Scotland squad

I've been to Scotland games in the past but haven't been in a few years, hating the national team is something that has crept into the Aberdeen support over the last few years.

Maybe it's a generation thing, when I was growing up, you supported Aberdeen and Scotland, I know of people who have no interest in international football but I struggle to understand the hatred for the national team, each to their own though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest milne_afc

Ryan Poterhouse in ahead of Consi - disgrace

He's too busy trying to flog a Laura Ashley sofa to get bogged down with the trifling irrelevance of turning up for that shit.

Years ago I used to quite like the international breaks but they're dull as dishwater these days and an unwanted distraction from the domestic games. The qualifying format is stale now much like the Champions League groups.

The finals of the World Cup and the Euros are still worth the watch though. Even if we're never in them

I could understand this sentiment if they were an unwanted distraction from domestic games that were something even close to being decent or relevant.

scottish football as a whole is a complete joke from international to domestic. 

the hatred of international football has only gotten worse because of pishness & blame & delusion that one is more relevant than the other.

when both were of higher quality there was very little hatred of international breaks & the fear of humiliation (or being proven as pish) on an international level

I could understand this sentiment if they were an unwanted distraction from domestic games that were something even close to being decent or relevant.

scottish football as a whole is a complete joke from international to domestic.

the hatred of international football has only gotten worse because of pishness & blame & delusion that one is more relevant than the other.

when both were of higher quality there was very little hatred of international breaks & the fear of humiliation (or being proven as pish) on an international level

I don't hate international football.

I just find it to be a disruption to the domestic stuff which I have more of an affinity for.

As you were.

I've been to Scotland games in the past but haven't been in a few years, hating the national team is something that has crept into the Aberdeen support over the last few years.

Maybe it's a generation thing, when I was growing up, you supported Aberdeen and Scotland, I know of people who have no interest in international football but I struggle to understand the hatred for the national team, each to their own though.

The decline in interest naturally coincides with the decline in the stature of Scottish football. 

It's was great watching Scotland beat France 2-0, not so great when you're watching Khazakstan thrash us without breaking a sweat. 

Before the apathy sets in there's a period of genuine hate when you see a collection of couldn't-give-a-fuck 'Scottish' players go through the motions in yet another failed qualification bid. 

• Upvote 1

The decline in interest naturally coincides with the decline in the stature of Scottish football.

It's was great watching Scotland beat France 2-0, not so great when you're watching Khazakstan thrash us without breaking a sweat.

Before the apathy sets in there's a period of genuine hate when you see a collection of couldn't-give-a-fuck 'Scottish' players go through the motions in yet another failed qualification bid.

https://youtu.be/3fZGCPxx0e0

I think it is this. I’m sure everyone Scottish wants to see us win clearly but we are so shite, players can’t even be fucked turning up, the Tartan army is just folk getting away from their wifes and getting smashed.

I’ve always felt the reason Christie is the player he is is because he didn’t come through the arse cheeks. Rarely at Caley was he not the underdog. Even more rarely was he ever the bigger player on the field. And he received very little protection despite his obvious talent Yet simultaneously benefitted from the exposure and playing time. In fact he’s the very antithesis of why a young player with talent should automatically be drawn to the cheeks.

Apart from the money obvs.

He can fuck off after all his newspaper interviews this week.

He's mismanaged the whole thing badly. Wouldn't be surprised if there's hardly any interest in him in January. Football is a fickle mistress

Maybe not.

But not a chance we’ll get close to the alleged £6m Villa offered even if it was about half only up front.

Can’t see anyone paying more than £3.5m now.

And even if they did, Milne would keep his grubby Masonic hands on it all for the shed in the field.

Mckenna had an initial burst of consistent performances. As did plug and he ended up at Burton Albion.

Nothing i see from Mckenna suggests hes worth any more than 200k. He plays for Scotland because we have no other CH’s.

He’d get found out in the championship down south. Eng.1st div would be his limit at this moment in time.

Having said all that, id love him to prove me wrong and live up to the hype. I think alongside a good CH he would possibly develop into a 1m+ player.