Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Sam Cosgrove

10 goals in 15 when he is our main striker who is on pens, is good

Its not brilliant and he has slipped recently

That's all I'm saying

Taking penalties or not it’s a great return.

Better than Rooney’s average & he was for the most part on a goal every other game until his final season where his average went to shit.

Cosgrove & Morelos are pretty much like for like when all things considered

You can pretty much even them out with regards Sam taking penalties to the fact that Morelos gets far more chances presented to him to score from open play. More in general attack & from set pieces etc.

Domestically they are both on 13 goals each 19 games

Sam on 10 from 17 league games

Morelos on 11 from 16

Sam on 3 from 2 LC games

Morelos on 2 from 3

Both are on 1 goal per game average from Europa.

Sam was on 6 for 6 in qualifying

Morelos was on 8 for 8 in qualifying

Then added another 6 for 6 games in Europa league, so his extra 8 goals have come from playing an extra 8 games.

You can argue lots of finer petty points for or against each player but their stats as far as goals scored go are like for like.

Would like to know their other stats if anyone can find them. As looking at them like for like on basic goal stats, there is nothing to say Morelos is worth ten times the value of Cosgrove like our wonderfully biased media would try & have all believe

Sam’s six months younger & isn’t a fugly cunt too, so that must add value or at least cancel out the Morelos advantage of perceived added value given to ‘foreign’ or ‘athletic’ players ;)

If anything the striker playing for the team with the lower budget should be getting more praise than he is.

But the Europa League goals are the difference here. 6 in 6 is a good return, hun cunt or not.

If anything the striker playing for the team with the lower budget should be getting more praise than he is.

But the Europa League goals are the difference here. 6 in 6 is a good return, hun cunt or not.

Sam has same return in qualifying though, goal per game.

If I was looking to spend money on a striker & had option of £40m for one & £4m for the other. Damn sure I would take the punt on the cheaper one with similar stats. ;)

Sevco have score 47 in league

Aberdeen have scored 26

Morelos 11

Sam 10

Sam’s the man ;)

Sam has same return in qualifying though, goal per game.

If I was looking to spend money on a striker & had option of £40m for one & £4m for the other. Damn sure I would take the punt on the cheaper one with similar stats. ;)

Sevco have score 47 in league

Aberdeen have scored 26

Morelos 11

Sam 10

Sam’s the man ;)

Qualifying is one thing. The Europa League is a higher level up.

It's one thing doing it, it's another thing saying someone might have been able to do it.

Fact of the matter is that the horrible cunt has delivered at that level and that will understandably attract more attention than goals in qualifying.

Lol

Youre not comparing the teams cosgrove scored against (and missed a shit load against) to morelos in the group stages, are you?

Qualifying is one thing. The Europa League is a higher level up.

It's one thing doing it, it's another thing saying someone might have been able to do it.

Fact of the matter is that the horrible cunt has delivered at that level and that will understandably attract more attention than goals in qualifying.

They have EXACTLY the same return/record in qualifying against said shite teams

They also have exactly the same return against same teams domestically, so by direct comparison they are like for like

Good deal for us & Sam in January could be a Kenny McLean type deal we got from Norwich.

Club buys him for decent fee plus clauses then loans him back to us for rest of season, not leaving us in shit & giving manager time to find a replacement.

We continue paying the same amount & new club pays top up

Why are you so keen to sell him?

Would it not be better for the team if he stays another season?

I’m not but we will sell him.

No danger are we going to hold onto a potentially multimillion pound transfer we got for £20k

Just not going to happen. He will not be an Aberdeen player next season.

IMO

Aye, I spose.

I'm hoping McKenna goes first and Cosgrove stays for another year.

But the way things are going it might be the other way around!

Aye, I spose.

I'm hoping McKenna goes first and Cosgrove stays for another year.

But the way things are going it might be the other way around!

Agreed

But I think best we can hope for is McKenna gone in Jan & Cosgrove in summer. As I think both will be gone in summer regardless.

Really cannot see us holding onto Sam past summer, so would jump at any big cash offer in Jan (if we can loan him until seasons end)

McKenna will go for £3-£4m as we missed chance with him & he has (possibly deliberately) let his value drop

You on drugs? Hes shite. He wasnt worth that when he fleetingly showed promise and he 100% will not go for anything like that now. At best, someone with loads of cash might throw a million at us if we’re really lucky. Id be chuffed with that tbh.

Run down his contract will be most likely as we will not accept £1m regardless of how desperate he wants away after refusing so much more.

I think we will get around 3-4 m quid in all honesty. Some of which may be linked to appearance add ones etc. to sweeten the deal £1m up front maybe

I think we'll receive 5-6 million for McKenna. He's continually being picked for the national side by Clarke which only helps his valuation increase. He's a good player and who is still young. He's been a good player for us. 

Cosgrove will probably go for 4-6 million. Kenny Miller believes he's worth more then McKenna and that we should be looking for 6 million of more.