AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
- - - - -

Aberdeen Vs Dundee

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 4,045 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yes the game was pretty painful to watch and the pitch is a shambles but I cannot believe why so many booed at the final whistle. We won for fuck sake!! I think too many still had the real v man u game in their mind?! This is the SPL. It will never achieve those heights especially with the class of players we have playing on a pitch like that. The only player who looked a class above everyone else was Mcginn and being our best player he wont be around for much longer. I think some AFC fans need a reality check. Support the team, yes grumble at stupid substitutions but dont boo the team at the final whistle. Hardly endears the players to the fans nor instills confidence and right now we need this to make top 6.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Nope.

The Real v Man Utd match didn't even come into my head in any sort of comparison.

It's not too much to expect Brown to get the team to play attacking football at home against a team doomed to relegation and to stop his negative tactics with his ridiculous substitutions.

I will always support the team.

For the record, I didn't boo and haven't done.

That, however, doesn't mean that I didn't voice my displeasure at Brown for his negative tactics nor does it mean we should have to pay good money to watch the crap that's on display.

Endears the players to the fans?

Should they not be earning the money which the fans are effectively paying?

Yes we won but are you happy with zero entertainment in securing those points?

I, for one, am not
What goes around, comes around

#242 OFFLINE   K-9

K-9

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,788 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Nope.

The Real v Man Utd match didn't even come into my head in any sort of comparison.

It's not too much to expect Brown to get the team to play attacking football at home against a team doomed to relegation and to stop his negative tactics with his ridiculous substitutions.

That, however, doesn't mean that I didn't voice my displeasure at Brown for his negative tactics nor does it mean we should have to pay good money to watch the crap that's on display.

I, for one, am not

Could playing some attacking, entertaining football have us in any worse a position than we are now.

Performances like that will attract boos win or lose just like great performances will lead to applause at end even when don't win.

#243 OFFLINE   Bamber

Bamber

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,097 posts
  • Joined 11-December 06

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I never really took to McGhee but I did like one thing I heard and that was when he arrived he looked at the teams in the SPL and said "whats the worst that could happen? we dont make top six - what ever else happens we wont get relegated"

Argueably that thinking has got mtherwell to where they are today - 2nd in the league and four or so seaons of success. ONe of the reasons we did so well earlier on was we had that in our play a freedom to express that has gone

I'll keep arguing it as well - what will change football for the better is removing a point for a nil nil draw - will improve football like no other event and will encourage attacking football

no more will an away team (or even a home one) see 0-0 as a victory of sorts

#244 OFFLINE   Aberdeen_Fan

Aberdeen_Fan

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 21-September 11

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

We played fucking shite!! Surprised we won the game against a very poor team. I still think we will finish in the bottom 6
NIALL MCGINN, Makes Ronaldo look shite!!

#245 OFFLINE   Roberto

Roberto

Deleted Mon Account

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

It buys time for Brown.

He won't be out before the end of the season.

3 points.

Poor performance.

Not long until May...the countdown is on.

"Maybe I will never be all the things that I want to be

But now is not the time to cry now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see you and I, WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER"

#246 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,792 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

I was embarrassed for Big Josh when he come onto the park to a chorus of boo's.

#247 OFFLINE   ollie1903

ollie1903

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,718 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I was embarrassed for Big Josh when he come onto the park to a chorus of boo's.

I feel sorry for the lad. For as poor a player he is he does not deserve the treatment he is getting from the manager. His head must be up his arse.

On the other hand, somebody with the "talent" of Magennis must wake up every morning thinking "how in the fuck did I get this professional footballer gig"

#248 OFFLINE   Stoney

Stoney

Chairman

• Members
  • 40,186 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

You lot are lacking perspective and rational.

We are showing MASSIVE signs of improvement.
2008 Fisherman of the year
2011 Negative poster of the year
2012 Lifetime Achievement award
3_stars.jpg

I'd like to point out that Stoney seems to be a decent bloke.
I met him at Tynecastle last season and he seemed spot on to me.
So I'd lay off the abuse to him lads.

#249 OFFLINE   baconman

baconman

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I booed the substitutions made by Brown, like most others did, given they were a fucking farce. I did not clap the team off the park because that was one of the poorest, if not the poorest, performance I have seen so far this season.

The paying customer will want to have their feelings heard, and sometimes booing is one of few ways to do so.

