Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/6865243/anthony-joshua-deontay-wilder-eddie-hearn/

Old news man. Why should Joshua travel to the US? The contract is there for Wilder to fight him at Wembley, it's Wilder bottling it.

There was $50m offered to Joshua but his owner knows he can milk the gullible here fighting the dregs, if fast Eddie can get Joshua against Povetkin then Whyte then he will, relatively easy pickins for the stiff fraud and a shit load of cash without the bubble getting burst.

• Upvote 2

There was $50m offered to Joshua but his owner knows he can milk the gullible here fighting the dregs, if fast Eddie can get Joshua against Povetkin then Whyte then he will, relatively easy pickins for the stiff fraud and a shit load of cash without the bubble getting burst.

Not if Wilder signs that contract.

I genuinely don't know whether to respond properly, cause I can sense if you're being serious or not...

Mayweather/Pacquiao is the only example I'll give at this time until I find out if you've lost the plot, or you're on the wind up...

Being serious.

You think the world champion is scared of fighting another world champion? What's this based on?

The management makes the decisions. Joshua and Wilder would be delighted to fight each other. Their promoters have other ideas.

I kinda agree with bobo here, the issue is the promotor but I do think some of it has rubbed off on Joshua and he's brainwashed to take the easy option because the money is still great. Wilder said in interviews that he's messaged Joshua himself and he thinks he'd take the fight but it's out of his control.

Now that you've explained it that way, then fair enough.

Joshua is majorly protected by Hearn. Hearn is shit scared his media money making machine will lose to Wilder, and his money winning exercise by using Joshua then falls apart.

You didn't explain it well in your first post, but understand you now.

Aye, I didn't expect to be pulled up on it to be fair :laughing:

I just meant they're all fighters.

One thing I will say, as soon as they reach the top there is habit of trying to get every fight on their own terms, but again this will be promoters.

Now that you've explained it that way, then fair enough.

Joshua is majorly protected by Hearn. Hearn is shit scared his media money making machine will lose to Wilder, and his money winning exercise by using Joshua then falls apart.

You didn't explain it well in your first post, but understand you now.

When the Povetkin fight was agreed, there was a fantastically funny article on Sky Sports about how this fight is really a dangerous one and more difficult than Wilder etc. Trying to persuade the masses to take it seriously...and pay for it

I watch heavyweight boxing but fuck ever paying for it. Call me what you will. I dislike that Hearn bloke immensely.

When the Povetkin fight was agreed, there was a fantastically funny article on Sky Sports about how this fight is really a dangerous one and more difficult than Wilder etc. Trying to persuade the masses to take it seriously...and pay for it

I watch heavyweight boxing but fuck ever paying for it. Call me what you will. I dislike that Hearn bloke immensely.

You're not alone.

Aye, I didn't expect to be pulled up on it to be fair :laughing:

I just meant they're all fighters.

One thing I will say, as soon as they reach the top there is habit of trying to get every fight on their own terms, but again this will be promoters.

Don't really agree, fighters nowadays are turning themselves more into businessmen so they'll think in a tactical sense about who and when they want to fight.

Especially in boxing where a loss seems to have more of an effect on a career than it does in MMA.

Joshua loses all his momentum, pulling power and ability to control negotiations if he gets best. Obviously the promoters will have a huge influence/say but I don't think guys like AJ will fight anywhere and anytime with the money involved nowadays.

Don't really agree, fighters nowadays are turning themselves more into businessmen so they'll think in a tactical sense about who and when they want to fight.

Especially in boxing where a loss seems to have more of an effect on a career than it does in MMA.

Joshua loses all his momentum, pulling power and ability to control negotiations if he gets best. Obviously the promoters will have a huge influence/say but I don't think guys like AJ will fight anywhere and anytime with the money involved nowadays.

Only because there are so many late call offs in MMA (UFC in particular).

• 3 weeks later...

I was happy with his performance last night however the guy he was fighting is mince and offered little, Fury's movement looked good and it was clear after 5 rounds he was just getting the rounds in, personally I'd have liked to have seen him get the boy out of there but realise that wasn't his aim at all, I also think the Wilder fight is maybe a bit too soon for him however you can't write Fury off, deep down I think he beat him and the fraud but it really comes down to how much he wants it and how good his camps are inbetween.

• Downvote 4