Lewis Ferguson

Compensation issue aside, how's this lad looked in pre season games so far? Potential to see a good amount of playing time this season maybe? He attack minded, box to box, drifts wide or what?

Whatever we are made to pay will still be good value I would predict and he will play a lot of games for us. For a player so young he has got a big physique so wont be knocked around like may youngsters do, good on the ball, 2 footed, strong tackler and loves to have a shot. He could play anywhere in midfield area (sitting, box to box, or just behind striker) so will be interested to see where Derek decides to deploy him.

Don't think we should be hanging about because of the potential fee for Ferguson. They'll have done estimates on what it's likely to be. Surely no more than about £200k, the fee Hamilton are asking for is presumably them trying to scare us into agreeing to pay more than we'll end up paying in a tribunal. Gotta just suck it up when it comes. Don't want to waste all summer waiting for an answer on it before pursuing other targets. Take an estimated £200k or whatever from the budget and get the rest of our business done. If we end up paying more then deal with that when it comes, hopefully a cup run will bridge the gap.

As for Ferguson going straight in, the way injuries are going so far we may have no choice but could be a blessing if he hits the ground running. Also keen to see more of Campbell as somebody has mentioned above. Looked very confident when he came on against Celtic last season and slotted straight in. If these two lads can help occupy the centre of midfield positions then we could see Shinnie at left back more often which I've always thought was his best position and gives us more going forward up that side than Considine

Whatever we are made to pay will still be good value I would predict and he will play a lot of games for us. For a player so young he has got a big physique so wont be knocked around like may youngsters do, good on the ball, 2 footed, strong tackler and loves to have a shot. He could play anywhere in midfield area (sitting, box to box, or just behind striker) so will be interested to see where Derek decides to deploy him.

Right back

When is this tribunal? I get the feeling we're stalling on new signings because we're waiting to see how much we'll need to pay for Ferguson. If we get hit with anywhere near 900k then bang goes any hope of signing two new players.

If it goes to tribunal it won't be resolved in this transfer window.

Everyone was probably too scared to upset Nutjob McKinnon.

Would you put Shinnie and Logan wide of a 2 in Devlin and McKenna or squeeze in Hoban as well?

Not sure on that one, we kinda went that formation last 20 mins last night and got over run in midfield

Shinnie seems to be getting some unfair stick for last night. I thought the midfield 3 were brilliant in the first half. Shinnie should have passed to GMS rather than shooting on his right but that's nitpicking.

Yup. That and GMS failing to play in McGinn in the 2nd half are two great chances we cocked up. However, it should give the team belief that they can make chances next week.

The maximum Hamilton are expecting is 325K. They seem to think they have a pretty good solid case to get that amount. Aberdeen only offer 100k and haven't offered anymore since. Would expect it to maybe end up around 250k.

200-300k sounds about right based on other tribunal fees for young players.

You'd think we got him on a 3 year deal at least - a deal shorter than that when we need to pay a fee makes no sense.

Shinnie seems to be getting some unfair stick for last night. I thought the midfield 3 were brilliant in the first half. Shinnie should have passed to GMS rather than shooting on his right but that's nitpicking.

Sure it was Cosgrove that was the pass, and his movement wasn't great to open up space for him or Shinnie. Still would have been better placed passing it rather than taking on the shot with his right foot.