Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

Gave the game a miss, went for pizza and beer with friends. Watched the highlights this morning and a telling post-match interview with stand-in captain Considine. Andy admits that we looked like "we wanted it to be over" from the beginning. Seems we barely huffed or puffed.

The season so far is disappointing. Encouragement is taken from McKenna's promotion and Christie's performances. Overall though our new team has failed to take shape.

Much is made of the departure of Hayes and McGinn. Yet Christie aside, we look weak right across midfield. It might be the best move made by McInnes securing the Flood-Robson partnership. Arguably we miss those types of players even more in our light-weight outfit.

I think it is now obvious we need to shuffle our pack come January.

COYR

Gave the game a miss, went for pizza and beer with friends. Watched the highlights this morning and a telling post-match interview with stand-in captain Considine. Andy admits that we looked like "we wanted it to be over" from the beginning. Seems we barely huffed or puffed.

The season so far is disappointing. Encouragement is taken from McKenna's promotion and Christie's performances. Overall though our new team has failed to take shape.

Much is made of the departure of Hayes and McGinn. Yet Christie aside, we look weak right across midfield. It might be the best move made by McInnes securing the Flood-Robson partnership. Arguably we miss those types of players even more in our light-weight outfit.

COYR

You could argue has Robson and Flood ever been replaced?

There was nae a single option left after that holocaust of a performance at Motherwell.

How we started that game with O'Connor and Reynolds as the centre backs is an indication of McInnes not having a clue at times, and fully shits on the McInnes sees them in training line trotted out to justify anyone not playing.

So McKenna got his chance and took it, rather than McInnes persevering with what he had?

He clearly does give youth a chance when the circumstances allow and said young player is good enough.

COYR

We desperately need players in that mound who can boss the midfield and let the abundance of attacking players we have get on with attacking.

Seeing as nothing happened yesterday thats a daft question. :>]

The lack of width, no Shinnie, players out of position and being out thought.

I dont like criticising the management but yesterday was the latest in a long

list of shite games this season.

Just not worked out this season with the new signings. May,Stewart,Maynard and GMS were all good players at some point in their careers. DM thought he could take them to Pittodrie and turn their fortunes around. It hasn't happened so far.

Dire stuff yesterday, made even more painful with the biting cold and win.

Right from the start we looked miles off of the pace. With Doc coming out and stating that Motherwell had tinkered with their tactics and formation and again we failed to cope. It further highlighted a long standing issue McInnes has with a 'plan B'. Time and again he struggles to make a change that will alter the flow of the game. None of the players out there, bar Christie seemed willing to take responsibility. The midfield is powder puff and our wing play is nonexistent. I don't recall any balls played into the box for Rooney to work with. All these high balls punted up to him are no use. It's not his style of play, never has been and never will be. The lack of wing play is a major concern for me. We are been shown how much we are missing Hayes and McGinn. We've Wright chomping at the bit to play but McInnes seems unwilling to trust him with an extended run in the team. What on paper looked a good transfer window is quickly been shown up as a shambles. GMS is a fairy, Stewart i think would be fine if he got a run in the team. Maynard was quickly identified as being pish. May has disappointed me, but again i don't think we're playing to his stremgths. Ball is balls. Christie is our only shining light and sadly he's not ours.

Logan and Considine are having shockers this season and it's no coincidence that it's because Hayes and McGinn aren't in front of them.

I'm pretty sure that despite what's being said, the lack of a 'yes I'm interested' or a 'no, get fucked ye hun cunts' from McInnes is unsettling for the team.

We're sitting second despite being pretty pish so far this season, but if we keep this shite up we won't be for much longer.

Yesterday was as bed as I've seen in a long time. Need to get this sorted, pronto.

Pretty dire display from us, it was a stroll for Motherwell who deserved the points.

I agree with the comments saying our midfield was conspicuous by its absence. We certainly could be doing with a heikkinen / bisconti / rico type in there.

November is shaping up to be a miserable month, with just 1 point from 6 vs lanarkshire dross thus far.

Meanwhile, back on the game, with the benefit of BBC highlights....with the exception of pish defending by O Connor at the free kick (horribly similar to the goal at Fir Park) it is the complete lack of midfield wot done us.

But, but, but but, but Considine etc etc

In all seriousness, you're spot on.

It is a worry that a guy who couldn't get in the team last season is now expected to be our midfield anchor.

On reflection saturday was dire to say the least. We looked like a side back to the old days, couldnt find a teammate with a simple pass.

Never seen so many passes actually not finding a man but going out for a throw ffs, how hard is it? Totally disjointed, no leadership. From where we were in south stand you could see that Moult was going to score as the free kick was delivered.

Gms should have been hooked long before he was, he disna seem to be able to read a game, get into position when we are breaking, he,s been a big let down.

Fuck knows what Scott Wright has done but the lad needs more game time, more to offer than Gms.

Hard one to take, but credit to motherwell, well organised and won at canter.

Hopefully our gaffer is kicking arse this week, they need it.

Need to kick on again

The transformation in Motherwell this season from last is incredible. They are just a completely different animal and it just shows what the right appointment in the dugout can make. Robinson has made a huge difference to them that's twice they've easily beaten us already this season. I doubt it will be the last time this season either so superior were they in both of their wins. If McInnes does end up leaving maybe we could steal yet another Motherwell manager. We could do a lot worse.

McInnes has a lot of work to do with this squad. How we are in second place in beyond belief we look so disjointed and so many of the new players are just not cutting it yet. After a bright start May has been very disappointing. Stewart and GMS look shadows of the players we know they can be. On paper we have a very good squad and starting 11. But too many square pegs in round holes at the minute. DM needs to get it sorted out pronto before the hun double header. The only saving grace is that they seem to be every bit as bad as us at the minute.

• Upvote 1

Watching the highlights of the game just now, the 2nd goal looks worse than I recalled it live.

McKenna got burnt for pace but could have taken Cadden out and took a booking. Then, looks like Considine could have got in the way of the resultant cross, then finally, Arnie gets on the wrong side of Moult, and out muscled. Shambolic.

How about O'Connor at right back for a spell? Logan doesn't attack down the wings nowadays, so O'Connor might give us bit of extra bite

• Downvote 2

Watching the highlights of the game just now, the 2nd goal looks worse than I recalled it live.

McKenna got burnt for pace but could have taken Cadden out and took a booking. Then, looks like Considine could have got in the way of the resultant cross, then finally, Arnie gets on the wrong side of Moult, and out muscled. Shambolic.

How about O'Connor at right back for a spell? Logan doesn't attack down the wings nowadays, so O'Connor might give us bit of extra bite

O Connor is a terrible player in the Considine mould that Jordan Jones would rip to bits,he should be nowhere near the team let alone full back.
  • 3 weeks later...