But we do have the players.

You reckon? I think todays crop of Scottish players is as poor as I have ever known.

What we don't have is the fucking mentality.

I agree with that alright.

I never feel the management / players take Scotland especially seriously.

Perhaps more damning is the complete lack of expectation from the scotland support - they do not demand any particular standard or achievement, they are just there for a drinking session and to play dress up.

I wouldnt want our support / press to be like England but to be fair to them if they feel the side and manager are not cutting it, then there is hell to pay. They completely over-rate themselves, of course, but some of that desire (if not expectation) would be very refreshing around the Scottish national side.

You reckon? I think todays crop of Scottish players is as poor as I have ever known. I agree with that alright.I never feel the management / players take Scotland especially seriously.Perhaps more damning is the complete lack of expectation from the scotland support - they do not demand any particular standard or achievement, they are just there for a drinking session and to play dress up.I wouldnt want our support / press to be like England but to be fair to them if they feel the side and manager are not cutting it, then there is hell to pay. They completely over-rate themselves, of course, but some of that desire (if not expectation) would be very refreshing around the Scottish national side.

From age 5 and onwards our football players are every bit as agile , every bit as skillful and understand the concept of playing as a team as much as any other country in the world.

We have players right now at developmental levels that could be world beaters.

But it doesn't happen because we have a losing mentality.

It's that simple.