Aussie Open Tennis

2 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

^ This.

Neither Djokovic or Australia looking good over this. Should have all been sorted and agreed prior to him arriving to save this pantomime.

Never looks good when politicians open their gobs. His family and Serb govt giving it "he's a political prisoner" pile of shite. Half wonder what it will be like if he gets to play. The fans might have some fun with him on court.

1 hour ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Never looks good when politicians open their gobs. His family and Serb govt giving it "he's a political prisoner" pile of shite. Half wonder what it will be like if he gets to play. The fans might have some fun with him on court.

I cannot see how they can let him play without incurring the wrath of the Aussie population. That would be a clear message of one rule for some and other rules for the rest (which we all know is the case anyway but this has now become a high profile story).

On 1/8/2022 at 2:38 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

I cannot see how they can let him play without incurring the wrath of the Aussie population. That would be a clear message of one rule for some and other rules for the rest (which we all know is the case anyway but this has now become a high profile story).

wins court case........advantage Djokovic.

Watched Murray this morning getting totally outclassed in the Sydney Tennis Classic by Aslan Karatsev, a guy who despite being number 1 seed in this event is a guy who would have done well to have avoided being double bageled by Murray when he was at the peak of his game.

I really wish Murray would retire. Doesn't deserve to struggle against players that will never come close to achieving what he did in his earlier career

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Watched Murray this morning getting totally outclassed in the Sydney Tennis Classic by Aslan Karatsev, a guy who despite being number 1 seed in this event is a guy who would have done well to have avoided being double bageled by Murray when he was at the peak of his game.

I really wish Murray would retire. Doesn't deserve to struggle against players that will never come close to achieving what he did in his earlier career

Half agree with you, but Murray seems to be loving it right now (his reaction after winning the semi).  I used to travel to Melbourne every year and it was glorious watching him utterly destroy all comers, other than Djokovic - who was just way too good for him (and everyone else in the world).  It was almost embarrassing the gulf in glass between Murray and his opponents.  It was brilliant watching him live - you don't fully appreciate the way he had his opponents on a string, watching on the TV.

He's a competitive beast.  As long as he's still enjoying it, he deserves the right to play on.

In fairness, he's playing at top 50 in the world level, with a hip replacement. That in itself is an incredible achievement, if viewed in isolation.  It's a new first for a player who continues to break records.  He's a remarkable athlete.  The best Scotland has ever seen, and probably ever will.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

What an absolute wanker of a post this is.

Murray is improving all the time and building the match strength. He’s reached a final of a tour event which is amazing in itself. Who knows how much better he can get again given his levels of determination and desire.

And you want him to give up?

Fuck off min.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Reed or deed said:

Murray is improving all the time and building the match strength. He’s reached a final of a tour event which is amazing in itself. Who knows how much better he can get again given his levels of determination and desire.

Fuck off min.

Honestly don't see him getting near one of the majors from here on but he's entitled to play as long as he likes and is happy to do it. He looks to me like he's simply enjoying the challenge of climbing the rankings again to see how far he can get.

56 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Fuck off min.

There's not a cat's chance in hell that Murray will ever return to the player he once was. 

He deserves better than to play on, getting beaten by players who, if he didn't have to have a hip replacement and the subsequent long rehab process, wouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as him.

I absolutely accept if he wants to continue playing it's totally his choice but he was absolutely outclassed today by the guy ranked 20th in the world

I don't want to see him embarrassed if he has the misfortune to draw a top 10 player in a Grand Slam

Feel free to block me you easily triggered bellend

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

There's not a cat's chance in hell that Murray will ever return to the player he once was. 

He deserves better than to play on, getting beaten by players who, if he didn't have to have a hip replacement and the subsequent long rehab process, wouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as him.

I absolutely accept if he wants to continue playing it's totally his choice but he was absolutely outclassed today by the guy ranked 20th in the world

I don't want to see him embarrassed if he has the misfortune to draw a top 10 player in a Grand Slam

He's not being embarrassed. He's playing tennis to a high level. Yes, it's not the high level he was once at but i for one am loving seeing him playing and competing for titles again. 

I never thought I'd get to see it again. He's loving it and so are his fans. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Nah i’m not easily triggered at all.

You should take responsibilty for a really sad, self defeating mentality type post.

It was one match and if he was outplayed on the day, so what?

This happened regularly in his rise through the rankings part 1. 
You should never say never. 

25 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Nah i’m not easily triggered at all.

You should take responsibilty for a really sad, self defeating mentality type post.

It was one match and if he was outplayed on the day, so what?

This happened regularly in his rise through the rankings part 1. 
You should never say never. 

Believe me id love nothing more than seeing Murray win a big tournament again. Unquestionably he has been the greatest sports star to come out of Scotland. Pushes Chris Hoy into second place for that accolade.

But he won't. Not with a plastic hip

I'm just realistic

I prefer to remember what he was than what he is now.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Believe me id love nothing more than seeing Murray win a big tournament again. Unquestionably he has been the greatest sports star to come out of Scotland. Pushes Chris Hoy into second place for that accolade.

But he won't. Not with a plastic hip

I'm just realistic

I prefer to remember what he was than what he is now.

Nonsense.

All he has to do is serve an ace on every serve and there you have it.

He never loses. 

Every sportsperson has an arc. 

Murray will absolutely be remembered for his achievements at his peak, not how he performs at the tail end of his career post surgery. 

Nobody thinks George Best was shit because he played for Dunstable Town. 

Or  thinks Jack Nickaus was shit because he didn't win any majors at the arse end of his career. 

As long as Murray is enjoying himself then good luck to him. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch.