I expect the guffs to lose by the same score they did the other day - 2-1 to Uruguay.

In this group they could still qualify by beating Costa Rica in their last game though - assuming Italy beat CR and Uruguay.

Hoping for the tallies to beat CR and take it easy against the Uruguayans.

• Upvote 1

I expect the guffs to lose by the same score they did the other day - 2-1 to Uruguay.

In this group they could still qualify by beating Costa Rica in their last game though - assuming Italy beat CR and Uruguay.

Hoping for the tallies to beat CR and take it easy against the Uruguayans.

England will win this easily. Uruguay were shocking in their last game. Apparently Suarez won't play tonight, but even if he did, it wouldn't make a difference to a flat midfield and absolutely horrendous defence. The struggled their way through their own qualifiers, and just as last night signalled an end to the Del Bosque Spain era, tonight will see the end of Oscar Tabarez' Uruguayan golden generation.

If England score early then I fear an absolute mauling. Really worried what the pace and directness of Sturridge and Sterling will do to that defence. Hopefully Woy decides to move Rooney back through the middle, because Sterling running at Lugano is not a match-up I want to see.

• Upvote 1

Don't think it will be this one sided as some as predicting, England are pretty average against South American teams in general, and being in South America, I fully expect England to not win tonight.

Uruguay as poor as they were the other night, have also recently beaten Argies and Columbia.

Find it amusing the morons on the TV saying how the weather in Sao Paolo will help England. It's the same fucking climate as Uruguay!

Yet another example of the media hindering England.

I had a rant on FB yesterday about the whole Wayne Rooney thing. They're making him a scape goat. He's playing out of position but doesn't appear to be moaning and is even getting assists but they're still hounding him in the press. That's not helping him or England. Fucking support your players FFS sake.

Here was me actually thinking the the media were getting a bit better.

I had a rant on FB yesterday about the whole Wayne Rooney thing. They're making him a scape goat. He's playing out of position but doesn't appear to be moaning and is even getting assists but they're still hounding him in the press. That's not helping him or England. Fucking support your players FFS sake.

long may it continue

Think the reason they've seemed 'a bit better' this time around is that England went into the tournament with no expectation.

After playing so well against Italy and showing some promise, the usual suspects have began to stir themselves up! If, as I expect, they record a convincing win, against a broken Uruguay side, who are a shadow of their former selves, the hype is going to reach fever pitch!

Costa Rica are an absolute rabble and England should beat them without too much trouble. By this time, there will be absolute bedlam in England. Which will make things even more enjoyable when Colombia pap them out in the round of 16.

Find it amusing the morons on the TV saying how the weather in Sao Paolo will help England. It's the same fucking climate as Uruguay!

Roy also now saying they were affected by the climate in Manaus, despite previously saying that theyhad prepared well and it would be no issue.

The reason they were affected was because Italy made them chase the ball all night. If England (Gerrard and Henderson) could keep the ball better then they may have fared better.

I hope you're not believing what the guff camp are saying SOTR? About the game against Italy being their best in years? They got the ball when they did because Italy invited them to do it. The Italians were in overwhelming control. Pirlo never ran the whole game, he jogged the match whilst in absolute command. He actually should have closed down a Nigel two passes before their equaliser, though obviously didn't think it was worth running to avoid a goal,against at that stage in the game. The guffs will get less of the ball against Uruguay, so what they do get they had better make count.

There always has to be a villain in an England World Cup.... Beckham, Rooney... This time it's got to be repeat offender Suarez for a variation on an old theme... Hat trick please, and then the tabloids with some sort of quasi racist headlines such as "Louis Not Welcome Anymore"

Not convinced he'll play. :(

Is a draw enough to see the nigels out?

Not tonight... If Italy Costa Rica draw they'll still have a chance to beat Costa Rica and knock them out... Likewise Uruguay could still beat Italy and everyone would be on 4 points... If either Italy or Costa Rica win they will have qualified 2nd place still up for grabs... I love the close margins of 3 game groups !

Out on Goal difference has a rather nice ring to it though...