Would You Stop Your Son Playing For Celtic Or Sevco?

Good question that I'm not surprised Ollie is ducking.

I'd be delighted if my loon was considered good enough for the ugly sisters so having attained that level of achievement/ability I'd hardly hold him back, that's the first point.

BUT, and bearing in mind I know precisely zero about youth football structures, unless he had absolutely exceptional and hence outstanding talent I would have thought it would be easy for him to go into a Glasgow training structure and get lost, since it stands to reason there'll be another 200 just like him. A bit like Jess I suppose.

I would have thought it would be 'better' for him if he stayed at home and got a decent training, upbringing and schooling in that less challenging environment assuming he could still get exposure to a decent level of football.

And then when he's good enough and they're both frothing to get him he can sign for Brentford for really big money instead.

Absolutely not my son has been brought up a Dons fan like me and now he is an adult follows them home and away. If he was good enough for them then he would be good enough for most clubs in Scotland. Apart from them being disgusting institutions the chances of him making the first team there would be lower than any other Scottish team. Real Dons fans wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick and would advise there kids likewise.

Depends on the people and the facilities.

This is one clear issue where the club does not = the fans.

If the coaching people seemed honest, fair and open, if the facilities were good and if senior trainees were decent people with good attitudes then yes.

If none/few of the above applied then I'd sooner send my son to smaller yet 'better' club.

If he was signing as a youth player, probably not. But that would purely be because he's going to have more chance getting a game elsewhere.

if he's 20+ and looking at first team football then yeah. Why would you prevent / deter your child from joining one of the two biggest "companies" in Scotland? He'd make more money, he'd have more chance of Scotland caps, he'd, if it's Celtic, have a chance of playing big European games.

No.

You may as well let your kid join the fucking KKK.

As a parent you've a responsibility to raise your kids specifically not to be like the Huns or Tims. A few months with those cunts and he'd be thinking and acting just like them.

As previously mentioned, if he'd 'good enough' to play for the vermin he's good enough to play for other teams that don't indoctrinate their fans and players with that sort of low-life cultural pish.

Also relevant - could you have a bird who is a Hun/ dad is a Hun.

I couldn't. Just real fundamental differences that I wouldn't be able to get over

She'd have to be smoking hot.

I've never seen a Tim or Hun chick who was anything but horrendous.