Out Of Contract

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Mcinnes has been a huge failure as far as strikers as a whole. Credit due of course for Cosgrove (should we actually sell him) but aside from him he has been honking.

Rooney was a no brainier so also credit there. 
Extend Mains deal & he will be failing the club again up front as he has for most part.

Criminal that a club like us are not only signing duds like Main but if we are so desperate that we extend his failure then it really is back to Mackie days

I thought it was Main that was in the paper saying he wanted a new contract? 

Just because he wants one doesn't mean he's going to get one.  Maybe a bit early to be slating the club? 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s referring to this season.

I ask how he explains the rest of his previous & bulk of his uninjured time here

We'll he's keeping Cosgrove out of the team now as well to be fair. 

Footballers have confidence in their ability. They always say stuff like this. It's what keeps them going, their self belief in a pretty secular cut throat business. 

Main - Get him to fuck at the next available opertunity.

Cosgrove - If theres money on the table for him take it and get him to fuck at the next available opportunity..

Watkins - If there's any chance of signing him permanently take it, we play much better with him in the team.

Wright - Get him signed up. As above. The team is much better to watch with him in it and he's the only creative player we have.

McLennan - I'd keep him as well, hooroha frustrating player but worth another deal.

McGinn - Release when contract up, been a great servant but nae much use now

Logan - As above.

1 minute ago, Redmist1903 said:

Cosgrove - If theres money on the table for him take it and get him to fuck at the next available opportunity..

Watkins - If there's any chance of signing him permanently take it, we play much better with him in the team.

Wright - Get him signed up. As above. The team is much better to watch with him in it and he's the only creative player we have.

McLennan - I'd keep him as well, hooroha frustrating player but worth another deal.

Logan - As above.

Pretty much nails it for me. 

13 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Logan - As above.

I'd keep McGinn if he agrees to stay for half the wages he's on now - can still produce a bit of magic off the bench from a set piece or whatever. Agree with the rest. 

13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I'd keep McGinn if he agrees to stay for half the wages he's on now - can still produce a bit of magic off the bench from a set piece or whatever. Agree with the rest. 

Yeah I'd be happy enough with him as a bit part player on bit part wages.......... Might be best for all concerned however just to cut ties and take in someone else rather than him just fade away into obscurity.

15 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

He scored against St. Mirren but other than that, I'm struggling to remember the last time he did anything of note.

I think he's done now, he rarely scores, rarely assists and almost never runs past a defender like in the old days.

A good servant however I believe his wages could be better used elsewhere.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Come on.  Scott Wright will get a gig somewhere on a free, no problem at all. 

Frank Ross got a gig in Holland and he was injured more than Wright and not as talented. 

I cant see anyone in Scotland being either willing or able to cough up the  full training fee we would be due if he left under freedom of contract. Cormack is a decent guy though...maybe he would negotiate a bit on it. 

As regards England......he isn't EPL standard. Maybe lower end Championship level but I honestly think he'd at best end up in EFL1. Would they pay any more than what he's been offered with us though? Sure Sunderland, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Ipswich and Doncaster could certainly do so......but would they?

As MT said...Wright is nearly 23. His only real run in the side has come this season. And he's had reconstructive knee surgery. So he's not a massively attractive proposition. I suspect on balance he will get a gig somewhere. But I've always said that by the time he's 25/26 I fully expect him to be plying his trade somewhere like St Johnstone. We will be the pinnacle of his career.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

I cant see anyone in Scotland being either willing or able to cough up the  full training fee we would be due if he left under freedom of contract. Cormack is a decent guy though...maybe he would negotiate a bit on it. 

As regards England......he isn't EPL standard. Maybe lower end Championship level but I honestly think he'd at best end up in EFL1. Would they pay any more than what he's been offered with us though? Sure Sunderland, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Ipswich and Doncaster could certainly do so......but would they?

As MT said...Wright is nearly 23. His only real run in the side has come this season. And he's had reconstructive knee surgery. So he's not a massively attractive proposition. I suspect on balance he will get a gig somewhere. But I've always said that by the time he's 25/26 I fully expect him to be plying his trade somewhere like St Johnstone. We will be the pinnacle of his career.

Nobody said he was going to the English Premier League. 

But he'll get a gig down south somewhere no problem at all.  There's absolutely no way he'll find himself out of football if he doesn't sign with us. 

If anything, not signing with us will suggest he's got something lined up for next season. 

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

League 1 has a cap of 2.5k per week. Surely we would be offering him around that, so I can't see him gaining financially unless he goes to Championship, which he is not good enough for IMO.

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

League 1 has a cap of 2.5k per week. Surely we would be offering him around that, so I can't see him gaining financially unless he goes to Championship, which he is not good enough for IMO.

Id expect him to get there or thereabouts with us so as you say no point financially moving to league 1 down south. Stay with us for more or less the same cash, play some europa qualifiers, and Clarke has shown, hed have more chance getting a Scotland cap impressing for us. 

2 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Id expect him to get there or thereabouts with us so as you say no point financially moving to league 1 down south. Stay with us for more or less the same cash, play some europa qualifiers, and Clarke has shown, hed have more chance getting a Scotland cap impressing for us. 

Yeah I'd think he has rejected our offer to try get a few more quid from us, I expect him to stay though. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

For all his injury problems, Frank Ross has picked up a contract and is playing for Go Ahead Eagles in the Dutch league.

there will be options for Wright if he doesn't extend with us

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

We better not be offering him £2.5k a week just because he's played well in 10-15 games the entire time he's been here

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Anyone that thinks a lower league English club wouldn’t sign Wirght for relative pennies when you consider some of the shite that has gone south (some even for fees) is a dipshit ?

There will be clubs worldwide that fold due to the financial effects of the covid crisis. So there will be a surfeit of players on the market looking for new clubs. I think he will get himself fixed up somewhere but I don't think he's going to have a great choice in where he eventually ends up. And not for what he and his agent likely think he's worth. 

If I was McInnes I'd give him until January 16th to sign the deal we offered otherwise we take it off the table and we look to sign up his replacement on a pre-contract for next season

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Thats better

So you apologising for the Billy gilmour comparison?

Why would I? If you are unable to understand the concept of ‘relative speaking’ then that’s your dumb fuckary.

i didn’t say anything about 16- 22 year olds, just young Scottish talent & lesser clubs easily ‘risking’ small change on likes of Wright 

On 12/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, Ten Caat said:

There will be clubs worldwide that fold due to the financial effects of the covid crisis. So there will be a surfeit of players on the market looking for new clubs. I think he will get himself fixed up somewhere but I don't think he's going to have a great choice in where he eventually ends up. And not for what he and his agent likely think he's worth. 

If I was McInnes I'd give him until January 16th to sign the deal we offered otherwise we take it off the table and we look to sign up his replacement on a pre-contract for next season

Fuck January the 16th. If its not signed by midnight on hogmany we pull the plug. 16 days our potential replacement could have signed for someone else by then. 

On 12/18/2020 at 6:36 PM, Millertime said:

Lol

Shut it, we are done 

If Billy Gilmor can become such a star/prospect for the likes of Chelsea it’s not going to be seen as a massive financial risk for a lower league club to take a gamble on Wright (relatively speaking of course) 

What exactly is your point? I never compared them as same age. 
I compared them as young players going to England & potentially being worth the relatively small outlays that it would take.

you are such a mongtard