Final league places for season 19/20

Celtic – To be honest they have bought a £7m this year so far as well as a £9m last year. For £16m they could probably buy individually at least 50% of the clubs in the SPFL maybe could even buy two clubs. They are a different league and have the availability to buy out of trouble come the winter break. They could buy any player, from any team it they wanted and sit them on the bench in fact any SPFL player would struggle to get on the bench. 

Aberdeen – maybe a surprise but see rangers troubles think we will be in there or thereabouts - still think we will miss the group stage but think we will get to the playoffs 

Rangers – think their money troubles may come home to roost this season. Sports Direct and the loan they have, at the moment, may be instrumental – yes indeed this has been said for a long time but they have barely spent any money over the close season and now have a hugely bloated squad with ½ a dozen player told they aren’t needed. Not getting through groups and out of the league cup could lead to real difficulty. Given their beyond expectations Europa run cant believe how little they are spending - now is the time to make sure they stay in the groups because another group stage would ensure the coefficient is really strong  

Hibs  will give a very big challenge to Rangers

Kilmarnock will still be a thorn in the side to the OF but less so to others

Hearts – Levein for the 1st manage casualty, they will miss out on naismith

Motherwell best of the rest

ST J – Tommy will leave for a new job  ( UK 1st division or outside bet for hearts) but will do well

Ross County – solid 1st season not spectacular but will be good enough to be safe

St Mirren – stronger but not heading for top 6

Hamilton- stays up in play offs only so many times can they avoid the fight. will still avoid it as they know how to fight but even closer than ever. Martin Canning was my manager of the last 3 years but this year is too much of a struggle

Livingston- for the drop – luck will run out this season

Think Celtic may get the quadruple but  see a fall off in crowds - winning the league cup (against rangers) will bring down the house of cards. Gerrard will be gone after leading rangers to a win in the league and a 3rd round defeat in europa - they will get humped in the cup by 3 or 4 goals which will see him gone

we will lose in the semi of the cup to a poor hibs side

Martin Canning is not the Hamilton manager. 

• Upvote 1

Martin Canning is not the Hamilton manager. 

I know he was though my manager of the year over the last few seasons - I though he di a wonderful job against the odds keeping Hamilton up I think it was a mistake to let him go as he was like the team he knew what he had to do to keep them up. Look at St mirren who this year think top six is achievable (after Europe was the year before) Canning new what to do to be 10th - Hamilton have lost that knowledge

I think they will end up 11th but have enough know how still around to stay up. Canning might not be Hamilton Manager today, I'm not sure he wont be in 8 months time

Levein though will be the 1st managerial casualty, followed by Gerrard,  Rice and finally Goodwin

I know he was though my manager of the year over the last few seasons - I though he di a wonderful job against the odds keeping Hamilton up I think it was a mistake to let him go as he was like the team he knew what he had to do to keep them up. Look at St mirren who this year think top six is achievable (after Europe was the year before) Canning new what to do to be 10th - Hamilton have lost that knowledge

I think they will end up 11th but have enough know how still around to stay up. Canning might not be Hamilton Manager today, I'm not sure he wont be in 8 months time

Levein though will be the 1st managerial casualty, followed by Gerrard,  Rice and finally Goodwin

Surely Levein's probably got the safest job in the league?

Surely Levein's probably got the safest job in the league?

sat there as a caretaker director of football and had a health scare last year. Surprise honestly he hasn't yet moved back upstairs to protect his position. really only his racing start to last season that kept him in a job as he tried to recover. Needs Naismith without Naismith Hearts are Motherwell level 

has a safer job as Director of Football than he does as 1st team manager 

Where do you make this crap up? He was sacked by Leeds on 1st June 2018 and got the Hibs job on 13th February 2019, that is not two years out the game for personal reasons. Prior to that he was manager at Barnsley with a win percentage of 27%.

So he took a year & a half out for personal reasons rather than two years.

Just because he got sacked by a club that still holds massive delusions of past grandeur doesn't mean what I said was wrong.

He was given no cash at Leeds & was forced to blood loads of youngsters, something that massively benefited them latterly after his sacking.

He has a good managerial record for a 'newbie' but his hands were tied at Leeds. That & the shit he took from the Leeds support was part reason for his 'time out' after them

• 2 weeks later...

1. Tims - my wife could win league on the superior budget.

2. Huns - again budget based should secure runners up.

3. Us - we will sign a couple more plus perhaps a loan or two, which will easily secure third place at worst.

4. Hibs - on proviso their manager remains insitu.

5. Hearts - purely because the rest of teams are relatively pish.

6. Motherwell - noticed that their manager playing a more attacking format, which may earn more win points.

7. St Johnstone - Tommy Wright will continue to work miracles.

8. Kilmarnock - reckon foreign manager will struggle.

9. Ross Cty - first season back will carry on a wee bit of last season's Championship success.

10. Livingston - similar season to last year

11. St Mirren - not enough quality for me.

12. Hamilton - time to earn favourites tag for relegation.

Season not even started and I am already feeling I was too positive about Hibs finishing 4th because of their manager and too negative about Killie finishing 8th because of their manager. If both stay insitu can easily see positions being reversed. Heckingbottom sounds more of a bottling prick the more I hear from him and the Killie boss can quite easily be the Italian Clarke working away under the radar.

Just because Killie managed to beat a rubbish Welsh team, or has there been other stuff? Genuine question, I've not really heard anything about him.

Not based on beating the Welsh team. More about subsequent gut feeling that Clarke effect still there + Italian's contacts may be sound enough to bring in a few decent players.

Genuinely feel Heckingbottom is a prick that will eventually drag Hibs backwards.

Anyhoo opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one.

Time will tell as always