Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Youre a right miserable bastard eh.

Typical No voter tbf.

Do the majority of Dons fans dislike The Rangers? Can't state that as we haven't polled every single one.

Are there more black or white sheep in Scotland? No idea, never had a sheep census.

When he first came on the site said he was a green voter then every post since has been snpbad

despite the greens agreeing on indy and trident to name a few

At the end of the day the unionist parties are not there to benefit Scotland in any way only trash it

They are not even registered in this country

And even taking politics out of it all together who would not want to run their own country like all other country's in the world (that alone should be enough reason)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When he first came on the site said he was a green voter then every post since has been snpbad

despite the greens agreeing on indy and trident to name a few

At the end of the day the unionist parties are not there to benefit Scotland in any way only trash it

They are not even registered in this country

And even taking politics out of it all together who would not want to run their own country like all other country's in the world (that alone should be enough reason)

Where anywhere in this discussion has there been mention of any party until you interjected it.

My issue is with the misuse of statistics and facts.

But you keep going on about other things, as if that's part of the equation.

As an aside, I got a Xmas card from the first minister. Your party leader, did you?

Youre a right miserable bastard eh.

Typical No voter tbf.

Do the majority of Dons fans dislike The Rangers? Can't state that as we haven't polled every single one.

Are there more black or white sheep in Scotland? No idea, never had a sheep census.

Good reply thanks, I notice that you can't dispute the data.

Maybe cos it doesn't fit a narrative.

Good reply thanks, I notice that you can't dispute the data.

Maybe cos it doesn't fit a narrative.

By far the best statistics have been made available to you, they agree with my point.

You would argue the sun was a shade of orange when asked if it was yellow or blue.

Nae wasting my time looking out things when you've already been put in your place.

I happen to know some people at SPSS who worked on the study quoted in that article.

The key thing in relation to this discussion and the repeated ascertions about the majority of Scots etc is this.

The number of people SAMPLED FOR THE STUDY* is 3719 the electorate in 2014 is 4,283,392, the number of voters was 3,619,915

So you're talking about 3700 of 3600000 its a minuscule amount.

Lastly, it's a Secret Ballot, so no one actually knows.

So state a study or opinion, as more Scots etc., just don't state it as fact.

By far the best statistics have been made available to you, they agree with my point.

You would argue the sun was a shade of orange when asked if it was yellow or blue.

Nae wasting my time looking out things when you've already been put in your place.

Or you can't because in an election we have a secret ballot.

Let me guess, there were uncounted votes and vote tampering and all sorts...

By whom?

I happen to know some people at SPSS who worked on the study quoted in that article.

The key thing in relation to this discussion and the repeated ascertions about the majority of Scots etc is this.

The number of people SAMPLED FOR THE STUDY* is 3719 the electorate in 2014 is 4,283,392, the number of voters was 3,619,915

Show us a study that says the opposite. Thanks...

The number of people SAMPLED FOR THE STUDY* is 3719 the electorate in 2014 is

4,283,392, the number of voters was 3,619,915

Pretty sure you'll know how polling works and how they use the data to be as accurate as possible. That's what this survey has done too. Stop being deliberately obtuse.

• Downvote 1

It's definitely a generational thing. I'd expect it to happen within the decade.

I would be genuinely surprised if there is a further referendum, at least any time soon.

Post Brexit, the pitch for independence will be:

Let's become independent by:

1) Surrending significant power from Holyrood to Brussels

2) Moving to a situation where our currency is controlled by a foreign body(either by ECB or Bank of England) without reference to our circumstances

Its just a joke isnt it? "Independence through subservience".

But plenty of dopes would still vote for it, because its driver is an emotional need to create an identity*.

(*modern scots identity has no roots and is an empty vessel for a variety of reasons, it doesnt go further than kilts, heavy drinking and hating the english).

Given that everybody who was anybody in Scotland at that time had been bankrupted by the Darien adventure it was no surprise that the offer by England to reimburse the losses if we accepted union was jumped at. A parcel of rogues they might have been, but a parcel of fools they were not.

I agree entirely (this is becoming a habit lol).

I was only plagerising from that drunkard burns, to show that from the Bruce murdering the Red Comyn at the altar rail of a Church, to the McDonalds being murdered in their beds in Glencoe, (on the orders of obese pederast William of Orange), treachery is a strong scottish attribute and its a fool that trusts a scotsman :laughing:

I would be genuinely surprised if there is a further referendum, at least any time soon.

2) Moving to a situation where our currency is controlled by a foreign body(either by ECB or Bank of England) without reference to our circumstances

But plenty of dopes would still vote for it, because its driver is an emotional need to create an identity*.

(*modern scots identity has no roots and is an empty vessel for a variety of reasons, it doesnt go further than kilts, heavy drinking and hating the english).

Your main problem is you clearly don't understand the Independence movement at all and have characterised it using your own wee sad prejudices.

The main driver for Independence is fuck all to do with identity and even less to do with hating the English. The English folk in the SNP and in my local Yes group would be quite bemused at the assertion that they hate themselves and their country.

