Peter Pawlett - Diver Extraordinaire.

Peter Pawlett has been shown to be a serial diver and a cheat with his attempts to get a penalty for the teams he's played for.

Sportscene showed a reel of his numerous attempts at diving to gain an advantage.

His diving technique isn't really that good tbh, and frankly it's embarrassing.

Yes we benefited today and got a pen, from which we scored, so everyone's happy.

Right??

Do we find his actions acceptable and a part of the modern game or should he be chastised like he was in Sportscene earlier?

Does McInnes need to have a word with him to cut it out?

Or if he's going to continue to do it, does he need to learn to be cleverer?

I'm not sure where I stand tbh.

I'm glad we got the pen, and thought it was a dive at the time and was proved correct.

But do we want our players cheating like this?

He'll end up getting a reputation and after it being highlighted tonight on tv, he might not get awarded legitimate pens.

Discuss.

Fuck it, it's part of the modern game and EVERY team does it... maybe they would have a longer show if they showed a highlight reel of clubs like Celtic and Sevco 5088 cheating. As far as cheating goes we're far from the worst... and to fuck with allowing other teams to cheat while we try to 'play within the rules'... that would be fucking asinine.

Everyone cheats, and so should we.

On the day every other team stops cheating then so should we.

Pawlett is highlighted because he wears a red shirt, and for no other reason.

Fuck everyone but Aberdeen, that's my opinion.

• Upvote 8
  • Site Sponsor

Peter Pawlett has been shown to be a serial diver and a cheat with his attempts to get a penalty for the teams he's played for.

Sportscene showed a reel of his numerous attempts at diving to gain an advantage.

Yes we benefited today and got a pen, from which we scored, so everyone's happy.

Right??

Do we find his actions acceptable and a part of the modern game or should he be chastised like he was in Sportscene earlier?

I'm glad we got the pen, and thought it was a dive at the time and was proved correct.

He'll end up getting a reputation and after it being highlighted tonight on tv, he might not get awarded legitimate pens.

Discuss.

Wasn't at the game but watched it on TV.

It's embarrassing watching the footage especially when they showed his previous dives.

Needs to cut it out or Refs are going to take the view he's at it every time he goes down whether fouled or not.

If I were McInnes I'd be having a word and telling him to stop it.

Right??

Discuss.

He's a cheat.

Pure and simple.

Aside from his cheating, he's someone we should look to ship out.

Difficult given he's contracted for another year.

He's usually injured

He's not good enough

...and now he's a proven cheat.

Get rid if we can.

• Upvote 1

Fuck it, it's part of the modern game and EVERY team does it... maybe they would have a longer show if they showed a highlight reel of clubs like Celtic and Sevco 5088 cheating. As far as cheating goes we're far from the worst... and to fuck with allowing other teams to cheat while we try to 'play within the rules'... that would be fucking asinine.

Same opinion as you

• Upvote 1

Would we be crucifying Niall McGinn if he was doing what Pawlett has been doing?

I think he'd get cut some slack.

Pawlett has flattered to deceive and had numerous injury problems, so things like this aren't tolerated of him.

I've a foot in both camps I think.

Agree with kelt to an extent, but also think Pawlett will draw some unwanted attention our way.

He's a cheat.

Pure and simple.

He's usually injured

He's not good enough

Get rid if we can.

Fit happened to the loon? Mind when he just broke through, he was fucking immense, a roar built up when he got the ball. Take it he's suffered major decay in his game since then, as do about 95% of our "promising youngsters".

If that's the case then the coaching staff have failed him. Simple as.

This not the first away league pen we've scored since 19 oatcake? And just 2 missed in that time? Think today's pen might have made up for some that weren't given...

He needs to wisen up though, he'll be getting another two match ban for this at a time everyone is playing for a part in the new manager's plans. It won't help. It is about all he has successfully done for Aberdeen in recent times.

Fit happened to the loon? Mind when he just broke through, he was fucking immense, a roar built up when he got the ball. Take it he's suffered major decay in his game since then, as do about 95% of our "promising youngsters".

I remember a game against the huns at Pittodrie about 4 years ago when Pawlett tore Papac a new arsehole (before fittingly limping off after 65 minutes)

Right then I thought we had a great prospect.

He's regressed massively in that time.

• Upvote 2

I posted almost word for word this on another thread, part of the modern game, nothing to see here.

• Downvote 1

I've said this before as well, when he came onto the scene he looked immense, why he's went backwards is a mystery. Maybe a confidence player and it's been knocked out of him, you don't lose natural talent.

• Downvote 1

He needs to stop that shite now.

Won a pen against Hibs & now Dundee for blatant dives.

I'm ok with a one off but he's turning into a cheating little prick & I don't want that type in an Aberdeen shirt.

