Took The Plunge

Sheep#1

Got engaged on Friday and all my my guy mates are saying I'm a crazy pr1ck for doing it (they all seem to like her though). Need some other experiences, help me out!

I proposed during an episode of CSI Miami. She said "You have got to be kidding". I switched off the TV and asked her again, and she said yes. Romantic, no, but history doesn't record the manner of the proposal, just the success :)

Congrats!

• Admin

Congrats Sheep but...

Meh... not a big advocate of marriage, personally.

Unnecessary, outmoded, superstitious bollocks, largely.

Sort of agree with Kelt here. Unless there's a dual passport in it for me as an extra advantage, i can't see myself getting hitched. But never say never.

This ^^^.

Just bide together.

Marriage is for women, teuchters, ugly blokes and the spineless.

Well I hope I'm neither ugly or spineless!

Congrats mate, chuffed for you but have you nae like only been with her 5 minutes?

Cheers Niall min, no been a fair while, just we were only 'in a relationship' on fb a couple of months ago.

You guys are starting to get me worried btw! :o

Took the plunge masel nae long ago. Followed by a few months of waking up in cold sweats coupled with her continuously pissing me off i broke it off. She started greeting. Which was actually a result of sorts as last time i seriously upset her she started throwing hay-makers at me and in my drunken state i was seriously struggling to contain her.

It's just nae for me. I just cant stomach the idea of living with someone. I love getting up on Saturday morning knowing i can do whatever the f**k i want, i dont have to plan around or pander to anyone else. As a friend of mine once said "I da even like birds, i just like f**kin them"

Still riding her though.

Good luck by the way!

You did ask for the crazy stories with your first post though!! I have to say they're entertaining me...

Cheers Emms! :P

Took the plunge masel nae long ago. Followed by a few months of waking up in cold sweats coupled with her continuously pissing me off i broke it off. She started greeting. Which was actually a result of sorts as last time i seriously upset her she started throwing hay-makers at me and in my drunken state i was seriously struggling to contain her.

It's just nae for me. I just cant stomach the idea of living with someone. I love getting up on Saturday morning knowing i can do whatever the f**k i want, i dont have to plan around or pander to anyone else. As a friend of mine once said "I da even like birds, i just like f**kin them"

Still riding her though.

Good luck by the way!

Now it's THIS that I worry about, what I could be giving up!

Was that the bearded tramp? Sounds like the sort of thing he would say?

It certainly was. Think he came up with that gem in Madrid so you were probaly there when he said it.

He paused for dramatic effect, set down his glass, looked off into the distance and then said it. Trying to make it look like some sort of great philosophical statement. He may have pulled it off if not for the lager froth dripping from his beard and the fact he had been wearing the same clothes for 4 days.

Congrats mate, chuffed for you but have you nae like only been with her 5 minutes?

So what if he was???? Each to their own

My pal got married less than a year ago, sold his hoose moved in with her and paid off her debts.

Got kicked out for no real reason a couple of weeks ago and is now back with his folks with not a pot to piss in.

Nae half measures!

His old dear started making his packed lunches again.

As long as your 100% sure lad, i wish you all the best.

p.s. get ursel a decent solicitor to advise on the benefits of a pre-nuptal agreement to avoid a possible cheesepipes's pal type situation

:thumbup1:

Absolutely agree with this, got to protect your capital and assets. Apparently middle class couples in their 30s and 40s are causing the most grief to solicitors because of their demands in divorce settlements. With 45% of couples divorcing in the UK (or round about) it makes sense. Actually even if it was a much lower % I'd still be wanting to protect my capital and assets that I myself have acquired. Not romantic but the rational thing to do imo.