Darts

6 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Rip the "Premier League" up and start again.

Somehow the new format is more mundane than the previous one. I preferred the old format.

In both formats you play for 17 weeks only for it to come down to a "finals night." 4th place can win the title despite being significantly off top spot.

There's definitely still the audience for weekly Thursday night darts on Sky but just needs a complete revamp.

Curious how a Premier League isn't picked purely on merit either. Four "wildcards." lol.

Its ultimately why the Premier League isnt a ranking event - a glorified exhibition to allow most of the country to experience live competitive darts. 

17 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Its ultimately why the Premier League isnt a ranking event - a glorified exhibition to allow most of the country to experience live competitive darts. 

Agreed re. The exhibition part.

The crowd just haven't taken to the mini tournament format each week for one reason or another. Feels like an ITV4 event.

There's scope to play some of the smaller UK-based tournaments outside of England. Having just played a month long tournament in London the PDC have Milton Keynes as the venue for the Masters barely a month later. They used to play this one in Edinburgh if I'm remembering correctly.

10 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Agreed re. The exhibition part.

The crowd just haven't taken to the mini tournament format each week for one reason or another. Feels like an ITV4 event.

There's scope to play some of the smaller UK-based tournaments outside of England. Having just played a month long tournament in London the PDC have Milton Keynes as the venue for the Masters barely a month later. They used to play this one in Edinburgh if I'm remembering correctly.

Yes in Edinburgh and its a non ranking event.

Thought Cullen or Humphries might grab a spot.

Too early for Josh Rock and Ross Smith.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

I think they played there last season. Biggest town in that far SW area.

I didn't see it last year to be honest. It isn't something that usually takes my fancy. Premier League is full of tossers but chucked it on for quickness before watching Real Madrid Barca game.

Saw it was Exeter and thought fit da fuq ken.