Call me old fashioned but I want honest but hard players in the side. Players that will graft for each other & give 100% all the time & respect the club.

Cut diving out & leave that to weegies & foreigners (one in the same really though I suppose)

just how it goes, mcginn booked twice v killie for diving, though both stonewall pens, and highlighted by the press as such . pawllett dives ( could be the difference of 70k to us as a result) we get a point - a team , that, to me, had no more right to be in the league than dunfermline was not relegated because of one dive ! and it gives " howling at the moon " a bitter taste . sits fine with me .As an aside i was amazed to learn inverness have had 14 penalties this season

Part of me didn't like the vibe given by our team today, cheating to win a penalty and the almost nastiness of McGinn's celebration. Another part of me loved it, the meaner we are the better. Teams have cheated against us so why not? Then again it's just not right. I'm genuinely torn.

Pawlett's dive is certainly embarrassing and not sure how it will be dealt with. Surely once Del has another look at it he'll realise it was simulation and there was little to zero contact. As a result, he'll probably need to be dealt with.

I still find it hilarious that we put Bomber Bawbag down in such a way though. :lolrangers:

• Upvote 1

I'm ok with a one off but he's turning into a cheating little prick & I don't want that type in an Aberdeen shirt.

Call me old fashioned but I want honest but hard players in the side. Players that will graft for each other & give 100% all the time & respect the club.

Cut diving out & leave that to weegies & foreigners (one in the same really though I suppose)

I disagree. As others have said, diving is part of football and it always will be. It's something most of us have come to expect.

Having said that, Pawletts dive was absolutely ridiculous - it was a two-footed dive, as though he'd just launched himself off the top board at the Bon Accord baths! One of the worst I've ever seen. I don't know what he was thinking about? It was like something out of a spoof comedy movie.

Astonishing that the referee was conned - He should be degraded down to the amateurs for that!

I disagree. As others have said, diving is part of football and it always will be. It's something most of us have come to expect.

Having said that, Pawletts dive was absolutely ridiculous - it was a two-footed dive, as though he'd just launched himself off the top board at the Bon Accord baths! One of the worst I've ever seen. I don't know what he was thinking about? It was like something out of a spoof comedy movie.

Astonishing that the referee was conned - He should be degraded down to the amateurs for that!

i am firmly in the It's embarrassing camp and he needs to cut it out. It will be self-defeating: either he will dive again and the ref will book him and he will get another 2 game ban or he will be fouled and the ref will think Pawlett he is a diver and we will not get a penalty. Plus it's scummy and I would rather we win games legitimately by playing good football. The argument of everyone does it does not really hold up either. Every team does not do it, certain players have a habit of doing it and are ridiculed as a result. Is that how we want our team to be thought of? as a bunch of cheats? I certainly do not.

It will cost us legitimate penalties - there are teams that will always get that benefit when a player falls over by himself in the box - we are not one of those teams- Sally McMoist fell over if looked at angrily by Eck and got pens - we still beat them fair and square - much better feeling. So we cheated a pen against Dundee - aren't we Billy bigbaws now!

Refs will happily wave away legitimate penalties because we are seen as cheating divers. This is not a victory and some posters are long enough in the tooth to know better - don't worry MT you're a special case.

You can be hard and mean without being stupid and a cheat.

i am firmly in the It's embarrassing camp and he needs to cut it out. It will be self-defeating: either he will dive again and the ref will book him and he will get another 2 game ban or he will be fouled and the ref will think Pawlett he is a diver and we will not get a penalty. Plus it's scummy and I would rather we win games legitimately by playing good football. The argument of everyone does it does not really hold up either. Every team does not do it, certain players have a habit of doing it and are ridiculed as a result. Is that how we want our team to be thought of? as a bunch of cheats? I certainly do not.

It will cost us legitimate penalties - there are teams that will always get that benefit when a player falls over by himself in the box - we are not one of those teams- Sally McMoist fell over if looked at angrily by Eck and got pens - we still beat them fair and square - much better feeling. So we cheated a pen against Dundee - aren't we Billy bigbaws now!

Refs will happily wave away legitimate penalties because we are seen as cheating divers. This is not a victory and some posters are long enough in the tooth to know better - don't worry MT you're a special case.

You can be hard and mean without being stupid and a cheat.

All of the above. Others cheat so so should we? Bollocks. Defo from the Cloughie school of thought, win and win fairly. plus as said above, it's hard enough for the Dons to get decisions as it is, this will just make it all the harder.

I posted almost word for word this on another thread, part of the modern game, nothing to see here.

Which is a large part of the reason the "modern game" is so shite. Still, a bit beyond your ability to grasp I imagine. Nothing to see here^^^^^^

He's a cheat.

Pure and simple.

He's usually injured

He's not good enough

Get rid if we can.

Agree mate. No other way to describe him sadly