AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
- - - - -

Shinnie And Mckay

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   J4MRU

J4MRU

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I was just looking at the bbc football website and noticed McKay has notched up 18 goals in 18 games.

I think Caley will be doing well if Shinnie and McKay are still up there come end of January. Shinnie has 10 in 10 and Foran has 9 in 9. Not too shabby.

Is there any other SPL players looking likely to move in January? Obviously Ryan Fraser (for peanuts either way).

#2 OFFLINE   sheepiekev

sheepiekev

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,707 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I was just looking at the bbc football website and noticed McKay has notched up 18 goals in 18 games.

I think Caley will be doing well if Shinnie and McKay are still up there come end of January. Shinnie has 10 in 10 and Foran has 9 in 9. Not too shabby.

Is there any other SPL players looking likely to move in January? Obviously Ryan Fraser (for peanuts either way).

McKay is contracted to Jun 2014 I think, so no need for Caley to sell until the summer.
Shinnie is different. If he makes it clear he'll leave in the summer at the end of his contract, I'd expect him to move to a Championship club in January

#3 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 13,136 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

McKay is contracted to Jun 2014 I think, so no need for Caley to sell until the summer.
Shinnie is different. If he makes it clear he'll leave in the summer at the end of his contract, I'd expect him to move to a Championship club in January

What a signing that lad McKay has been. Norn Iron are in a fairly good position with him and McGinn leading the line.

As for Shinnie, his boat has sailed I'm afraid. His future is in the Championship. Deserves it too, he been tremendous for Caley. Good luck to the lad - I hope he leaves at Christmas. In fact, I hope they both leave at Christmas!
"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#4 OFFLINE   J4MRU

J4MRU

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

McKay could still go though. 18 goals before Xmas, is pretty good for SPL. Someone may pay a few quid for him to get him in Jan.

#5 OFFLINE   DieHardDandy

DieHardDandy

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Joined 22-October 07

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I can see a desperate Wigan raiding Caley for these guys to bolster their resources for the great escape...They'll be the next Conor Sammons...

#6 OFFLINE   J4MRU

J4MRU

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Shinnie linked with us... Never saw that coming!!

Won't happen, England bound surely!

#7 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,282 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I don't see it happening either but I wouldnt have thought Broon/Board would have persuaded Hayes or McGinn. I'd say Shinnie being born and bred Aberdeen and if he is being offered top rate for AFC standards given he is a full Scottish International then you would have to say we stand better chance of signing him than we do signing Hayes or McGinn or probably re-signing them for that matter.

I'd be interested in Doran, Shinnie and McKay. The first two are out of contract in May and have certainly proved themselves over a few seasons whereas McKay has just found his feet this year.

Craig Bryson & Paul Coutts = the dream team

#8 OFFLINE   boboisared

boboisared

Part-timer

• Members
  • 16,066 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Shinnie linked with us... Never saw that coming!!

Won't happen, England bound surely!

I saw it coming. Lazy journalism at best as he's a Kincorth loon.

Hope there's a chance though.

:roids: The Official AFC-Chat 'Lay Off The Roids' Club - In conjunction with Tup's Corner   :roids:

• Peterheid Loon - Review never
  • Sheepish Kev - Review once he has his dream of Rangers being back in the top flight of Scottish football.
  • Tyrant - Review once he superglues a dildo to someone's car bonnet.
  • Tup - Once he apologises to Brian from Bergen for his reaction to him offering genuine advice ahead of his big date.

Folk Dayts is intolerant of

• ​Polish accordionists
  • Pro Independence folk
  • Folk trying to make other folk aware of cancer
  • Those God damn Arabs
  • Joggers who don't wear jeans
  • Shoplifters
  • Lads

#9 OFFLINE   Aberdeen_Fan

Aberdeen_Fan

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 21-September 11

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Personally I can't see it but then again I didn't think we would get Hayes and we did. So you never know what can happen in football sometimes.
NIALL MCGINN, Makes Ronaldo look shite!!

#10 OFFLINE   J4MRU

J4MRU

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I saw it coming. Lazy journalism at best as he's a Kincorth loon.

Hope there's a chance though.

Yeah I think i remember him from school, but I was a few years older.

Hope Broon goes for the kill (not litterally) and gets it done, but I don't think it will happen!

#11 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Happy if we got him in. Would make up for the loss of Fraser, so would be ok with any money made on Fraser going towards securing Shinnie :dontknow:

Would be a good way of showing that we carry on regardless of losing very good & promising players.

Good move by the club in many ways.

But we'll more than likely just re-sign Young, or Duff, or some other journey man shite.

Ding Dong

#12 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,792 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Can we offer Chris Clark as a direct swap for McKay? obviously we're losing out here as Clark is amazing at...well, he's got an ability on the football pitch that only a mother could love.

#13 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Can we offer Chris Clark as a direct swap for McKay? obviously we're losing out here as Clark is amazing at...well, he's got an ability on the football pitch that only a mother could love.

