The Most Excellent Cities In The World

alscotoz

I don't get the fascination with Amsterdam. Admittedly, when I was there it was a football trip and I didn't see that much of the place, but there was nothing that really stood out to me as being one of the most "excellent cities in the world".

It's no Paris, Prague or Florence.

Would much rather be in dam than Paris. Was in both last year and after 4 days in Paris I couldn't wait to get out of it. Full of coons looking to rob you.

(I know dam is the same). If you get slightly out of the Dam centre there's some amazing places to walk/ eat/ enjoy life.

I'd be happy if I never returned to Paris

• Upvote 1

I don't get the fascination with Amsterdam. Admittedly, when I was there it was a football trip and I didn't see that much of the place, but there was nothing that really stood out to me as being one of the most "excellent cities in the world".

because you “didn’t see that much” of Amsterdam perhaps...???

Lol

Amsterdam is ace, you need to explore it a bit more. Beautiful, fucked up place.

I’m the opposite.

Never had any issues in Paris.

Spend my time there drinking and eating; ambling from scenic terrace to cafe all day long.

Polished of three or 4 bottles of wine one afternoon on the Sacre Coure steps.

Was brilliant.

Also found the locals to be unbelievably helpful and friendly last visit.

• Downvote 1

I’m the opposite.

Spend my time there drinking and eating; ambling from scenic terrace to cafe all day long.

Was brilliant.

I’m the opposite.

Was brilliant.

Never answered to one of your posts but your points on wine and especially beer is 'spot on, Question is how do you manage? Here in Oegon we got loads of good wine abd beer..but after maybe 5 i am ready for bed..around 9 pm

Would much rather be in dam than Paris. Was in both last year and after 4 days in Paris I couldn't wait to get out of it. Full of coons looking to rob you.

(I know dam is the same). If you get slightly out of the Dam centre there's some amazing places to walk/ eat/ enjoy life.

I'd be happy if I never returned to Paris

Agreed - not been to Paris for 20 years and it was like that then so can imagine how bad it is now. Over priced shitehole