Malta V Scotland (1 - 5)

Was there not a rule that if you withdrew from a squad, you weren't able to play in the following domestic game?

Obviously only if enforced...

The rule is the player can't play within the international period, and for five days after the game.

So Lee Wallace was banned from playing against Linfield on Saturday.

Who qualifies from the group? Top team then second place goes into play off?

I think we'll finish second. Slovakia aren't all that. Slovenia should be at least 4 points. Lithuania has to be 6 but it's got Georgia written all over it I guess.

They key is beating Slovakia at Hampden. I imagine England will win every game against everyone else so a point (or 3 at home) would be a bonus.

Who qualifies from the group? Top team then second place goes into play off?

I think we'll finish second. Slovakia aren't all that. Slovenia should be at least 4 points. Lithuania has to be 6 but it's got Georgia written all over it I guess.

They key is beating Slovakia at Hampden. I imagine England will win every game against everyone else so a point (or 3 at home) would be a bonus.

It's the top 8 second place sides that go into play-offs. The 9th goes out altogether, so can't afford to drop too many points to Slovakia, Slovenia and Lithuania even if we do finish second.

The play-offs will probably be seeded, which means Scotland would have a 50% chance of getting a major nation, since Italy and Spain are in the same group so one of them will be in the play-offs, and France and Holland are in the same group too.

Worse IMO. They're all there for the cash

They've already seeded the qualifying group- if you finished second you're in the playoffs on merit- if you qualify you have to face yet more seeding in the WC groups. Seeding the playoffs is a fucking joke and blatantly unfair

I'd say it's slightly less worse than only being allowed to have two English, German or Spanish sides in groups A-D and two in E-F in the CL. You can't have three on one side of the draw.............For TV reasons.