Levein

Awarded himself a compensation package of 25x his annual salary to depart.

I'm sure he has/will wangle himself a ridiculous compo package, regardless of how useless he's been for years... 

Hearts Statement: 

The Board of Directors of Heart of Midlothian Football Club has today taken the decision to relieve Craig Levein of his first team managerial duties.

The Board would like to thank Craig for all of his efforts as first team manager. Craig has worked tirelessly and selflessly, around the clock, to try to achieve success, despite the many challenges with which he has been faced.

Craig will not return to his previous Director of Football role and, that being so, will step down from the Board. He will, however, see out his contract, which runs until the end of the season, working closely with the Executive Management Team in continuing to develop and improve the structure of the backroom and youth operations within the development. We are confident that his knowledge and experience will contribute massively to ensuring that, come the end of the season, he will leave the football department in a healthy and thriving state.

Effective immediately, Austin MacPhee will be in charge of first team affairs, on an interim basis, while the Board begins the process of recruiting a new manager. The new manager, and indeed the interim manager, will report directly to the Chief Executive.

Sacked. But nae really...he still keeps his role behind the scenes till the end of the season! 

They'd have to pay up his contract anyway, so might as well have him do something for the money he's going to get, even if it's cleaning the toilets... though he'd likely fuck that up inna and leave more shit up the walls than there was before he went in with his bucket and mop.

They're making sure that whatever those duties are, they don't involve picking the team or  matchday tactics, though. 

Makes you appreciate the job McInnes' is doing for us, amirite?

:zoomer:  

I'm sure he has/will wangle himself a ridiculous compo package, regardless of how useless he's been for years... 

Hearts Statement: 

The Board of Directors of Heart of Midlothian Football Club has today taken the decision to relieve Craig Levein of his first team managerial duties.

The Board would like to thank Craig for all of his efforts as first team manager. Craig has worked tirelessly and selflessly, around the clock, to try to achieve success, despite the many challenges with which he has been faced.

Craig will not return to his previous Director of Football role and, that being so, will step down from the Board. He will, however, see out his contract, which runs until the end of the season, working closely with the Executive Management Team in continuing to develop and improve the structure of the backroom and youth operations within the development. We are confident that his knowledge and experience will contribute massively to ensuring that, come the end of the season, he will leave the football department in a healthy and thriving state.

Effective immediately, Austin MacPhee will be in charge of first team affairs, on an interim basis, while the Board begins the process of recruiting a new manager. The new manager, and indeed the interim manager, will report directly to the Chief Executive.

:hysterical:  :hysterical:

I eventually started to miss your haverings here when you were gone. But my longing has been sated ( I didn't miss F n D at all by the way)

Time you and him went back into hibernation for the winter. Maybe with the stipulation that next time there has to be a tangible penalty imposed on the first one to blink. £500 paid to the winner? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ross was U20 manager there.....Levein fired him in 2015. Don't think he would want to return there whilst Avril is still insitu albeit only in a diminished role till the end of the season. 

The fact they have removed Levein as DOF and are making this clear would suggest they may well go for Jack. I don't think his record at Sunderland was to clever.

I work with a Sunderland fan and he liked Jack Ross. He felt he needed until Xmas to deliver, but said ultimately he did underachieve, given he had (by some distance, apparently) the biggest budget in their league. Summed up by saying Ross had/has potential, but it was too big a job too soon.

Given the above, and his past record, this could go either way. He will definitely be keen to bounce back quickly and prove himself all over again.

• Upvote 1