Scotland Vs Kazakhstan & San Marino

If we’d won 7-8 nil yesterday then you might have put Thursday’s result down to just a horrendous day at the office but nope, we still laboured our way to narrow win against the poorest side in International football which suggests there’s an underlying problem. In his interviews Mcleish comes across as slow and insipid, devoid of any substance and it’s translated onto the pitch. No ideas, no passion, no leadership.

Of course the SFA won’t per-empt this on-coming disaster and instead allow him to steer the ship straight onto the rocks before the inevitable sacking and his successor has to salvage what he can from the wreckage. If we make the change now, we could still rescue something from this campaign, or at the very least gain some confidence going in to the playoff ties.

If we’d won 7-8 nil yesterday then you might have put Thursday’s result down to just a horrendous day at the office but nope, we still laboured our way to narrow win against the poorest side in International football which suggests there’s an underlying problem. In his interviews Mcleish comes across as slow and insipid  pished oot of his hun skull, devoid of any substance and it’s translated onto the pitch. No ideas, no passion, no leadership.

Of course the SFA won’t per-empt this on-coming disaster and instead allow him to steer the ship straight onto the rocks before the inevitable sacking and his successor has to salvage what he can from the wreckage. If we make the change now, we could still rescue something from this campaign, or at the very least gain some confidence going in to the playoff ties.

FIFY

The tartan army aren't impressed. I always found it quite interesting to see what their breaking point actually was gonna be and I think they have finally snapped.

it must have been something else, other than the shite results / performances? Maybe someone didn't stamp their passport, or they weren't allowed in the stadium with their embarrassing hats? 

The tartan army aren't impressed. I always found it quite interesting to see what their breaking point actually was gonna be and I think they have finally snapped.

They reached their breaking point years ago. That's why if you go on a Scotland trip these days, at least 80% of the support are old guys who are basically on a holiday, and the football is secondary. Scotland being crap is not going to affect their holiday plans.

They reached their breaking point years ago. That's why if you go on a Scotland trip these days, at least 80% of the support are old guys who are basically on a holiday, and the football is secondary. Scotland being crap is not going to affect their holiday plans.

This is true, my dad goes on these trips and it's largely people like him there - guys in their 60s who have retired, have a bit of disposable income and no commitments so can go on every trip as a holiday. The decision in earlier years to obsess about loyalty points when selling away tickets didn't help with that either as it basically acted as a barrier for any new/younger fans wanting to get involved in it.

Change will only happen if we get foreign leadership at the top end of our game, given licence to run riot with our entire approach to football. Turkeys simply will not vote for christmas so ain't gonna happen.

On this current squad we've got, Fergie at his peak would have a mighty struggle to get this shower to qualify for anything meaningful. Also if I was Cyprus manager I'd be looking for the worst plastic pitch in the country for a game against Scotland. With so many of our fannies calling off from these pitches it only makes sense.

"Scotland manager Alex McLeish says he's looking for a new 'Kenny Dalglish' or 'Joe Jordan' for the national team as he seeks to lift them out of the current feeling of despair."

Here I was thinking McLeish had no plan.  Should never have doubted him.

The treatment of Shinnie in the papers is fucking shite and totally undeserved. Boys like McGregor the golden boy from Celtic was horse in those two games, McGinn was rank rotten and the cunt McBurnie is awful.

Best way for Shinnie to respond is to beat Celtic in the semi in a couple weeks, play a stormer and shut those weegie pricks up.

The treatment of Shinnie in the papers is fucking shite and totally undeserved. Boys like McGregor the golden boy from Celtic was horse in those two games, McGinn was rank rotten and the cunt McBurnie is awful.

Best way for Shinnie to respond is to beat Celtic in the semi in a couple weeks, play a stormer and shut those weegie pricks up.

He's suspended unfortunately but hopefully his team mates do the job

Aye, lifting the Scottish Cup in May, would be the perfect two-fingered salute.

I think you're being unfair. There are a lot of hooray Hamish fuckwits who support Scotland but there's a lot of ordinary punters too, who have no interest in fancy dress, nor trying to befriend locals by showing how much of a "character" they are.

The vast majority are very aware of how shitely we're being run. From the top of the SFA right to the national team manager. Don't get me wrong, there were some complete wanks who had the temerity to clap the team at full-time. Unfortunately for most, a wee boo and fucking off out the ground was enough. A sustained booing, followed by abuse to every one of our team was what was required.

I think you're being unfair. There are a lot of hooray Hamish fuckwits who support Scotland but there's a lot of ordinary punters too, who have no interest in fancy dress, nor trying to befriend locals by showing how much of a "character" they are.

The vast majority are very aware of how shitely we're being run. From the top of the SFA right to the national team manager. Don't get me wrong, there were some complete wanks who had the temerity to clap the team at full-time. Unfortunately for most, a wee boo and fucking off out the ground was enough. A sustained booing, followed by abuse to every one of our team was what was required.

Keep up the good work

Don't get me wrong, it's the "hooray hamish fuckwits" (lol) that I was actually referring to. That's who I kind of always regarded as the modern 'tartan army'. I believe even a lot of them are at breaking point.

I was a travel club member for a good number of years. Never wore the uniform.

Appears he's about to get sacked.

I have a degree of sympathy for him. Strachan TWICE had a year between competitive fixtures where he had ample opportunity to freshen up the squad, bring through younger players, actually began building a team for the qualifiers. Instead he would call up Whittaker - who at the time hadn't played a top team game for 7/8 months - because "he needs the minutes". Aye right enough, that'll keep him sharp for the next qualifier in six months time.

McLeish was braver in that he called up younger guys, he was more ruthless in that he didn't pick guys who were off form or not playing. If Strachan was still boss I can guarantee Craig Gordon would be Scotland number one despite not playing for his club, Anya would have been at right back (Strachan even said afterwards on sky sports we missed Anya), Chris Martin likely would have been up front and Russell and Hanley may even have re-appeared in defence.

But, McLeish clearly didn't have the players onside. Some of his tactical decisions were baffling, and he didn't inspire much confidence.

I think we'll see the benefit of what he has done - giving debuts to lots of younger players. But needs a new manager to actually take on this new squad now.

Usually I'd be against a non-Scottish manager, but will make an exception for someone who has lived and worked here for years. Can't see Neil Lennon getting the Celtic job full-time, so maybe it's the right time for him.