Much as I've wished they would, Carlsberg don't do Aberdeen's football transfers

Ding Dong

#14 OFFLINE   Aberdeen_Fan

Aberdeen_Fan

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 21-September 11

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Much as I've wished they would, Carlsberg don't do Aberdeen's football transfers

Hahah that would be amazing though... And they can take fallon too while they are at it

#15 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Flattered but (waiting for offer from big club) not made a decision on future yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21151306

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 22 January 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Ding Dong

#16 OFFLINE   Redstar

Redstar

Legend

• Members
  • 11,115 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Not a hope...Championship bound

#17 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 17,430 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Not a hope...Championship bound

and he's hun filth anyway.

#18 ONLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

These are player we should be going for, whether we get them or not is another thing, show a bit of ambition by trying to get them I'm happy with that.

A sad sad post-teen

#19 OFFLINE   baconman

baconman

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

These are player we should be going for, whether we get them or not is another thing, show a bit of ambition by trying to get them I'm happy with that.

Also good players in Div 1 too.
Here we have ICT who seem to have unearthed some pretty good talent over the last 2 - 3 years. I bet the ICT wage bill is significantly less than AFC too? But my point is why is it we rarely seem to pick up these players? Apart from McGinn, who will probably get sold before his contract is up, I cannot remember of any player who we got for free or a small fee, they made a significant difference and then sold them on for profit.......................................nobody!

#20 OFFLINE   McginnAgain

McginnAgain

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 01-January 13

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

and he's hun filth anyway.

No more of a Hun than Jess.

Edited by McginnAgain, 22 January 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#21 OFFLINE   Dazzler

Dazzler

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 11-April 09

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Also good players in Div 1 too.
Here we have ICT who seem to have unearthed some pretty good talent over the last 2 - 3 years. I bet the ICT wage bill is significantly less than AFC too? But my point is why is it we rarely seem to pick up these players? Apart from McGinn, who will probably get sold before his contract is up, I cannot remember of any player who we got for free or a small fee, they made a significant difference and then sold them on for profit.......................................nobody!

Lee Miller?

#22 OFFLINE   Gover

Gover

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Joined 19-July 11

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Would be brilliant news if we offered a pre-contract. At least a little bit of excitement in what has been a disappointing / dull transfer window.
Absolutely fuck all beats a night under the Pittodrie floodlights

#23 OFFLINE   Aberdeen_Fan

Aberdeen_Fan

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 21-September 11

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Be pretty surprised if Sevco weren't sniffing around Shinnie too.

Surely given the choice of championship or 3rd division. I know what I would pick. FUCK THE HUNS :lolrangers:

#24 OFFLINE   supermario

supermario

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Have on good word Shinnie will be an AFC player next season! Club have already offered him a contract...

#25 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Have on good word Shinnie will be an AFC player next season! Club have already offered him a contract...

That's got to be :fishing: /BS

Butcher has already said there's been no contact from the club & also praised Brown for his honest approach regarding the Hayes transfer & that he would always tell ICT FIRST if they were going to approach him.

I very much doubt your "good word" that anything has even been started regarding this other than the media rumours

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 23 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

Ding Dong

#26 OFFLINE   supermario

supermario

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Only time will tell!

#27 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 18,282 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

That's got to be :fishing: /BS

Butcher has already said there's been no contact from the club & also praised Brown for his honest approach regarding the Hayes transfer & that he would always tell ICT FIRST if they were going to approach him.

I very much doubt your "good word" that anything has even been started regarding this other than the media rumours

Last season we told Caley we were going to offer Hayes a contract in Mid May. I would find it hard to believe we hadn't sounded out his agent before then and worked out if he was likely to consider an offer from AFC.

Craig Bryson & Paul Coutts = the dream team

#28 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Last season we told Caley we were going to offer Hayes a contract in Mid May. I would find it hard to believe we hadn't sounded out his agent before then and worked out if he was likely to consider an offer from AFC.

We can certainly offer him a decent wage compared to ICT by offering him the wage of one of the (likely) departing Osbourne, or Milsom & I'd be very happy if we did get him but I very much doubt we'll get him.

I do not however believe that it is a done deal. Far from it cos I genuinely believe that Broon would speak to Butcher first before even any agents talks happened & I believe that was the case with Hayes also.

Broon is far to nice to allow agents to work in that way :nono:

Ding Dong

#29 OFFLINE   rgudon

rgudon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts
  • Joined 17-January 08

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

They used too, but we got Robbie Winters in return.

Unemployment Rocks!

#30 OFFLINE   Foster14

Foster14

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,687 posts
  • Joined 09-January 08

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

We can certainly offer him a decent wage compared to ICT by offering him the wage of one of the (likely) departing Osbourne, or Milsom & I'd be very happy if we did get him but I very much doubt we'll get him.

I do not however believe that it is a done deal. Far from it cos I genuinely believe that Broon would speak to Butcher first before even any agents talks happened & I believe that was the case with Hayes also.

Broon is far to nice to allow agents to work in that way :nono:

If this were going ahead, I'd be surprised if it was Brown doing the approach.

Why would the board allow Brown to get any players in on pre-contracts, if we have yet to sit down with him and discuss any extension to his deal?
Ding dong, normal guy in the house!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users