Scotland V The Netherlands

I saw the first half in the Tilted Wig, allied by moderate to rapid consumption of coast to coast (?) which was a wee bit watery after a half dozen pints of 5am Saint roond the corner.

Looked to be a horrific match and Holland's goal looked offside.

Never saw the second half.

I ken, I'm nae much help.

Drinking 5am Saint look oot the beer snobs will be in to gee you a roasting soon

Folk pay their money they can boo whoever they want, if Jack can't handle a bit of booing he's not got the mentality to play at that level.

Jack had a very good game

Christie started well but just needed to slow it down at times and not try and always play the first time killer pass

Fraser should be one of the first names on the team sheet

Tierney was good defensively but his passing was Reynolds-esque

Players shouldn't get a cap just because of where the game is being played, Shinnie will just have to keep working hard

McGinn is good

Scotland looked like a bunch of guys who've never played together, and the Dutch looked like they couldn't be arsed

Shite game

Only watched the first half. Will go against the grain here and say I thought Jack was pretty good. Handled the threat of their left winger well and the one time he did get ambitious, a terrible ball from McGregor left us completely isolated. Phillips should have played Christie in immediately before that too. Don't think I'd be keen on him being there permanently, but having someone willing to stay back whilst we were bombing down the left kept us solid.

McLean looked like he was part of the defence when we had the ball. Seemed intentional from the manager. I don't think that suits Kenny at all.

Christie one of the standouts for me. I don't think he has done his chances any harm.

Just watched highlights.

Mclean absoultely piss poor for the goal. Half assed attempt at tackle then couldnt be arsed following the run and lets the guy have a free go.

And Shinnie sits on the bench. Fucking pish.

Otherwise I actually quite liked seeing a load of young guys out there with a bit of pace. Much prefer that to watching cunts like bannan, fletcher, hanley, etc etc trundling about.

Yeah, it's clear from his interviews he wants to coach/manage therefore why is he in charge of performance and the SFA youth development approach? He seems completely unsuitable for the job he's doing.

Probably a bit of an unpopular viewpoint but to me the ideal candidate for his role is someone like Ian Cathro. Someone with lots of different ideas about youth development and trying to improve youth players in Scotland.

I think your spot on.

Unfortunately I think Cathro will be very harshly viewed by the media and many fans while MacKay, a guy who we know is a bit of a numpty, is automatically given a level of respect.

I think your spot on.

Unfortunately I think Cathro will be very harshly viewed by the media and many fans while MacKay, a guy who we know is a bit of a numpty, is automatically given a level of respect.

Aye. I agree also on Cathro doing Mackays role. Something to think about as Mackay is clearly about to fuck off to a league 1 or bottom championship club very soon.

Aye. I agree also on Cathro doing Mackays role. Something to think about as Mackay is clearly about to fuck off to a league 1 or bottom championship club very soon.

I think they guy is very optimistic but he thinks hell get a job there soon.

I reckon it might take a bit longer to rehabilitate his reputation. Time in post at the SFA is helpful for that but being put in charge for that friendly was a major boost, all the media exposure and focus etc etc. Chance to look like a manager again and not just someone most clubs will have ignored as a bit of a risk.

It was a pretty pointless game. Mackay , on the evidence of that game, is an awful manager. Yet he's the performance director for football across the whole nation ????

2 utterly different roles though.

Like I say Cathro was a laughably shite manager but might be good in that role.

Malky was a passable manager but couldnt get work due to his negative exposure, frankly he seems a bit of a penis.

I think they guy is very optimistic but he thinks hell get a job there soon.

I reckon it might take a bit longer to rehabilitate his reputation. Time in post at the SFA is helpful for that but being put in charge for that friendly was a major boost, all the media exposure and focus etc etc. Chance to look like a manager again and not just someone most clubs will have ignored as a bit of a risk.

Aye exactly. This is the reason he is entirely wrong for his current post. First chance he got he made it all about himself. What use is someone like that in his role?

I always thought he was a total prick but didn't really give a fuck what he had done wrong in England. He will never be forgiven though for what he did to Shinnie on Thursday night.

I think your spot on.

Thats the problem in this country, too many backwards cunts and dinosaurs in the game. People were desperate for Cathro to fail because he was a modern coach trying new things. He would be ideal for the role Mackay has.

Weegia are fair jumping at this "Jack shut the fans up with his performance" pish. He set up their goal for them ffs.

They are clueless and utterly lost in their bias.

Last time one of their players got a game he was also the man of the match and far away Scotlands best player etc etc according to most of the media.

Yes, you guessed it Im taking about the unless donkey Lee Wallace playing against England and in fact his performance was fucking awful.