Future Of The Club

It's still shyte quality. Yet in the name of "equality" it is getting more and more airtime. Any U15 boys match will provide far better quality and entertainment but they aint getting a regular slot on national TV.

And on the subject of equality....not seeing men's netball getting an airing any time soon....

• Upvote 2

We are not certain but are you certain that DM is still the man to oversee the next transfer window, which will be critical in ensuring that we have a chance of realizing the aims of today's document.

I most certainly remain to be convinced.

I certainly think he deserves the chance.

The club have good intentions with documents like this but the defining factor will be product on the pitch. I totally agree that the financial gulf between Celtic and ourselves could be negated slightly by improving on the 1 percents throughout the club. It's a shame that the past two seasons work shows that we're nowhere near that. Huge summer. Biggest in a generation. Do well, fans back onside, team doing well and challenging. Do badly, crowds drop further, apathy, turnover down and we become a loss making business with a stadium to pay for. Pressures on Derek. 

• Upvote 1

I certainly think he deserves the chance.

Fine with that but, per Dynamo above, still maintain that impending transfer window is critical to future prospects of the team.

DM would be best advised to work on same pre Florida and not afterwards.

That in itself would be at least a sign of intent and, potentially, secure the better players available this summer.

How long before we see a team full of Bruce Jenners and Caster Semenyas I wonder?

These half men/ women things would improve the standard and make it more watchable.

Just get all the women out of the women's league altogether.

There's a womens' spfl YouTube page. Few tidy blonde huns like

The club have good intentions with documents like this but the defining factor will be product on the pitch. I totally agree that the financial gulf between Celtic and ourselves could be negated slightly by improving on the 1 percents throughout the club. It's a shame that the past two seasons work shows that we're nowhere near that. Huge summer. Biggest in a generation. Do well, fans back onside, team doing well and challenging. Do badly, crowds drop further, apathy, turnover down and we become a loss making business with a stadium to pay for. Pressures on Derek.

Not sure I agree. The club is in a good place just now so I'm not really sure where they negativity from our fans stems from? Frustration from losing finals and semi finals I can understand but we have had a good few years under McInnes.

The constant doom and gloom from a number of supporters is damaging the club as much as anything.

Not sure I agree. The club is in a good place just now so I'm not really sure where they negativity from our fans stems from? Frustration from losing finals and semi finals I can understand but we have had a good few years under McInnes.

The constant doom and gloom from a number of supporters is damaging the club as much as anything.

I think there's frustration at things like our routine surrender to teams that we perceive as 'bigger' or 'better' than us.  The concept of having a go seems alien to the culture at AFC. 

I think a lot of us also suspect that Aberdeen could do a lot better than 1 trophy in over two decades.  Underachievement appears to be our groove, and we should be aiming to be better than that. 

The alternative to McInnes' mediocrity would almost certainly be the sub-mediocrity of Patterson, Ebbe, Aitken, or any one of the many other idiotic garbage appointments made in large part by the crazy rich imbecile who runs the club. 

Anyway... as things stand we're always going to be third best at best going forward, and the chances of springing any suprises in the league seem pretty remote. 

We're just... mediocre. 

It could be worse. 

It might be better. 

It's a gamble the club appears to have no interest in taking, and maybe that's the safest route but it certainly isn't going to offer much excitement. 

• Upvote 1

They've sold 760,000 tickets so far for the World Cup.

Atletico Madrid-Barcelona had a crowd of 60,000 in June.

Bilbao-Madrid had 48,000 in January.

Juventus-Fiorentina had 39,000 at it a few weeks ago.

Two weeks ago the women's FA Cup final had 43,000.

And the SFA are estimating, based on ticket sales so far, that they could have a crowd of 20,000 for the friendly with Jamaica at Hampden.

But aye, "no-one cares".

Good selection of big clubs there.

What would be more revealing is the average attendance at the likes of the women's league in England, the viewing figures for their televised games and the money recieved from the television coverage.

What would be more revealing is the average attendance at the likes of the women's league in England, the viewing figures for their televised games and the money recieved from the television coverage.

Don't know about the other games but the fa cup final had given away lots of tickets to school kids.

You're the textbook "football forum fan"

Terrible

Yer wrong sir.

Paid my hard earned for many a year, so, like yourself, entitled to an opinion.

So, with total respect, you have no right to say I am wrong.

No one on this site has the right to be self righteous.

Nothing is certain

His league and cup performances compared to what they were before him should have you believing in him

Perhaps up to a while back but I sense from over 40 years as a fan that, if we are not careful, what we were before DM may return sooner than you think.

More than happy to admit if wrong next season but we shall see what we are left with team wise post the transfer window!

