The Official "anyone But Jimmy Calderwood" Thread.

Do you want Tangoman back?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tangoman back?

thing is, theres nothing you can hit him with, factually

challenging at the right end of the table every season

go on, argue that

Apart from no honours during his time in charge, his lack of faith in blooding youngsters, an inability

to manage without a chequebook, I can't argue.

• Upvote 2

Apart from no honours during his time in charge, his lack of faith in blooding youngsters, an inability

to manage without a chequebook, I can't argue.

Players out drinking in town at least weekly.

Driving Lovell out for not liking a bevvy.

Getting punched by a player.

Shite fitba.

Losing to St Midden when we could have went top of the league.

aye??

really??

challenging at top of league every season, european last 32 qualification, beating celtic at parkhead IN THE CUP, going a whole season unbeaten against rangers

yeah, shite right enough

You're in the wrong thread. Nobody apart from you thinks he's any use.

Go away.

• Upvote 1

I would take Jimmy back in an absolute heart beat!!!!! 2 of the best holidays I have ever had were a direct result of his managerial capabilities!!!! Had he won a cup for us everyone would be wanking him off till the cows came home but he get's absolutely slatted for that.....

Come home Jimmy....

• Downvote 2

know how i know im right?

football forum users dont know what theyre talking about

if they did, they wouldnt be just on a forum, theyd be involved in football somehow

SO...if im the only one who thinks jimmy is fantastic, while the other 99.99% of you dont...then automatically, i must be right, as you lot are wrong

I'm with you Millertime!!

• Downvote 1

I don't agree that we should go back to the Jimmys, but Millertime has a point - he is the most successful of our last three managers. Would I take European qualification over what we have been served over the last few years? Aye.

millertimes point is backed up by hindsight and an extreme fetish of fat orange men.

getting rid of the oaf was the right things to do, replacing him with mcghee was the wrong thing to do.

millertime? why has it taken so long for your man to get a job? why was he overlooked for the dundee job where they preferred an alcoholic stroke victim?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

know how i know im right?

football forum users dont know what theyre talking about

if they did, they wouldnt be just on a forum, theyd be involved in football somehow

SO...if im the only one who thinks jimmy is fantastic, while the other 99.99% of you dont...then automatically, i must be right, as you lot are wrong

Good point. Lucky for you that you don't post on a football forum and know your shit. :clangers2:

3rd?

erm, yeah...i do class that as an achievement

so basically what youre saying is, because we didnt challenge till the death for the title, he was a failure?

so, AGAIN, eating right into jimmys hands re unrealistic aspiratrions?

BOOM

barry nicholson, charlie mulgrew, jamie smith, sone aluko, lee miller

4 positively wonderous signings

wanna keep playing?

see post above

erm, no...i knew at the time he was the man for us

and youre allowed to use hindsight too you know, to admit it was wrong to bin him

missed the point ENTIRELY

99% of people on a forum are more than likely to not know what theyre talking about over the remaining 1%

1. good quality players those but there are many more players signed by JC that were utter dross. Stoney or K-9 posted a list a while back and it dwarfed the good signings list.

2. You did not know at the time of JC's sacking that McGhee and or Brown were going to be failed appointments. JC did better than they did and nobody can dispute that but that still does not mean it was a mistake to bin him.

I have a question for you? why can't you ever let this go? are you an aberdeen fan or a Jimmy Calderwood fan?

i will NEVER let it go because its the biggest mistake we made in the last 20 years

look what he did for us in 5 years..imagine what he could do with 5 more

im an aberdeen fan who knows jimmy calderwood was made for us...this is why ill never let it go

name the crap players, go on...

guessing youre gonna say blaha, bus, kristjansson, wright etc?

Look at the mess he left us in, 3 wins in his last half year at the team and two shocking cup exits, should have been binned after the QoTS embarassement

• Upvote 1

4th in the league is a mess, is it?

the league table doesnt lie

We were in relegation form once his money dried up, 4th Equal and only wins that year were home to Cally Thistle Hamilton and hibs on the last day, Very embarassing cup exits to Killie and Dunfermline and his signings that year were all key factors in him getting the bullet.

If you still cant understand all that i think you should seek some mental help

i will NEVER let it go because its the biggest mistake we made in the last 20 years

look what he did for us in 5 years..imagine what he could do with 5 more

im an aberdeen fan who knows jimmy calderwood was made for us...this is why ill never let it go

name the crap players, go on...

guessing youre gonna say blaha, bus, kristjansson, wright etc?

well they were shit players so of course they would be included. there's a host more which I am sure could be found if I could be arsed

off the top of my head in addition to the 4 above theres, McDonald, Kerr, Vidal, Langfield, Bossu, Duff, Mair, Soutar.....................