Ryan hedges , stay or go

4 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

As interest appears to be gathering regarding him do we

cash in and try to get an appropriate replacement , McGrath ?

keep him for this season  and have him leave for nowt , I would prefer he signed a new contract but that appears very unlikely  

We should sell any player who's going to bring in decent money. 

Being skint sucked. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I still struggle to believe a club will want to part with over £500k for Hedges.

£500k is just not worth letting him go in terms of impacting our league positioning come the season end.

It needs to be £1M and I'd not be opposed to him signing an extension with a £1M buy-out condition in it

He's 26, came here for nothing to get a career boost, we either keep him for the duration of his contract or let him go for the million

• Upvote 3
Just now, afc1903mad said:

£500k is just not worth letting him go in terms of impacting our league positioning come the season end.

It needs to be £1M and I'd not be opposed to him signing an extension with a £1M buy-out condition in it

He's 26, came here for nothing to get a career boost, we either keep him for the duration of his contract or let him go for the million

I would not accept £500k either.

I'm just simply saying I don't believe any club would bid over that at this moment in time for Hedges.

Let's see if I get proven wrong.

This is a delicate one. 

One of our best players but unlikely to command a huge fee due to the length of contract left. 

Depends very much on whether a suitable replacement is lined up.  There's nothing in the squad currently that you'd fancy to fill a Hedges shaped hole. 

A player like Hedges could be the difference between progressing in cups or not so sometimes it's worth more to the club to keep him than lose him at the wrong time for a few hundred grand. 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I would not accept £500k either.

I'm just simply saying I don't believe any club would bid over that at this moment in time for Hedges.

Let's see if I get proven wrong.

You're probably right, but did the likes of Middlesborough not just pay £1M for Uche Ikpeazu, so you never know with the market in the championship

I would be pleased with that but with him not committing to an extension or new deal it appears he will leave 

20 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Maybe he disna want to go anywhere.?

I would be pleased with that but as he hasn’t committed to an extension or new deal then I suspect he is away 

30 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Are you a director?

Another one more worried what goes on in the boardroom than building a team..

The folk that want us to bend over and accept a few hundred grand from Blackburn just so he doesn't leave for nothing will be the same ones that moan like fuck when Kennedy or McLennan aren't good enough to take his place and the results suffer. 

• Upvote 4

I would suspect the club know by now whether or not he is likely to sign a contract extension. And as there has been no word of him doing so you have to assume that he isn't going to (or is "keeping his options open")

I agree that under these circumstances, selling him in order to fund a replacement of a decent quality is probably the best option. The problem is, with only 10 months left on his contract, it's really doubtful we will get an offer that matches our "true" valuation of him. I'd be amazed if any offer that comes in is for more than £500k. 

In that instance, ordinarily I'd say that we are as well keeping him until the end of his contract. But in doing so, we might end up with an unsettled, unhappy player. Remember how he was in his first season with us. He could barely get a game by the time the second half of that season came round. His form could dip to those levels yet again. And who knows how much effort he would put in if he signs a pre-contract with someone in January?

All things considered, I'd probably take a bid of £500k, but insist on a few performance based (and achieveable) bonus payments within the terms of the sale, plus a 15-20% sell on fee. But also stipulate that it has to happen with no less than 7 days to go until the window closes. Any later and we keep him till next summer.

Then get Mr Mowbray working overtime to find us a replacement within our budget before the transfer window closes

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I would suspect the club know by now whether or not he is likely to sign a contract extension. And as there has been no word of him doing so you have to assume that he isn't going to (or is "keeping his options open")

I agree that under these circumstances, selling him in order to fund a replacement of a decent quality is probably the best option. The problem is, with only 10 months left on his contract, it's really doubtful we will get an offer that matches our "true" valuation of him. I'd be amazed if any offer that comes in is for more than £500k. 

In that instance, ordinarily I'd say that we are as well keeping him until the end of his contract. But in doing so, we might end up with an unsettled, unhappy player. Remember how he was in his first season with us. He could barely get a game by the time the second half of that season came round. His form could dip to those levels yet again. And who knows how much effort he would put in if he signs a pre-contract with someone in January?

All things considered, I'd probably take a bid of £500k, but insist on a few performance based (and achieveable) bonus payments within the terms of the sale, plus a 15-20% sell on fee. But also stipulate that it has to happen with no less than 7 days to go until the window closes. Any later and we keep him till next summer.

Then get Mr Mowbray working overtime to find us a replacement within our budget before the transfer window closes

yer in the wrong job min 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I still struggle to believe a club will want to part with over £500k for Hedges.

Really? Some Belgian lot have apparenently offered 500k for Shankland who has the same time on his contract as Hedges and is the same age.

Hedges is a far better player and his stock is going in the opposite direction to Shanklands. 

He was on fringes of a decent Wales squad & only injury kept him out it seems just when he was hitting form.

£500k would be terrible business by us if we let him go for that. Even if we did get him for nothing. 

That would be like doing a straight swap with him for McGrath in terms of value & not sure even that would be a great deal in all honesty 

Hedges is a Welsh International. 

I'd like to think he'd command a 7 figure fee, if someone's thinking about buying him while he's under contract. 

I did say we should be selling for decent fees, not derisory ones. 

If someone comes in with half a million for our Welsh International I think they should be told to suck a cock... literally told that. Suck a cock. With an accompanying press release that says, Aberdeen have told (English Team) to suck a cock over their derisory offer for Welsh internationalist, Ryan Hedges. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Really? Some Belgian lot have apparenently offered 500k for Shankland who has the same time on his contract as Hedges and is the same age.

Hedges is a far better player and his stock is going in the opposite direction to Shanklands. 

I want to be proven wrong. Bring on the £1m bids.