Sam Cosgrove

Just shows how out of touch some people are with valuations when they would of accepted less than 1m. Mental. Hopefully a good few sell in clauses, if he goes on a run like he has here he will be valued stupidly. It also shows regardless of situation English clubs are still prepared to pay the money they don’t have! 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, slippers said:

Just shows how out of touch some people are with valuations when they would of accepted less than 1m. Mental. Hopefully a good few sell in clauses, if he goes on a run like he has here he will be valued stupidly. It also shows regardless of situation English clubs are still prepared to pay the money they don’t have! 

McBurnie scored 22 goals in a 46 game season and got sold for £20+ million. The rest of his career he's done absolutely nothing. 

One decent season and Sam will go for a fortune too. I think he's far more capable than most on here and suffers from playing in a team who're truly awful to watch and give a striker a near impossible task. 

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

But they aren't paying the money.

It's been the quietest window ever doon sooth,hardly any deals.

Even the big money boys in the Premier are keeping their purses shut..... Covid 19,no fans spring to mind...

55 minutes ago, Parklife said:

McBurnie scored 22 goals in a 46 game season and got sold for £20+ million. The rest of his career he's done absolutely nothing. 

One decent season and Sam will go for a fortune too. I think he's far more capable than most on here and suffers from playing in a team who're truly awful to watch and give a striker a near impossible task. 

Come away, Parkie.

Have you ever seen Space Jam? He's playing like the aliens from space have taken away his powers, like they did to Charles Barkley. 

He had two sights at goal the other night in a stuffy game, and never looked like scoring. As someone already pointed out, he breaks down a lot of attacks with his poor technical ability. 

When he goes, I wish him all the best, seems a good lad and he was prolific for a few seasons, 30K to £2,000,000 is great business. It's just a shame it's during this pandemic otherwise it may well have been reinvested in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

A near impossible task that Marley Watkins seemed to manage. He wasn’t scoring but the team were miles better with him in the side than they are with Cosgrove. 

More to being a striker than scoring and Cosgrove can’t even do the basics right now. Good time to get rid.

He will do alright in England I imagine. 

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He had two sights at goal the other night in a stuffy game, and never looked like scoring. As someone already pointed out, he breaks down a lot of attacks with his poor technical ability. 

What he's best at is putting the ball in the net. If you have essentially a penalty box striker and then ask him to play with his back to goal, 40 yards out, then it's pretty obvious to anyone (apart from folk on here and McInnes) that he'll likely be poor. 

I don't think he's brilliant but he's far from shite and if it weren't for Covid, we'd be selling for much more than £2 million. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

A near impossible task that Marley Watkins seemed to manage. He wasn’t scoring but the team were miles better with him in the side than they are with Cosgrove. 

More to being a striker than scoring and Cosgrove can’t even do the basics right now. Good time to get rid.

Think we are now at a stage where rose tinted specs are being worn by most..... we played good football for about 4 games with Marley Watkins. We are just so shite now that we can't help but look back at the start of the season and compare it to 2009 Barca

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Different players having different strengths and weaknesses. 

Whodda thunk it?!?!

Just now, caledonia said:

Wish people would not keep saying Cosgrove is shite.

we need to go on social media saying he is the greatest.

As we now have Birmingham fans saying that by Aberdeen fans reaction he is a carthorse

I doubt folk on here or twitter are going to impact on multi-million pound transactions, to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Think we are now at a stage where rose tinted specs are being worn by most..... we played good football for about 4 games with Marley Watkins. We are just so shite now that we can't help but look back at the start of the season and compare it to 2009 Barca

Indeed. Marley Watkins has been transformed in to a superstar since he got injured. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What he's best at is putting the ball in the net. If you have essentially a penalty box striker and then ask him to play with his back to goal, 40 yards out, then it's pretty obvious to anyone (apart from folk on here and McInnes) that he'll likely be poor. 

I don't think he's brilliant but he's far from shite and if it weren't for Covid, we'd be selling for much more than £2 million. 

Ridiculous to say he’s shite. He’s been poor but heads gone. I fully expect him to get near double figures from brum at end of season which would prob double his value. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So if the only string to his bow is scoring goals and he's not doing that...

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Indeed. Marley Watkins has been transformed in to a superstar since he got injured. 

I’ve thought he was good since his first game. 

“Penalty box strikers” are still expected to do the basics like hold the ball and chase everything. He’s had plenty chances in the penalty box the past few games but his touch is honking and he’s low on confidence.

I don’t think Cosgrove is as bad as made out by some but last few games he’s been abysmal and it’s down to him, not the team.