Atmosphere

The obvious lack of atmosphere this season must surely be down to our style of football, it's been awful to watch.

Limassol, Dundee Utd and Hibs are the only games I recall having a half decent atmosphere and they were down to the away fans doing their bit in 2 of them.

Apart from the drop in our general quality of play, there's a lack of energy and fight that's become apparent this season. It all looks stale and laboured these days.

Fans rarely roared at Jonny Hayes(apart from "the shit pass" in the SCF last season) no matter how bad a game he was having because you could see he was giving it 100% all the time. Similar can be said of Shinnie. We lack players of that mentality.

All football atmosphere died in this country post Taylor report and Sky money.

Now all about silent, affluent consumers.

Any adult standing up and starting a song in an all seater stadium now looks fucking unhinged.

Our young team have permission for a singing section next year:

No flags

No flares

No swearing

No being drunk

No non PC or unsavoury stuff

No standing

At furthest point from away fans

Will be most heavily stewarded and CCTVed part of home end

On you go boys, enjoy yourselves.

Simply a club ploy to try and group and manage young lads into Hearts 2.0 under Budge. Balloons, hot dogs and face painting before you know it.

• Upvote 4

If people want to create an atmosphere, they can. Plenty of other clubs manage it. Hibs, Celtic and Motherwell are all able to create an atmosphere, so moaning that you're not allowed to drink, stand or wear a mankini doesn't cut it.

English football is about as stale as is possible, yet look at Anfield on a European night. When there's a will, there's a way.

The shite atmosphere at Pittodrie is down to the majority of the support being miserable cunts, and no organised group - or at least the organised group we did have last season being shit. The stadium dynamics also have a large part to play.

As for the singing sections at Pittodrie - I think those behind it made a mistake by constantly moving about. Went from RDU centre, to section Y, then RDU corner, then Section X, Section Y then the corner of the Merkland. I get they wanted the whole of the Merkland but was never going to happen until they could justify the numbers. Should have stayed in the RDU and tried to build their numbers there - when I had a season ticket there we were adjacent to the Red Ultras and it was always a decent atmosphere, especially for big games.

The new stadium is a chance to fix it. Standing section, pre-match fanzone, and the club should be at the forefront of pushing for being allowed to serve alcohol at games.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

If people want to create an atmosphere, they can. Plenty of other clubs manage it. Hibs, Celtic and Motherwell are all able to create an atmosphere, so moaning that you're not allowed to drink, stand or wear a mankini doesn't cut it.

English football is about as stale as is possible, yet look at Anfield on a European night. When there's a will, there's a way.

The shite atmosphere at Pittodrie is down to the majority of the support being miserable cunts, and no organised group - or at least the organised group we did have last season being shit. The stadium dynamics also have a large part to play.

As for the singing sections at Pittodrie - I think those behind it made a mistake by constantly moving about. Went from RDU centre, to section Y, then RDU corner, then Section X, Section Y then the corner of the Merkland. I get they wanted the whole of the Merkland but was never going to happen until they could justify the numbers. Should have stayed in the RDU and tried to build their numbers there - when I had a season ticket there we were adjacent to the Red Ultras and it was always a decent atmosphere, especially for big games.

The new stadium is a chance to fix it. Standing section, pre-match fanzone, and the club should be at the forefront of pushing for being allowed to serve alcohol at games.

We'll still be miserable cunts though.

A controversial opinion here but I think that the atmosphere at football grounds matters not one iota towards team performances.

Years ago if local men turned out for their local team then I'm sure that local based chants etc would be motivating and stirring but now, I strongly doubt it.

Doubt Neymar gives a fuck what some froggy cunts are singing at him

and I doubt cunts like AOC said to their agent before signing a contract; 'So eh, how good is the home support like?' as if it would decide their choice for them.

Turn up drunk and you will be turned away.

Fuck off you cunts. The day the pigs let small birds and weak homos into the force was when they had to push rules like this forward cause there is no way Kenneth and Lucy, double winning chess club champions are being able to control the Rock n Roll Hillbillies once the South Stand Spritzers and Peruvian Pow Wows take hold.

Peruvian pow wow, hahaha

Guest the shepherd

You're right ere (Re: miserable cunts quote), Panda. When I never missed a game at home (as well as away and on the continent (Ukraine?)) whilst the general atmosphere was cheery enough, there was always some bastard who thought he was smarter than you when he would have a personal dig at you for something you had said. The boy I called the 'Chris Maguire fan club' was incessant fae the first minute to the last, purely because he had a beef with him, rather than his performance on the day. Maybe the boy is on here, he was quite funny though, whilst other folk were pure venomous. What's the point of going to a game to set deliberately to be a miserable bastard?

One of the best away days I remember was Mark McGhee's last game (thank fuck) at Kilmarnock when 150 Aberdeen diehards made the trip. If a small group can make an effort.....

^you are forgetting that generally, Aberdonians are a miserable bunch.

Few k extra miserable hoors winna solve the problem

Yeah mate, need to get some sort of singing section going. If we want to be a big club we have to act like on - the four big boys all have signing sections (Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs). I've heard that the Hearts one is starting next season from a mate who lives down in the capital.

• Downvote 3

Yeah mate, need to get some sort of singing section going. If we want to be a big club we have to act like on - the four big boys all have signing sections (Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs). I've heard that the Hearts one is starting next season from a mate who lives down in the capital.

If I were a grass, I would get @@Bebo to sort this troll oot

But I'm not

So welcome

LFDO

You're right ere (Re: miserable cunts quote), Panda. When I never missed a game at home (as well as away and on the continent (Ukraine?)) whilst the general atmosphere was cheery enough, there was always some bastard who thought he was smarter than you when he would have a personal dig at you for something you had said. The boy I called the 'Chris Maguire fan club' was incessant fae the first minute to the last, purely because he had a beef with him, rather than his performance on the day. Maybe the boy is on here, he was quite funny though, whilst other folk were pure venomous. What's the point of going to a game to set deliberately to be a miserable bastard?

One of the best away days I remember was Mark McGhee's last game (thank fuck) at Kilmarnock when 150 Aberdeen diehards made the trip. If a small group can make an effort.....

And you remember what I said to you walking out Rugby Park that day?

The Inverness away when we won 0-2 but didn't have a shot on target and ended up back in the Broch was my favourite. We were hammered.

• Site Sponsor

Ok, I'll bite.

"Four big boys" my hairy arse.

Fuck off