Scotland Vs Kazakhstan & San Marino

It's a job that's ripe for an easy win for a good manager.

Our players are far better than they've been performing. Get them confident and organised (an easy task for a competent manager) and you improve us no end.

Then you're a home game vs Finland and an away game vs Norway/Serbia from being at the Euros (where we'd have 2 or 3 group stage home games).

A decent opportunity.

All the more reason to get rid of McLeish and get a younger, better manager in.

It's a job that's ripe for an easy win for a good manager.

Our players are far better than they've been performing. Get them confident and organised (an easy task for a competent manager) and you improve us no end.

Then you're a home game vs Finland and an away game vs Norway/Serbia from being at the Euros (where we'd have 2 or 3 group stage home games).

Finland sometimes use an artificial pitch for qualifiers. We'll be out on our arse if they are smart enough to use it.

The failed Hibs manager Panda. That the best you can do. Wouldn't surprise me though if they tried him. Thinking outside the box for the SFA would be the likes of Ally McCoist with Walter in the background.

The post looks a poison chalice from where I sit. Manager out of work, looking for wedge then it's a no brainer but looking to progress to something better? Big risk involved for that. The only plus would be to get lucky in the play offs and claim all the glory for getting us qualified.

Who would you go for instead? Being realistic. Most of the big names ruled themselves out last time, or would want huge salaries.

Managing Scotland is different from Hibs. As @@Parklife alludes to, all Scotland essentially need at the moment is a competent manager, who knows the players & league, and is able to get the best out of the players. I'd say Lennon is capable of that.

McInnes would be another good choice, but I'm one of the ones that wants him to stay at Aberdeen. Wouldn't be totally against Steve Clarke.

Who would you go for instead? Being realistic. Most of the big names ruled themselves out last time, or would want huge salaries.

Managing Scotland is different from Hibs. As @@Parklife alludes to, all Scotland essentially need at the moment is a competent manager, who knows the players & league, and is able to get the best out of the players. I'd say Lennon is capable of that.

McInnes would be another good choice, but I'm one of the ones that wants him to stay at Aberdeen. Wouldn't be totally against Steve Clarke.

I think you are spot on with the above, my only concern would be the baggage that seems to follow Lennon about.

I’d have Darren Fletcher involved with a view to taking over the job in a couple of years.

Thought he spoke a lot of sense before & after the San Marino game. Defended Shinnie, and questioned why we were playing two holding midfielders against the worst team in the world.

But pundits don't always make good football managers. When he retires though, be interesting to see what he does.

Thought he spoke a lot of sense before & after the San Marino game. Defended Shinnie, and questioned why we were playing two holding midfielders against the worst team in the world.

But pundits don't always make good football managers. When he retires though, be interesting to see what he does.

Yep, agreed. Not that it’s the blueprint for success but I tried to think who our Southgate might be.

• Site Sponsor

I've not followed Scotchland International Soccerball for years but I see in the BBC "gossip" bitty that one of the reasons for supposedly ousting Big Eck is because of a "deeply disturbing" episode before a recent match.

Haven't a clue what they're on about.

Fit's The Scoop?*

* does great ice cream

I've not followed Scotchland International Soccerball for years but I see in the BBC "gossip" bitty that one of the reasons for supposedly ousting Big Eck is because of a "deeply disturbing" episode before a recent match.

Fit's The Scoop?*

* does great ice cream

My mate from schools place! He’s a top loon min

• Site Sponsor

Certainly is.

Used to sit next to him at college when Fergie insisted he had a qualification behind him when he was a yoof player at Pittodrie.

Shame if he's got issues and those cunts at the SFA are using them to make him a scapegoat

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Certainly is.

Used to sit next to him at college when Fergie insisted he had a qualification behind him when he was a yoof player at Pittodrie.

Shame if he's got issues and those cunts at the SFA are using them to make him a scapegoat

Just realised that you're talking about Andy - nae Big Eck, Chewie lol.

Too early in the morning...

• Upvote 1

Not really about who I'd want as there is no possible scenario which will cause them to look outside the usual suspects. Clarke is a far more sensible choice than Lennon. Has done extensive years of coaching before managing, has worked with one of the most successful managers of recent times. Lennon ain't up to the job. Would it surprise anyone if they simply appointed Malky Mackay?

Fit's The Scoop?*

* does great ice cream

The GWT, says McLeish took a turn between the two games.

Not really about who I'd want as there is no possible scenario which will cause them to look outside the usual suspects. Clarke is a far more sensible choice than Lennon. Has done extensive years of coaching before managing, has worked with one of the most successful managers of recent times. Lennon ain't up to the job. Would it surprise anyone if they simply appointed Malky Mackay?

Agree with everything said here and no, Mackay on an interim basis wouldn't surprise me.

It doesn't matter what names the fans or pundits throw into it. The SFA is ultimately limited in its choice by its own sheer incompetence. Plus, senior level Scottish coaching is dog shit.

Did Mackay not want the job last time but Regan wouldn't let him?

Rumours of Mackay causing interference at both senior and u21 games

If MacKays remit is to ensure continuation between all the different age groups, it makes sense for him to have input, but surely he’d know to do it in a way that doesn’t tread on the coaches toes? It’d be like a Director of Football at club level coming in and trying to takeover a half time talk without speaking to the manager first. Personally I’d love the SFA to ask SAF to pop in and do chats to players for a few minutes, what a boost that would be for players.......rather than some racist bam

• Downvote 1

Based on what?