Agree the subs were negative. I was surprised Vernon didnt get subbed he added nothing to the game. I also dont think Magennis coming on was intended?

Yes 23 quid to watch that is a farce. Fri night fitba should be incentivised perhaps 15 quid for adults and kids for free. The pitch is a shambles and I dont think any team would look good on that surface nor would any players risk throwing themselves around the pitch in fear of injury. I dont agree with the booing. Its counterproductive. The players know they didnt play well. Booing when they've won is just pointless.

#250 OFFLINE   baconman

baconman

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Nope.

I, for one, am not

The entertainment value hasnt been here for years. The pitch is fucked, we have one, maybe two decent players, the rest are mediocre SPL tosh and the opposition were as bad if not worse. I would have liked to see AFC drop the prices for this game but they didnt. I also think one or two of the substitutions were forced due niggles or dead legs etc so perhaps he had no option. Yes i am happy we secured the points. Not particularly happy the game was shite as I could have spent 23 quid in the boozer instead but a win is a win and right now we need all the points we can get. I dont care if we have one shot on goal all game as long as we win and ensure euro fitba for next season thats good enough for me. Its not like there is much left to play for now. Booing the players when they know as well as us they were shite is not going to help. I think too many AFC fans are unrealistic expecting free flowing one touch fitba which is never going to happen on a tatty field with crap players.

#251 OFFLINE   ollie1903

ollie1903

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,718 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I also think one or two of the substitutions were forced due niggles or dead legs etc so perhaps he had no option.

Nope. The boos were aimed at Brown for ridiculously substituting Shaughnessy and putting Magennis directly into the RB slot, like for like, if you like. When trying to excuse himself he said Shaughnessy had a dead leg all week and barely made the starting line up. He therefore should not have been playing at all. He then tried to appease us some more by saying he didn't have anymore options. When pointed out that Jack was on the bench he said that he wasn't quite ready. Again, should not have been in the squad if not ready to play.
I didn't boo, but totally understand, and defend, anyone who did.

#252 OFFLINE   fatshaft

fatshaft

Deceased 6th may 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,133 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Yes the game was pretty painful to watch and the pitch is a shambles but I cannot believe why so many booed at the final whistle. We won for fuck sake!! I think too many still had the real v man u game in their mind?! This is the SPL. It will never achieve those heights especially with the class of players we have playing on a pitch like that. The only player who looked a class above everyone else was Mcginn and being our best player he wont be around for much longer. I think some AFC fans need a reality check. Support the team, yes grumble at stupid substitutions but dont boo the team at the final whistle. Hardly endears the players to the fans nor instills confidence and right now we need this to make top 6.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Jesus fuck min - apologies for the very late reply to the match thread - but what a hillock o' pish.

Unusually for me I watched the Champions-and-a-few-places-below-that match last week, and thought (as did anyone I've spoken to) it was an abortion of a match, so much so I said to mone of my mates if Dons v Dee was worse I would streak across the pitch. Luckily I have no integrity whatsoever, so ducked out of that.

The SPL is what it is, exciting at times, not at others, just like the over-hyped Champions-and-a-few-places-below-that and the Guff PL. We've had plenty of excitement earlier in the season, equally we've suffered some right turgid rubbish. friday was one of the latter, if not the worst to date, rarely have I found a game more dull, and that was largely down to the pap of a manager who is almost guaranteeing the non-renewal of his contract with his appalling selections and tactics.

To blame fans disgruntlment on man Utd v Real is one of the most ridiculous things I think I have read on here, and with some of the balloons who post on here, that's quite an achievement.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#253 OFFLINE   fatshaft

fatshaft

Deceased 6th may 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,133 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

The entertainment value hasnt been here for years. The pitch is fucked, we have one, maybe two decent players, the rest are mediocre SPL tosh and the opposition were as bad if not worse. I would have liked to see AFC drop the prices for this game but they didnt. I also think one or two of the substitutions were forced due niggles or dead legs etc so perhaps he had no option. Yes i am happy we secured the points. Not particularly happy the game was shite as I could have spent 23 quid in the boozer instead but a win is a win and right now we need all the points we can get. I dont care if we have one shot on goal all game as long as we win and ensure euro fitba for next season thats good enough for me. Its not like there is much left to play for now. Booing the players when they know as well as us they were shite is not going to help. I think too many AFC fans are unrealistic expecting free flowing one touch fitba which is never going to happen on a tatty field with crap players.

It was Broon who was being boo-ed.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users