Dictionary defines grot as something unpleasant, dirty, or of poor quality. Back on topic I've no idea why James were called James

Yeah. No idea either.

Fun fact.

I got into their music after The Smiths covered one of their songs at a gig in Aberdeen '85.

What's The World. Turns out this was a song of a very cool 5 track 12" which I found in One-Up.

James then played Aberdeen in a marvellous gig at the Venue the year after, and around 6 hours after Bobby Connor made his Dons debut in a 2-0 win over Hamilton at the Pitt.

Five years later in 1991, they re-released 1989 single "Sit Down".

Which subsequently, due to it's overbearing success, attracted a large amount of fuds and gypes to follow them, making genuine indie kids deny they had ever heard of the cunts.

They still made a good few decent records after that. None of which I own.

Though I did downlaid their entire back catalogue through a torrent.

I think the shekels dished oot for many of their vinyl records in the 80's justified this theft?

Anyhoo.

As you were...

Nae idea.

• Upvote 1
Guest the shepherd

Maybe, but surely that is mental health issues?

No-one chooses to be like that

I think you'll find people do choose to be like that as you put it just like that fat fuck chose a career path as a footballer. Whilst I agree external influences have a major say in how we wish to live our lives, ultimately it is the individual that has the final decision.

Yeah. No idea either.

Fun fact.

I got into their music after The Smiths covered one of their songs at a gig in Aberdeen '85.

What's The World. Turns out this was a song of a very cool 5 track 12" which I found in One-Up.

James then played Aberdeen in a marvellous gig at the Venue the year after, and around 6 hours after Bobby Connor made his Dons debut in a 2-0 win over Hamilton at the Pitt.

Five years later in 1991, they re-released 1989 single "Sit Down".

Which subsequently, due to it's overbearing success, attracted a large amount of fuds and gypes to follow them, making genuine indie kids deny they had ever heard of the cunts.

They still made a good few decent records after that. None of which I own.

Though I did downlaid their entire back catalogue through a torrent.

I think the shekels dished oot for many of their vinyl records in the 80's justified this theft?

Anyhoo.

As you were...

Nae idea.

Tim's on "tracks of my years" on Ken Bruce show on Radio 2 this week. Maybe Ken will ask him the big question.