Where Are They Now

Seems weird to think Dundee signed Canniga and Ravanelli back in the day.

I know. But both were long past their prime Cannigia starred for Argentina in 1990 I think Dundee signed him about a decade later. He was still bloody good though.

If Fergie has managed to get the Boniek signing over the line we would have been signing one of the best players in the world bang in his prime. As I mentioned earlier probably the equivalent of Aberdeen signing Eden Hazard or Antoine Griezmann today.

Look at the goals this guy scored at the highest level. He makes Gazza and Brian Laudrup look like fucking Dougie Imrie.

https://youtu.be/eN8owVeQgfU

For those that are too young to remember Boniek this was a guy who scored a hat-trick in a 1982 World Cup finals knock-out tie for Poland, won the European Cup, the Cup Winners Cup, the Super Cup, Serie A and the Coppa Italia with Juvenus playing alongside Platini and half of the Italian 82 World Cup winning team. He scored the winner in the CWC 84 final and both goals to defeat Liverpool in the Super Cup final that same year. Juve were probably the best team in Europe in the early to mid 80's.

If I was to compare Boniek ability wise to players of today I'm thinking probably at least Eden Hazard / Griezmann level. And Fergie apparently nearly signed him for AFC direct from Juve whilst he was still in his prime. Crazy when you compare it to how football is nowadays.

No. We were.

• Upvote 1

A pity we never got to play them in the 1984 ECWC final.

Two great teams in their prime.

Bloody Porto put paid to that.

Yip still pisses me off now when I think of that game.

We could also have played that Juve side in the Super Cup Final in 83 but they surprisingly lost the European Cup final to Hamburg.

Would loved to have seen Fergie's team play Juve they had some team. Platini, Boniek, Rossi, Tardelli, Gentile, Scirea and Cabrini all played for them. Back in the good old days when clubs were only allowed two foreign players. Bliss.

I know. But both were long past their prime Cannigia starred for Argentina in 1990 I think Dundee signed him about a decade later. He was still bloody good though.

If Fergie has managed to get the Boniek signing over the line we would have been signing one of the best players in the world bang in his prime. As I mentioned earlier probably the equivalent of Aberdeen signing Eden Hazard or Antoine Griezmann today.

Look at the goals this guy scored at the highest level. He makes Gazza and Brian Laudrup look like fucking Dougie Imrie.

https://youtu.be/eN8owVeQgfU

Cracking goals in there and loads of them.

Van Basten like.

The sales people at the property place absolutely done him in

"Aye mate it's band C"

He pays his cash, and its band E

Excellent.

“They gave me a list of about seven or eight flats and I went around taking photos of these places and the quality of the area these flats were in compared to mine was night and day. Even though I stay there I’ll be open about it, my area is terrible.”

:laughing: