Has Milne Just Cleared The Way For A Yes Vote?

Will be interesting to hear if anyone of the recently departed make a public statement.

Very, very worried about this. Stewart Milne isn't a football man - I have my doubts if he ever really followed prior to taking control. I believe he makes his decisions purely on a financial basis - I doubt he'd let his heart rule his head. Might be completely wide of the mark, but I doubt the timing is a co-incidence.

Will be interesting to hear if anyone of the recently departed make a public statement.

Very, very worried about this. Stewart Milne isn't a football man - I have my doubts if he ever really followed prior to taking control. I believe he makes his decisions purely on a financial basis - I doubt he'd let his heart rule his head. Might be completely wide of the mark, but I doubt the timing is a co-incidence.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

I know for sure that at least a couple of those who've departed are life-long Aberdeen supporters (probably more).

Why would any middle aged man who's followed Aberdeen their entire life, having suffered Rangers bile and cheating ways for decades, vote 'YES'?

It simply doesn't make sense.

As Jim Cummings said, none of these guys did anything for the club, very little or no investment at all, so what's the point in them being on the board?

The stated reason for the changes is that we need money to fund the new stadium and soccer academy and I've no reason to disbelieve that.

If none of these guys invested, and Miller was drawing a six figure salary, then the decision appears to be no more than common sense.

As Jim Cummings said, none of these guys did anything for the club, very little or no investment at all, so what's the point in them being on the board?

The stated reason for the changes is that we need money to fund the new stadium and soccer academy and I've no reason to disbelieve that.

If none of these guys invested, and Miller was drawing a six figure salary, then the decision appears to be no more than common sense.

Hopefully it's just as simple as that. Time will tell.

Aberdeen Asset Management are an investment company, it's certain that Milne will have been doing some projected sums over the last wee while and it may be the case that the projected losses whatever the Newco vote was that made it unviable for them to continue being involved.

You seem to be suggesting Milne is merely wanting to surround himself with yes voters - does he even have the power to sack them? Chuck in Miller's six figure salary and it seems to me like preparation for whichever way the Newco vote goes, which is backed up by the actual quotes in the EE today.

Be lying if I said the timing didn't concern me also, but the above is a viable theory too, no?

Just raising some concerns, both situations are perfectly viable, but the timing of it, before the vote has even taken place...

2 weeks today we'll know.

Edit: And I'm not jumping to any conclusions bripod, just raising concerns as I said.

But if it's financial that he's basing the vote on, then he's risking a lot more by voting yes imo :dontknow: he must realise this

But if it's financial that he's basing the vote on, then he's risking a lot more by voting yes imo :dontknow: he must realise this

Without doubt.

Going against 97% of your customers' wishes is business suicide.

He wisna born yesterday, and I'm sure he fully realises that the financial implication of voting 'yes' would dwarf any short term loss suffered by voting 'no'.

It was as if you just read the two lines Charlie Allan wrote on the EE website and ignored the explanation provided in the quotes.

I don't read that shite, if you choose to that's up to you.

I listened to Stewart Milne on Original 106 last night and his wishy washy skirting round the issue pish.

It was as if you just read the two lines Charlie Allan wrote on the EE website and ignored the explanation provided in the quotes.

I'm sure if you listen to the interview he gave Tyrone all fears of Milne voting "yes" will be allayed...hear it straight from the Alford donkey's mouth... ;)

If that was true then he wouldn't have got involved in the club in the first place.

I dont know why people see this as surprising, its not as if our board have been performing very well is it, freshening up is exactly what is needed.

Without doubt.

Going against 97% of your customers' wishes is business suicide.

He wisna born yesterday, and I'm sure he fully realises that the financial implication of voting 'yes' would dwarf any short term loss suffered by voting 'no'.

what part of milnes tenure are you basing that on?

Milne's obviously a very successful businessman in his own right... however, as Kelt often points out, every football-related decision he's made has been a complete calamity. As I said, I don't think he's a football-man. I don't think he understands football fans. He'll probably remembers the furore over Old Firm tax and the outrage it caused among supporters. That eventually blew over.... who's to say Milne hasn't projected the same think will happen here? As I said, he doesn't understand the mindset of a football supporter - because he isn't one himself. I think he will be believe keeping Rangers in league will represent best option financially for Aberdeen.

A reduced TV deal, whenever the contract is up for renewal along with the loss of Rangers gate receipts are tangible. Supporters response, both in the long and short term, is not.

I'm worried, so I'm hoping Tup and Bripod are proved correct.

I'm basing it on the fact he's a successful businessman.

He didna gain success by ignoring his customers, and doing the very opposite to spite them.

Aye a successful businessman who probably deals with high level hun supporters on a daily basis as he litter's the whole of Scotland with his shit houses...question is does he alienate his hobby

he may be a successful businessman but he cant run a football club.

However you could argue that he spent a lot of the money which now represents our accrued debt in trying to keep pace with Rangers.

We were more or less equal up to 1991.

However he was fighting with one arm tied behind his back in retrospect, as they were cheating, putting themselves out of reach financially, even outpaying Barcelona never mind Aberdeen.

So there's a further argument that we should be compensated for that, which would put his tenure in a different light.

I'd say the problem was Rangers more than Milne, no matter who our chairman was he was effectively doomed to moderate success at best.

I'm basing it on the fact he's a successful businessman.

He didna gain success by ignoring his customers, and doing the very opposite to spite them.

Not when it comes to football.

He's presided over a huge increase in our overall debt and a disastrous attempt at building a new stadium.

However you could argue that he spent a lot of the money which now represents our accrued debt in trying to keep pace with Rangers.

However he was fighting with one arm tied behind his back in retrospect, as they were cheating, putting themselves out of reach financially, even outpaying Barcelona never mind Aberdeen.

So there's a further argument that we should be compensated for that, which would put his tenure in a different light.

I'd say the problem was Rangers more than Milne, no matter who our chairman was he was effectively doomed to moderate success at best.

In 2001 our debt was

i admire your glass half full outlook, it should be commended. that sort of positivity is a damn rare thing these days.