Taxi for Calderwood?

Some points:

1. We're better than we were.

2. We're not as good as we should be given the players we have.

3. We have bottled it big style in the big games; 4 points rather than 0 against rangers and we'd be 2nd; didn't turn up in the cups; ridiculously defensive in 1st game vs Celtic and no real resistance in the other 2; utd away; utd at home last game before split chance to put pressure on the hun.

4 We have had many sh*t performances besides those above; caley games, smurn away, dunf at home, killie away x2. 11-12 pts dropped as a result.

5. Crazy tactics; 2-4-4 at kick off? Man to Man defending at 1 down? sit in and defend 1-0s at home? Mackie LWB? Dempsey LW? Diamond RM? Brewster from the start?

6. We score similar no.s of goals/season as we did under Ebbe/Pele. Do not average 2 a game.

7. We still only win around half our home games.

8. We are hard to beat - usually. Unless it's a big game.

9. We have crap youth and reserve teams. We have 3 u-21s at a push ready for 1st team level. Scouting? Coaching? Would expect to be seeing JC's youth policy beginning to bear fruit by now at U-19 level at least. Do we even sign who we mean to?

10. Some good signings. Lot of last minute buys that have been utter sh*te and cost us money we don't have. Best signings have been established SPL players. Players from elsewhere generally pish. Scouting network? Do we have one?

11. playing style is sh*te. Ball retention is sh*te. Long ball is default. Counter-attack is default. JC seems unable to set out a team that can both attack and defend with equl competency.

IMO with better management and more belief we could and should have been at least 12 points clear of Rangers at the moment. Instead we are clinging onto 3rd.

I doubt whether we can afford a manager that would do better. I feel we should our eyes peeled though. If JC underachieves again next season then I might start getting angry. That does not mean we should get 2nd nesxt year cos the huns will move the goal-posts again. I mean we have to hold leads better, we have to extend leads, we have to get a cup run, we have to win more big games.

JC's job is to get the best out of HIS players, to put in place the people and the system that can bring through our own players, to make the most of the transfer budget at his disposal (not do council stylee last minute spunk of the dough).

IMO JC is failing on all 3 fronts. Must do better.

It's not a case of black and white, there is a grey area here.

Of course Calderwood has been good for AFC, just think back to where we were under Paterson and Ebbe and decide where you'd rather be.

However, it would be ridiculous to laud Calderwood as some sort of messiah. We have flattered to decieve on so many occasions (take your pick of any cup tie we have played under his tenure) and he doesn't do the club any favours with his constant outbursts to the media and his peculiar tactical decisions.

I think the time is fast approaching when JC spouts the old "taken the club as far as I can" line and only when he has gone will we able to judge his tenure.

I've been critical of JC in the past but to suggest that he has to go seems irrational to me.

Guest Stoney
That's the optimism i was hoping for, why can't other fans be like that? Always looking on the brightside of things, stoney is your pint glass half full or half empty?

Dunno what was it at tannadice?

I have hated (and I really f*cking mean hate) for 20+ months the waddling embarrassment that is Jimmy Calderwood, the orange sh*te speaking hun c*nt from Govan's sunbed parlours (not his mothers womb) who will never admit he has made a mistake but will speak sh*te about every team and their players we are about to play, applauding his players after dismal performances, picking on youth players rather than duds he has signed, signing Steve Crawford (who I hated long before he signed for us), making me watch really crap football for entertainment, doing the most retarded formations and tactics I have ever seen, staring like a twat at me for 15 seconds because I told him the Queens park game was not a fun experience to watch - did he think it was, wanker!

I dont care about performances, UEFA cup or anything - I just f*cking hate him and want him gone!

I have hated (and I really f*cking mean hate) for 20+ months the waddling embarrassment that is Jimmy Calderwood, the orange sh*te speaking hun c*nt from Govan's sunbed parlours (not his mothers womb) who will never admit he has made a mistake but will speak sh*te about every team and their players we are about to play, applauding his players after dismal performances, picking on youth players rather than duds he has signed, signing Steve Crawford (who I hated long before he signed for us), making me watch really crap football for entertainment, doing the most retarded formations and tactics I have ever seen, staring like a twat at me for 15 seconds because I told him the Queens park game was not a fun experience to watch - did he think it was, wanker!

I dont care about performances, UEFA cup or anything - I just f*cking hate him and want him gone!

Settle down you mentalist.

Guest Stoney

:itch-chin::laughing:

Guest Stoney
the fact alot of yous when slagging him constantly refer him to a Orange or Weegie b*st*rd makes me think its f*ck all to do with his management skills why you want him to go!......Sad sad people!!!

Ferguson was a hun and a weegie too was he not :laughing:

Indeed we did. have a banana.

also came across these gems from the history section on afc.co.uk, regarding Ebbe's reign.

Aberdeen finish bottom of the SPL with a record 83 goals conceded. Dons saved due to SPL ground criteria.

The Dons lose a record first six games in the league. The first five are without a goal scored.

Those were indeed, "the days".

:nutter:

1st Round of both cups - I do care about about performances I realise!

:laughing:

When did this happen?

At the Bohs friendly in Dublin.

It started with me shouting at him from here (see pic)

dscn1994zt1.jpg

"Jimmy this is most piss game I have ever seen - well outwith the Queens Park game"

He flinched and did a quick glowering glance behind him

"Aye Queens Park" I shouted to get his attention once again

He turned round to see who had shouted at him, so

"Aye the Queens park game, that was a fun experience"

He stared at my eyes like a demented luncatic but with his hands in his pockets, and I just shrugged my shoulders, shook my head and looked back at him with pity as the people all around me laughed at him looking like a tool.

Beginning of the season was a thread on "what would be a succesful season?"

my view was double figures home wins, more wins than draws or losses away from home

not quite the end os season yet but think I will be happy based on my wish for the beginning of the season

If we look at the big picture, then I would have to say "Well done Jimmy"

If we look at individual games then I would have to say " you stupid w***er"

would say that we have LOST more points this season through tactical f*** - ups than we have through players mistakes

problems for me are

1 An unwillingness to admit HE got it wrong

2 More worried about man marking opposition players than playing our game especially at home

3 Buying defenders and strikers when we desperatly need midfielders

4 An inability to get it right for big games or one off games

Good for me

1 A well organised defence

2 A good game plan (though boring)

chill out Harcus, min.

I wis just saying.

Also, just saying, I thought we'd have been in a play-off vs 3rd rather than straight relegation.

Some of Ebbe's times were dire, some were good.

all comments were in jest boaby. I never actually knew we'd won the youth cup. pity f*ck all players came through though.