New Stadium Public Consultation

Guest milne_afc

The first stadium thread should be brought back. Some people said very early on that Kingsford wouldn’t materialise.

New site at the beach would be ace, but council involvement doesn’t give much hope.

57 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Seems to be the best place for Aberdeen to stay at the beach side, with a new stadium.

Could be cheaper for the Dons with some public funding. 

Better for the area, with the Ace Aberdeen supporting local businesses.

COYR

The only problem is,  with the numpties in the council in charge, it will take 10 years to get of the ground.    

• Dildo 1

think everyone likes the idea of staying where we are rather than moving but my initial concern is what the Council are looking to get out of the deal

at Kingsford it would be likely we would have to borrow money to fund the build (loan/mortgage) which until its paid off possibly will impact the playing budget but if the council are putting money into this would they be looking for money every year which means will will never be free from their clammy grip

cant see them doing it for nothing in return

7 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

think everyone likes the idea of staying where we are rather than moving but my initial concern is what the Council are looking to get out of the deal

What they're looking to get out of it is re-elected next year.

The knuckle-dragging mouth breathing cretins we call Aberdeen city council have probably just woken up to the fact that if AFC move out of the city it will be a massive kick in the nuts for them and city centre businesses.

They'll already be having a massive fucking boohoo over the bypass and its benefits for the shire, and then they have Marischal Square rents to pay for out of their own pockets, and with AFC moving out they're really looking down the barrel of the gun.

I wonder if Kingsford hasn't been a giant game of chicken. I do think AFC would have eventually gone through with it, and they still might, but the convenient delays to getting the building process started (there's always some excuse) makes me suspicious that the club were never overly keen on the location.

• Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Would be a fantastic location . The Beach Ballroom could be utilised for match day events , build an outside marquee for beers on summer days , food outlets , club could make a fortune on that 

It's a brilliant idea. 

I did the survey. The problem with the survey is that you can allocate as many points (or even three times as many if you wish) to a footpath as you can to a stadium. 

1 minute ago, StevieT1986 said:

I can only see us moving to the beach if there is some financial benefit to the club as opposed to moving to kingsford, the club are in a good position to negotiate with the council as they already have permission and the land to build the new stadium. 

Aye but the club also know that the benefits of staying at the beach are far greater than going to Kingsford 

20 hours ago, anderson72 said:

Seems to be the best place for Aberdeen to stay at the beach side, with a new stadium.

Could be cheaper for the Dons with some public funding. 

Better for the area, with the Ace Aberdeen supporting local businesses.

COYR

And a short walk fae my hoose to stadium, unless im drinking beer in an establishment in town beforehand....

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

There will need to be some major investment in the roads around the area, it's a fucking joke  trying to negotiate leaving town post games

Aye cause getting to and from Kingsford will be a dream ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, StevieT1986 said:

But then what do the club do with the existing land they have at cormack park?

do they sell off the land,? expand cormack park?

build a wee one stand ground for the ladies and youth teams?

Lost of things the could do with that piece of ground , build a hotel , a golf range , something that can bring even more revenue to the club 

13 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Fuck all wrong with the fucking toonsers having to see what it's like for a change

Aberdeen FC. 

Not Aberdeenshire FC. 

Shut up.