Tour De France

Aye, Indurain was some kiddie like.

A massive bloke for a cyclist.

I first paid attention to the tour when Robert Millar was doing his stuff.

I was in Belgium when it was on and folk kept telling me about how well he was doing after they found out I was Scottish.

I watched the whole tour the following year when he won King of the Mountains.

Great event , tough tough competitors.

Cavendish turns up and wins a few stages.......woohooo, then announces he's had enough and pulls out for a rest before the Olympics, I imagine he has no intention of winning a gold, will leave that to the soulless little twerp, whats the point??

And what happened to Wiggins? is he in fritzels cellar??

Cavendish turns up and wins a few stages.......woohooo, then announces he's had enough and pulls out for a rest before the Olympics, I imagine he has no intention of winning a gold, will leave that to the soulless little twerp, whats the point??

And what happened to Wiggins? is he in fritzels cellar??

Wiggins doesn't road race anymore. Retired from road racing in 2015.

Yes it has.

Really?

I'll take your word for it but I'm surprised it takes in more than the champions league which must generate circa 10m viewers for the final in the UK alone.

They're not like for like and the Tour is a great event. I enjoy the scenery if nothing else.

But it's an on trend fashion at the moment, very much has caught the zeitgeist, in part due to Armstrongs drug induced feats.

But it'll never be the third biggest event bollox, it's a minority sport IMO.

Really?

I'll take your word for it but I'm surprised it takes in more than the champions league which must generate circa 10m viewers for the final in the UK alone.

They're not like for like and the Tour is a great event. I enjoy the scenery if nothing else.

But it's an on trend fashion at the moment, very much has caught the zeitgeist, in part due to Armstrongs drug induced feats.

It's clearly not a minority sport if it's the third most watched viewed sporting event in the world.

Really?

Worldwide viewing figures of 3.9 Billion in 2015 and expecting to have 4.0 billion this year.

Really?

There's a difference between viewers and spectators.