Kenny Mclean

Because we paid some dollars from McLean and it appears we haven't paid money to another club for personnel for a long time (do we have anyone else on the books who caused the club to fork out) will fans treat him equally compared to other players or expect something 'special'? What's your thinking?

Mentality 1 We paid fuck all for him (relatively speaking) but he has to be a 'superstar' and deliver us a trophy.

Mentality 2 We paid fuck all for him (relatively speaking) so be happy if he gives the team another dimension.

What's your expectation? I go 2 because in the scheme of things, it ain't a big deal.

• Site Sponsor

Because we paid some dollars from McLean and it appears we haven't paid money to another club for personnel for a long time (do we have anyone else on the books who caused the club to fork out) will fans treat him equally compared to other players or expect something 'special'? What's your thinking?

Mentality 1 We paid fuck all for him (relatively speaking) but he has to be a 'superstar' and deliver us a trophy.

Mentality 2 We paid fuck all for him (relatively speaking) so be happy if he gives the team another dimension.

What's your expectation? I go 2 because in the scheme of things, it ain't a big deal.

How about assessing him on his performances irrespective of how much was paid for him?

How about assessing him on his performances irrespective of how much was paid for him?

Any fee in the 6 figure region is a lot of money. I think that needs brought into the equation.

I thought he was very impressive. He seemed eager to get on the ball, looked comfortable and when he gets used to the players around him he should be able to link up very well. If we can get away with playing

Rooney

Hayes Pawlett McGinn

McLean Jack

and get the best out of all of those players with Flood, Smith, Goodie and Shankland all to be options to change it up a wee bit then there will be very few teams that will be able to come close to that quality in Scotland.

If the player is shite. He gets dropped. Doesn't matter (as far as the player is concerned) that we paid money for him.

Only person that would be in for a little stick (if he turns out shite) is McInnes but that's the risks you take. I think we ALL agree though that it is most certainly a justifiable risk in this case.

Managers are judged on the players they bring in & how they perform. More so if they are brought in for a fee, or are big earners. That's just the way of it.

I'm pretty confident in that McInnes has played a good card here though & at very worst we will not lose money on this lad.

Thought he was more involved against Hamilton, seemed to be more comfortable with the players around him, and growing into the side as I think most expected. Give him another 5 back to back games and he will be a concrete part of our midfield. keep progressing lad, I like you in red ;-)

Thought he was more involved against Hamilton, seemed to be more comfortable with the players around him, and growing into the side as I think most expected. Give him another 5 back to back games and he will be a concrete part of our midfield. keep progressing lad, I like you in red ;-)

With a couple of debates over Flood and Robson I've had/seen there's no doubt that McLean is a better option than both.

With a couple of debates over Flood and Robson I've had/seen there's no doubt that McLean is a better option than both.

He is a different type of player. I would like to see Pawlett dropped and McLean pushed into a more advanced role. Then allow a workhorse like Flood to sit in and protect the back four.

4-0 and 3 (7) - 0 since he came into the team......... nae a bad start

Don't kid yourself. It's since the the great defensive record monkey jumped off our back we've opened up & played a lot more freely ;)

No need to concern ourselves so much with what happens at the back now. We can relax &'have faith' in the lads that are there to do the job & let the rest of the team play with complete freedom.

Fair enough in bigger games we can go back to defending as a whole team but most of the time now we can play with the freedom & confidence that our attack minded team have been itching to do.

We're off the proverbial leash ;)

Don't kid yourself. It's since the the great defensive record monkey jumped off our back we've opened up & played a lot more freely ;)

No need to concern ourselves so much with what happens at the back now. We can relax &'have faith' in the lads that are there to do the job & let the rest of the team play with complete freedom.

Fair enough in bigger games we can go back to defending as a whole team but most of the time now we can play with the freedom & confidence that our attack minded team have been itching to do.

We're off the proverbial leash ;)

Hahaha!

MacLean has done alright so far- nice passer, makes good runs and takes up good positions.

He'll score a few this season

Hahaha!

MacLean has done alright so far- nice passer, makes good runs and takes up good positions.

He'll score a few this season

I don't disagree with that at all but he's nae stood out yet. Hoped for a little more seen he's an attacking mid with a decent season so far with St's & is now playing in a better side.

Happy for him to slowly adapt to our team but expecting & hoping for a lot more from him soon.

Our results have eased the pressure on him hopefully cos he's nae doubt had a wee culture shock in terms of how he's being asked to play. Given actual roles to stick to & play by rather than having full freedom of opponents half.