Sevco Thread

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Funny the things in “the journey“ you Remember.  Was it Alloa that were about to dump them out of the cup when they were shite and the ref allowed the Israeli long haired muppet to do a Michael Watt on the keeper in the last minute?

Albion Rovers.

At the Bastard Garden.

John Beaton was referee (Co-incidentally he who drinks in a SEVCO supporters pub in Bellshill). 

14 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Not in any way absolving oldco of anything other than being utter cunts and absolutely deserving of the administration rapidly becoming liquidation. But wasn't part of the agreement allowing sevco to get a licence from the SFA was they had to agree to take over all footballing debts owed by deadco. Can't say I remember over what timescale they had to pay them back by....but Dunfermline would have got that money at some point from sevco. Something also tells me that Hearts were entitled to take Wallace back at the point oldco were liquidated but chose to let him register with sevco and actually agreed to take a lower sum than the £700k they were due 

Newco had to pay oldco's football debt before getting admitted to the lower leagues however the £80k that DUFC got was probably too late in the day to save them from relegation.

3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Funny the things in “the journey“ you Remember.  Was it Alloa that were about to dump them out of the cup when they were shite and the ref allowed the Israeli long haired muppet to do a Michael Watt on the keeper in the last minute?

Jar Jar Binks v Albion Rovers.

54 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Brechin have also been very quiet about the very first Sevco game.  Does anyone have a programme from it for instance?  Or a team sheet?

Now that would be something.

30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

When they were officially referred to as "The Rangers" (and legally still are)...

No, they were actually 'Sevco Scotland' for their first game.

"Rangers will be relaunched against Brechin on Sunday after Sevco Scotland were granted conditional membership of the Scottish Football Association."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Fae follow follow, re fkn halliday going to hearts...

It speaks volumes that no SPL team went in for him and he’s dropping down to the championship

To think some people genuinely thought he should’ve been kept as a squad player

We don't know that, plus it's very likely only Aberdeen and Hibs would have been able to afford him. Not good enough for us, but more than good enough for the rest.

?? imagine if mcinnes signed him??!! 

The Rangers boss Gerrard admits Europa League exit could damage transfer plans.

"I do think that depending on whether we qualify or not would depend on what we try and do in the final days.

"But I think that's a question for people who are above me at the club.

"I've made it pretty clear what I feel we need to keep moving forward, to make sure that we don't stand still."

Here's hoping for a Galatasaray win tomorrow night.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Gerrard will be quite happy to get out of Europe. It’s all about stopping you know what and  he doesn't want the extra  games . 

whatever happens he’s off at the end of this season of this season  at the latest .

I'm surprised he's done 2.5 years