Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

5 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

I did have an espresso with breakfast/ lunch today though. Their Colombian beans are good, one of only two cafes in the NE I will order an espresso in.

Hey, check this; breakfast/ lunch = brunch. Isn't that brilliant? You guys can use it. Consider it my gift to the world. 

Have you tried the beans from Red Robin Records on Correction Wynd? The Mexican eens (8.95) are great. 

26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Given that Gabicci is a relatively young brand - certainly not around 50+ years ago - and given their market positioning, I doubt any grandad is even aware of them far less paid a few quid for their products. Not a fan myself. 

Your grandad stop wearing clothes when he hit 60 did he?

Another thing we agree about (this is becoming uncanny), never been a fan of the Gabbici style myself.

41 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

True and if you were a real mannie - ye're nae - you would know that this isn't just a good thing, it's necessary and required. 

Liking the new calm RS approach, we could end up getting along you know.

At what age is someone classed as a "mannie"?  I would say 60+ which indeed excludes me from that club.

6 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Always thought Gabicci only came in brown and beige! Certainly the tops my grandfather used to wear were always a combination of those two colours!

Are Farah trousers still a thing ?

Aye, Farah (and their trousers) are still going in the market place, FFS. Arguably, one of the best pair of trousers I've ever had.  Their shirts are well tailored as well.