• 2 weeks later...

• Site Sponsor

The Miracle Morning - Hal Orden.

I suppose this would come under the umbrella of Self Help Book and most of it is stuff we already know and hopefully do. Eat well, exercise, meditate, study, read, be kind to yourself and others, write in a diary, do affirmations to yourself - Then everything should just fall in to place - Hurraaaah.

This guy reckons that getting up at 0500 every day and starting the day doing these things has transformed his shit. One of my students challenged me to read it and put it in to practise, so I did. Yesterday. I woke up at 0500 ( still dark ). Alarm clock\phone on the other side of the room so I have to get up and turn it off and not be tempted to hit snooze and roll back over and go to sleep. Wake up, drink water, piss, meditate, read a few news articles, exercise for an hour, breakfast, do affirmations, listen to motivational talks on Youtube, shower then out the door for work at 0815 in one fucker of a bad mood. I could have killed every bastard I saw on the walk to the train, but once I got to work my day was pretty good man. I was pure fucked by the end of the day at 1900 and basically crashed out on the couch as soon as I got home last night. Repeated the same morning routine today and I felt really good and still do at the time of writing this - 1245pm. It's a nice feeling to have achieved a lot before your day has properly started and you have to go out and earn some coin. Your day should take care of itself.

I am gonna keep at this miracle morning stuff I reckon. It's wonderful being awake when even the birds and dogs are still sleeping and not having to run around like an arsehole doing everything at the last minute, brushing your hair with your toothbrush and putting cat biscuits in your cereal bowl and shit....

Mon.

Still doing the early morning stuff then GB1875 or jacked it in after day two?

Some of it sounds ok, but listen to motivational YouTube stuff - fuck that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Finished The God Delusion by Dawkins.  I was a bit disappointed by it.  I really wanted a vitriolic attack on religion but this just really plods along.  Probably could have been half the length.

Anyone read God is not Great?  Was going to give it a go after I've read some fiction... like the bible.

Just finished North From Winterfell, the autobiography of Hodor. 

Emotional rollercoaster of a book. One page you're laughing, the very next you'll find yourself weeping. 

Trying to get hold of the audio version right now. 

Highly recommended, would Hodor again. 10/10

51dAZvFoLZL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just finished North From Winterfell, the autobiography of Hodor.

Emotional rollercoaster of a book. One page you're laughing, the very next you'll find yourself weeping.

Trying to get hold of the audio version right now.

Highly recommended, would Hodor again. 10/10

51dAZvFoLZL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Can you summarise?

Hodor