Aberdeen 3 - 0 St Johnstone

Looking forward to this one, Train up with missus instead of Supporters bus this week and Brother and his missus Flying into Aberdeen from London in the morning to go to the game with me..( well women to the shops men to the game lol )

Hopefully a good game and a 2-0 win with May getting both...Crowd of 15450

Like to see Arnie and McKenna start also

mavv min - don't you live about half an hour tops fae Edingburgh? You would have better telling your brother to wait until the 14th and go to Hibs away - then at least the wifies will be able to buy decent stuff at the shops. Retail is not one of Aberdeen's strong points. (unless they plan to peruse the pound stores?)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Christie runs about daft in a attacking (midfield) role and pops up all over the shop regardless of where he's supposed to be playing. Undisciplined you might say. Mclean has been an important player for us for seasons now in an out out CM role and often does his best work when deeper. There is absolutely no comparison between the two players except that they both play for the same team. Compatibility issues there, I agree. Mclean will win that one all day though.

Mclean has had a poor to average start to the season so far but a lot of that is down to a massive turn over of team mates.

Arguably, we were at our best last season with Christie on the bench.

Step away from the gluebag. Christie arguably our best player, McLean been one of our worst this season but yeah lets stick Christie on the bench and let Mclean do what he likes.

• Upvote 1

Christie runs about daft in a attacking (midfield) role and pops up all over the shop regardless of where he's supposed to be playing. Undisciplined you might say. Mclean has been an important player for us for seasons now in an out out CM role and often does his best work when deeper. There is absolutely no comparison between the two players except that they both play for the same team. Compatibility issues there, I agree. Mclean will win that one all day though.

Mclean has had a poor to average start to the season so far but a lot of that is down to a massive turn over of team mates.

Not so sure about the important player for seasons part mate, since he's come back apart from second half of last season he's not nearly shown what he's capable of enough. The touch is there, the ability if there just not sure the head is. As for best work when deeper, he's had some good games there granted but not alongside shinnie as the two of them together aren't positionally aware enough to play there. The vast majority of games he's had for us have been off the front man in front of the midfield two.

Your comment about the massive turnover of team mates, what do you put the rest of his form down to? Its been a relatively settled team since he came back. Can use that excuse this season but what about the rest.

Your comment about the massive turnover of team mates, what do you put the rest of his form down to? Its been a relatively settled team since he came back. Can use that excuse this season but what about the rest.

The trouble with psychanalysis is that it is usually wrong, but here's my take on McLean. He hasn't got over missing an open goal in the cup final against Celtic. It was a huge moment and McLean had the whole summer to brood on it and let it fester in his brain. Sport has lots of examples of players who never recovered their edge from similar calamities. Who knows?

The trouble with psychanalysis is that it is usually wrong, but here's my take on McLean. He hasn't got over missing an open goal in the cup final against Celtic. It was a huge moment and McLean had the whole summer to brood on it and let it fester in his brain. Sport has lots of examples of players who never recovered their edge from similar calamities. Who knows?

I'd give credence for that if he hadn't been absolute dug shite for most of his time at AFC before that also.

• Upvote 1

"Runs about daft." Lol. Thats where you want a player like Christie, picking up the ball where he can find space and make things happen. He's good enough for us to allow him to do so. McLean being Deeks favourite player suggests that cant happen. Which is shite, cause if we gave Christie the freedom of the pitch in certain games we'd be beating teams comfortably. He's a special player and IMO Derek shackles him waaaay too much.

"Runs about daft." Lol. Thats where you want a player like Christie, picking up the ball where he can find space and make things happen. He's good enough for us to allow him to do so. McLean being Deeks favourite player suggests that cant happen. Which is shite, cause if we gave Christie the freedom of the pitch in certain games we'd be beating teams comfortably. He's a special player and IMO Derek shackles him waaaay too much.

Aye, he's like a wee Messi.

mavv min - don't you live about half an hour tops fae Edingburgh? You would have better telling your brother to wait until the 14th and go to Hibs away - then at least the wifies will be able to buy decent stuff at the shops. Retail is not one of Aberdeen's strong points. (unless they plan to peruse the pound stores?)

Aye Glenrothes in Fife

I'm away all weekend for Hibs...grrr bloody caravan with Family.

This weekend is My dads birthday, 1st one since he passed away so that's why he's is flying up to have a drink and go to the fitba with me.

They will find some shite to buy haha

• Upvote 1

Aye Glenrothes in Fife

I'm away all weekend for Hibs...grrr bloody caravan with Family.

This weekend is My dads birthday, 1st one since he passed away so that's why he's is flying up to have a drink and go to the fitba with me.

They will find some shite to buy haha

Glad you quoted what you were replying to, otherwise...

Not sure if McKenna and Arnason will be the answer in every game - we have to see how they cope with a less direct/long ball team.

But if McInnes drops either of them for the next couple of matches I'll be really disappointed. We've just seen the most solid CB performance of the season, McInnes usually likes to be loyal to guys in possession of the jersey so lets see them play few more games together rather than make "tactical" changes to suite every oppositions style of play.

If Reynolds or O'Connor return back to CB you really need to question if the managers loyalty to some players is holding us back.

Oh and we need a left back, so with Shinnie really needed in the centre, its surely time to try Harvie in a game soon. I'd give him 20 mins off the bench in the next couple of games and seriously look at starting him beyond that.

Not sure if McKenna and Arnason will be the answer in every game - we have to see how they cope with a less direct/long ball team.

But if McInnes drops either of them for the next couple of matches I'll be really disappointed. We've just seen the most solid CB performance of the season, McInnes usually likes to be loyal to guys in possession of the jersey so lets see them play few more games together rather than make "tactical" changes to suite every oppositions style of play.

If Reynolds or O'Connor return back to CB you really need to question if the managers loyalty to some players is holding us back.

Oh and we need a left back, so with Shinnie really needed in the centre, its surely time to try Harvie in a game soon. I'd give him 20 mins off the bench in the next couple of games and seriously look at starting him beyond that.

He'll play Kari against anyone. I think McKenna could be fine, although I think on Sunday he was very much told to do the 'bread and butter.' Can't remember him stepping out to do much finding a teammate, but he defended really really well. McKenna could be the one who attacks the ball and puts a solid foot in, and Kari is the one who steps out and finds the midfield. Makings of a good partnership IMO, what one isnt as good at, the other is. The ugly side of the game (Mckenna) and then the classier side of defending (Arnason.)

ffs St Mirren, Didn't know we plundered any other diddy clubs, Perhaps he cant adapt to our team and we should just punt him, shame cos he can thread a pass

Can he? One positive about his play is that he can switch the flanks really well, when he's on his game. Never had in my head as a guy who has great vision or can see a pass. Which always makes me think, why do we insist on starting him? Ryan Christie can do both the aforementioned things far better than he can.