Sevco Thread

10 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Not quite correct.

The 12th placed nation league will have the cup winners go into the play off round of the Europa League.

This still guarantees group stage football though as even as a loser, you drop into the EL Conference league groups

Yeah just checked on it. It was the situation that cup winners from nations ranked 1 to 12 go straight into groups in this and earlier seasons. But it would appear they have changed it starting from next season. Cup winners from the 1 to 6 ranked nations still go straight into the groups. And as you say nations ranked from 7-12 start in the play off round.

8 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

When we play these trumpets on the 22nd our left hand side of defence better turn up and have a bit of speed and alertness about them or they will get targeted. We will score, but our defence and midfield have to have their wits about them.

You ok geezer ?

You was off here for a while, soon after the covid hit these shores.

• Downvote 1
18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

EPL fanboys,

Is this John Lundstram guy any good? What's the story?

Working his ticket at Sheff Utd and heading to Rangers in the summer. They love a central midfielder.

Story I've just read has Burnley and Crystal Palace interested alongside sevco. 

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It seems like he could earn a lot more elsewhere so the fact rangers are in the running (tried to get him this summer) suggests to me he is going there.

Is he any good though? How does he compare to Fleck?

Never been impressed with Fleck or Mcburnie.

Don't think the Sheffield manager will last.He paid 25 million for some young Liverpool reserve a couple of weeks ago.

7 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Never been impressed with Fleck or Mcburnie.

Don't think the Sheffield manager will last.He paid 25 million for some young Liverpool reserve a couple of weeks ago.

Fleck is pretty good, as is Morelos if he wasn’t a complete fucking loose cannon liable to get sent off at any minute.

Anyway Fuck the Huns.

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Parklife said:

Fleck is as average as they come. Watch him at international levels and games utterly pass him by as he's not good enough. He's proof positive that even utterly average players can make it in the EPL. 

Watched him play for Scotland U20s at Firhill about 10 years ago when the  hun media were bumming him up as the Scottish Rooney.  Did fuck all of note. Surprised he's got to the level he's at. 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Watched him play for Scotland U20s at Firhill about 10 years ago when the  hun media were bumming him up as the Scottish Rooney.  Did fuck all of note. Surprised he's got to the level he's at. 

kinda similarly I saw Islam Feruz make his Scotland debut (I think) at East End Park in the victory shield. He ended up scoring and the papers were all waxing lyrical about how brilliant he was but to me he had little else but pace. His movement was poor and he completely relied on being quicker than everyone else to do anything. 

7 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Mind Chick Young demanding Fleck be promoted to the Scotland squad at 17 years old.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Apparently there's a couple of other English Premier league clubs in for him which would pretty much rule out a move to the Huns you would think 

Burnley and Palace. The boy has turned down Sheffield's offer of a new contract, but given that none of us seem to know much about him (and other teams haven't been bidding to get him onboard in the window recently closed) I think it's fair to assume he isn't going to be on massive wages in terms of the EPL...maybe £25k/week or so. Burnley and Palace aren't likely to be offering huge upgrades on that so I wouldn't count sevco as being out of the running. They'll be able to offer him broadly the same but with the added bonus of guaranteed European football. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Burnley and Palace. The boy has turned down Sheffield's offer of a new contract, but given that none of us seem to know much about him (and other teams haven't been bidding to get him onboard in the window recently closed) I think it's fair to assume he isn't going to be on massive wages in terms of the EPL...maybe £25k/week or so. Burnley and Palace aren't likely to be offering huge upgrades on that so I wouldn't count sevco as being out of the running. They'll be able to offer him broadly the same but with the added bonus of guaranteed European football. 

Palace have a few players on circa 100k a week like zaha and Burnley have a few on around 50k a week though.