Perhaps up to a while back but I sense from over 40 years as a fan that, if we are not careful, what we were before DM may return sooner than you think.

More than happy to admit if wrong next season but we shall see what we are left with team wise post the transfer window!

I can absolutely say 100 percent, we will no way go back to what we were before as early as next season. You think we will fucking finish 9th!?

You're welcome to do that yourself. But the post I responded to said "no-one cares" about women's football. 760,000 tickets sold for an event that apparently no-one cares about blows that little theory right out of the water.

I can absolutely say 100 percent, we will no way go back to what we were before as early as next season. You think we will fucking finish 9th!?

Dave Cormack saying yesterday that 8 or 9 players will leave the club in the summer.  If we have another summer transfer window like last years, then where do you think we'll finish?

I wouldn't discount anything at this point, until we see who comes through the door....

We're being heavily linked right now with Curtis Main.  Have you see him play?  It's conceivable we could begin next season with Main & May upfront.

Lets just wait and see what the summer brings.

They've sold 760,000 tickets so far for the World Cup.

Atletico Madrid-Barcelona had a crowd of 60,000 in June.

Bilbao-Madrid had 48,000 in January.

Juventus-Fiorentina had 39,000 at it a few weeks ago.

Two weeks ago the women's FA Cup final had 43,000.

And the SFA are estimating, based on ticket sales so far, that they could have a crowd of 20,000 for the friendly with Jamaica at Hampden.

But aye, "no-one cares".

No-one cares about woman's club football in Scotland. Of course they'll shift loads for a World Cup, they give them away to schools, competition winners, corporate etc. all over the world. You seriously think Aberdeen will make any significant profit from a woman's team? You've been at the beeb so long you actually believe this right-on bullshit.

• Upvote 5

No-one cares about woman's club football in Scotland. Of course they'll shift loads for a World Cup, they give them away to schools, competition winners, corporate etc. all over the world. You seriously think Aberdeen will make any significant profit from a woman's team? You've been at the beeb so long you actually believe this right-on bullshit.

+1

Womens football is absolutely dreadful.  The product is shocking - even worse than watching the SPFL.

After this world cup, it'll go back to being completely irrelevant.

• Upvote 2

+1

Womens football is absolutely dreadful. The product is shocking - even worse than watching the SPFL.

Yep. They'll have their day in the sun, crow about doing what the men haven't managed in 20 years (quite snide imo) then be forgotten about.

No-one cares about woman's club football in Scotland.

We weren't at any point talking about club football in Scotland.

Of course they'll shift loads for a World Cup,

You see, this bit contradicts your point below.

You seriously think Aberdeen will make any significant profit from a woman's team?

You've just said that "of course" a World Cup will shift loads of tickets, acknowledging that already the women's World Cup is a pretty big global event (750 million watched the last final).

And you'll know then that even a womens World Cup will generate huge sums of money in TV deals, sponsorship, ticket sales, etc. And surely I don't have to tell you that women's advertising is a pretty lucrative business in itself.

So yeh, of course a women's World Cup will sell tickets, even if the domestic games in the participating countries don't have huge crowds.

Back to Aberdeen. I never once said Aberdeen would make a profit from Scottish women's football. I said competing in the Champions League is their goal, which is only going to grow and grow. The prize money is only going to get bigger. Companies wanting to invest in women's football is on the rise.

There's a reason why all these big clubs in Europe - Juventus, Barcelona, Man Utd, Bayern etc are all investing in their women's team, and why Celtic want to go full-time, Rangers are vowing to treble their investment and Hearts are investing a six-figure sum. It's not just to tick a box, because they've all been doing that for years already - it's because they can see a long term benefit to it and can see the potential pound signs.

I don't know how much Aberdeen are actually investing in their women's team, but I wouldn't imagine it's a lot since all they've really done is employ some coaches, provided some strips and soon will be letting them use Kingsford. It's hardly bankrupting the club and they've already netted a separate shirt sponsorship deal for the women's team which probably covers most of the outlay.

Considering what the team could generate if they happen to be any good, then yes I'd say it's a smart investment by the club.

+1

Womens football is absolutely dreadful. The product is shocking - even worse than watching the SPFL.

Can you think of any sport that has risen and risen in popularity to the point where the worldwide TV audience is closing in on one billion, that has then become "completely irrelevant" after hosting its biggest event yet?

Dave Cormack saying yesterday that 8 or 9 players will leave the club in the summer. If we have another summer transfer window like last years, then where do you think we'll finish?

I wouldn't discount anything at this point, until we see who comes through the door....

We're being heavily linked right now with Curtis Main. Have you see him play? It's conceivable we could begin next season with Main & May upfront.

Lets just wait and see what the summer brings.

We won't finish 9th.