Scotland wouldn't be surrendering significant control, as it doesn't currently have significant control. A situation being worsened by the shameless power grab that the Tory government is attempting to force upon us. Scotland right now is completely subservient. We get governments we don't vote for, we get economic, military, constitutional policies and enactments we dont want and voted against. Yet we just have to deal with it. So your arguments about "subservience" are contradictory nonsense.

It's pretty clear your do not understand the Yes movement at all. That's the problem with the internet though, any ill-informed fool can mouth off their ignorant views.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I was only plagerising from that drunkard burns, to show that from the Bruce murdering the Red Comyn at the altar rail of a Church, to the McDonalds being murdered in their beds in Glencoe, (on the orders of obese pederast William of Orange), treachery is a strong scottish attribute and its a fool that trusts a scotsman :laughing:

Wow. Your self-loathing is off the charts!

• Upvote 1

:)

Nae the two finest example of Scottish togetherness I grant you, but one Frenchman stabbing another Frenchman in the pursuit of power, and a Dutchman ordering the massacre of a bunch of Stewart supporting cattle rustlers by employing another clan of cattle rustlers to carry out the deed did have a strong international element behind it. I would point out though that the modern independence movement is not driven by past injustices, but rather a struggle against the modern Oxbridge educated, Londoncentric, Hooray Henry, Tory millionaire champagne guzzling twats who have brought our little corner of this Island to its knees.

Your main problem is you clearly don't understand the Independence movement at all and have characterised it using your own wee sad prejudices.

The main driver for Independence is fuck all to do with identity and even less to do with hating the English. The English folk in the SNP and in my local Yes group would be quite bemused at the assertion that they hate themselves and their country.

Scotland wouldn't be surrendering significant control, as it doesn't currently have significant control. A situation being worsened by the shameless power grab that the Tory government is attempting to force upon us. Scotland right now is completely subservient. We get governments we don't vote for, we get economic, military, constitutional policies and enactments we dont want and voted against. Yet we just have to deal with it. So your arguments about "subservience" are contradictory nonsense.

It's pretty clear your do not understand the Yes movement at all. That's the problem with the internet though, any ill-informed fool can mouth off their ignorant views.

I presume your last sentence is not a rhetorical point Parky, but I pretty much agree with the rest of your post.

• Upvote 1

What a sad, narrow minded view

Do you vote Tory, by any chance?

The main driver for Independence is fuck all to do with identity and even less to do with hating the English.

I didn't say independence it had to do with hating the english, you didnt read my post properly.

Scotland wouldn't be surrendering significant control, as it doesn't currently have significant control.

if you had read my post properly, you would have noted it said "post brexit" - and so all the powers Holyrood will reap from brexit would have to be handed back to Brussels (given both the SNP and greens want Scotland in the EU).

Some independence that is, giving up powers.

• Upvote 2

a struggle against the modern Oxbridge educated, Londoncentric, Hooray Henry, Tory millionaire champagne guzzling twats who have brought our little corner of this Island to its knees.

Oh come on, and it would be better to be run by "elite" millionaire types who are brussels-centric would it? You are not that naive surely?

I didn't say independence it had to do with hating the english, you didnt read my post properly.

I did. You said many "dopes" would vote for it for identity reasons. An identity which you then part-characterised as hating the English.

if you had read my post properly, you would have noted it said "post brexit" - and so all the powers Holyrood will reap from brexit would have to be handed back to Brussels (given both the SNP and greens want Scotland in the EU).

We don't even know what powers we'll have and you're going on about giving them up. The only transfer of powers that's been discussed in parliament to date is taking away powers from Holyrood.

If there is an indyref 2 the questions should be Do you want to remain A: Westminsters bitch or B: Become the EUs bitch because that's what the SNP are selling us at the moment.

Every married man knows that having one controlling bitch in the hoose is more than enough, but if it came to a choice I would certainly punt that harridan fae doon Sooth in exchange for an exotic European type model if you get my drift.

What are all these powers Holyrood will reap from Brexit? The Westminster negotiating team have now agreed that the EU will still set fishing quotas, one of the main reasons for a lot of people in Scotland voting leave. We really are at the mercy of tory voting middle England now, democracy is an illusion in Scotland.

What are all these powers Holyrood will reap from Brexit? The Westminster negotiating team have now agreed that the EU will still set fishing quotas, one of the main reasons for a lot of people in Scotland voting leave. We really are at the mercy of tory voting middle England now, democracy is an illusion in Scotland.

Aye it looks like our fishing industry has just been thrown to the sharks by Davies and his crew. Even Ruth Davidson, who to be fair has never been a fan of Brexit, has said the Scottish Tories will not sign up to this deal. The small group of Westminster hard right Europhobes, who are putting dogma before the welfare of the British people, are leading us over the precipice and any opposition in Parliament is too divided and unprincipled to hold the lunatics to account. What a mess.

• Downvote 1

Aye it looks like our fishing industry has just been thrown to the sharks by Davies and his crew. Even Ruth Davidson, who to be fair has never been a fan of Brexit, has said the Scottish Tories will not sign up to this deal. The small group of Westminster hard right Europhobes, who are putting dogma before the welfare of the British people, are leading us over the precipice and any opposition in Parliament is too divided and unprincipled to hold the lunatics to account. What a mess.

The fishermen were all for brexit though. Then they all voted Tory in the GE. Hard to feel sympathy tbh.
  • Downvote 2