Stephen Gleeson Signed.

All I'm hearing is negativity about him. Will of course reserve judgment but early signs don't seem promising.

Was this 'the big announcement' we were meant to be getting?

Not being pedantic but what are the early signs?

Lots of games at a comparable level (some but not me would argue a higher level).

Seems to be of a better stature than we are used to.

• Upvote 5

All I'm hearing is negativity about him. Will of course reserve judgment but early signs don't seem promising.

Was this 'the big announcement' we were meant to be getting?

To be fair to him I think a lot of the negativity is because of the piss poor recruitment done last summer and at first glance, Gleeson looks to be more of the same. The club were derided for not looking further than the English leagues last season and appear to have learned fuck all from that so people are getting frustrated.

• Downvote 3

To be fair to him I think a lot of the negativity is because of the piss poor recruitment done last summer and at first glance, Gleeson looks to be more of the same. The club were derided for not looking further than the English leagues last season and appear to have learned fuck all from that so people are getting frustrated.

Who did we sign on a permanent deal last season who was a full internationalist with vast Championship experience?

Gleeson looks (on paper) far better than most of our latest permanent signings imo.

• Upvote 1

Who did we sign on a permanent deal last season who was a full internationalist with vast Championship experience?

Gleeson looks (on paper) far better than most of our latest permanent signings imo.

This.

He may turn out to be shite. He may turn out to be brilliant.

No point in writing him off before he's even had a training session.

• Upvote 2

Aye a really relevant comparison there betty well done. The constant emoji really adds to your posts as well.

Hope he does well for us. I also hope we sign a midfielder proven in this league because so far the recruitment has been underwhelming.

• Downvote 1

Aye a really relevant comparison there betty well done. The constant emoji really adds to your posts as well.

Hope he does well for us. I also hope we sign a midfielder proven in this league because so far the recruitment has been underwhelming.

Old Betty fair kicked your ass there BWG mate.

International caps min. :)

Anyhoo care to answer the initial question below?

Hopefully he turns out decent enough.

Ipswich fan I know was asked:

"Is he any good"?

Reply:

"Nope".

For what that's worth.

I'd say, players can be marvellous in some environments, and pish in others without any particular fathomable reason.

Happens all the time.

Fingers crossed he's a good fit for this team at this time.

100% this. We could be absolutely fine but going in with Shinnie, Forrester, Gleeson, Ferguson and Campbell for the three central midfield spots is a bit risky.

I'd be surprised if DM was not looking at one more.

Hopefully he turns out decent enough.

Ipswich fan I know was asked:

"Is he any good"?

Reply:

"Nope".

For what that's worth.

I'd say, players can be marvellous in some environments, and pish in others without any particular fathomable reason.

Happens all the time.

Fingers crossed he's a good fit for this team at this time.

He never got going at Ipswich so I would take that with a pinch of salt. Played 90 mins twice for them.