Premiership Fixtures 2020/21

Here's the current rankings which are applied the 2021/22 season. Note Scotland is ranked 14th

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2020.html

This is the latest rankings based on this seasons co-efficients which will be applied for the 2022/23 season. Note were currently 13th, but with the potential to surpass Turkey into 12th

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2021.html

Yes thats for the next 5-7 years which includes a conference title holder every year. There isn't one. Some people believe that means they will create an additional fixture in the PO round. Obviously another possibility could be the move one team up to the Groups.

We'll just need to wait and see.

it's not exciting until we are comfy in third anyway

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Yes thats for the next 5-7 years which includes a conference title holder every year. There isn't one. Some people believe that means they will create an additional fixture in the PO round. Obviously another possibility could be the move one team up to the Groups.

We'll just need to wait and see.

it's not exciting until we are comfy in third anyway

We've been through that. That spot creates 1 space. We're 2 spaces behind the upgrade. Were 14th and the country in 13th will get that PO spot next year.

Its not happening for next seasons competition as far as I can see

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

We've been through that. That spot creates 1 space. We're 2 spaces behind the upgrade. Were 14th and the country in 13th will get that PO spot next year.

Its not happening for next seasons competition as far as I can see

I can present your own argument back to you.

Where are you seeing the 7th placed team will move up? Where? Link please? It's the not the case. bla bla.

We just need to wait and see.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I can present your own argument back to you.

Where are you seeing the 7th placed team will move up? Where? Link please? It's the not the case. bla bla.

We just need to wait and see.

LOL, I'm not the one claiming that we will be bumped two places. That's your positions.

My premise is that for next seasons competition, Scotland's Scottish Cup Winners / 3rd place will enter the Europa League QR3.

The post above I merely accepted the suggestion that there could be one additional spot created as a result of there not being a current Conference League Winner and articulated why that does not create enough spaces for us to be bumped two spots

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Does going into qr3 mean we would be seeded too?

With the new format its hard to tell at this point wheter we would be seeded or not

Europa League QR3

Only 6 teams in this round

There are effectively no previous rounds in the new Europa League format and there would only be 6 sides entering the QR3 stage. 3 Teams from countries ranked 13-15 and 3 teams who have dropped out in the Champions League, non-champions from countries ranked 10-15.

So there is the potential we could be a seeded team, depending on who was knocked out of the CL-QR2 round

Europa League PO round

There's 20 teams in this round.

3 teams from the QR3 (3 from associations 10-15)

6 teams dropping out from the Champions League QR3 (countries ranked 13 and lower)

5 teams from Europa League Champions Path (League Champions from associations 15 and lower)

6 teams direct entrants from associations 7-12

So its hard to know whether we would be seeded or not. If we gained access as a team in rank 12, theoretically, there are 5 teams from higher ranked associations, however the other 14 are likely to be from associations that are lower in ranking than ourselves. It will depend on individual seedings to see if we scrape a seeded place or not

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

unseeded and starting cold

Not for cetain (as above)

The starting cold is uncertain as well as I guess it will depend when the rounds are scheduled and when our season was to start.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Aye the optimum would be finishing 2nd and being knocked out of champs 2nd round, europa 3rd round and conference PO. 

Yep, that's the scenario for whoever finishes 2nd in Scotland should we break into the top 12 country rankings.

Win 1 round and you're guaranteed group stage football, be it CL, EL or EL2  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 1:28 PM, afc1903mad said:

LOL, I'm not the one claiming that we will be bumped two places. That's your positions.

My premise is that for next seasons competition, Scotland's Scottish Cup Winners / 3rd place will enter the Europa League QR3.

The post above I merely accepted the suggestion that there could be one additional spot created as a result of there not being a current Conference League Winner and articulated why that does not create enough spaces for us to be bumped two spots

Lightblub moment @afc1903mad 

I've only just worked out it out myself rather than taking it from others best guess.

The theory you are presenting does not work because they've got rid of QR1 and QR2 for the Europa League. (I WAS MISSING THIS IMPORTANT FACT PREVIOUSLY)

So you can't fix the problem by only moving up one nation because you can't back fill that one team from QR2 teams.

It's meant to be 8 ties in QR3 and then 12 teams join in QR4 meaning there would be 20 teams in QR4 (10 ties).

Once you lose one team from QR4 start (7th nation promoted) then you have 8 ties in QR3 and only 11 teams join in QR4 meaning you are one team short (19 teams).

One possible fix is to change it to 7 ties in QR3 and then 13 teams join in QR4 putting you back to the 20 teams in the PO round (13th and 14th nation promoted).

This is the best guess theory that some Uefa know it all's are going for.

26 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I've only just worked out it out myself rather than taking it from others best guess.

The theory you are presenting does not work because they've got rid of QR1 and QR2 for the Europa League. (I WAS MISSING THIS IMPORTANT FACT PREVIOUSLY)

So you can't fix the problem by only moving up one nation because you can't back fill that one team from QR2 teams.

It's meant to be 8 ties in QR3 and then 12 teams join in QR4 meaning there would be 20 teams in QR4 (10 ties).

Once you lose one team from QR4 start (7th nation promoted) then you have 8 ties in QR3 and only 11 teams join in QR4 meaning you are one team short (19 teams).

One possible fix is to change it to 7 ties in QR3 and then 13 teams join in QR4 putting you back to the 20 teams in the PO round (13th and 14th nation promoted).

Hmmmm.

Quite a few bones to pick in there.

1) The competition has only 6 teams the the Europa League QR3 next season (From Bert Kassies). 3 from leagues 13-15 and 3 losers from the Champions League (non-champions) QR2.

2) You’re correct that there is no earlier rounds to back fill, meaning there are a number of differing solutions. Such as a team getting a bye or more likely, promote the team in the 16th league from the Europa League Conference competition and back fill I. There (more likely I would propose). There are 81 ties and 162 teams, so easy to lose one tie out of there.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Fuck that. I did O Grade Maths and passed it well. Within days of starting Higher maths I realised that I stood more chance of passing water on the Queen than passing it so I dropped it sharpish.

You have just brought that feeling of utter hopelessness right back to me.

I'll settle for us being in the Betfred  group stages rather than that fucking mess (well I won't but I'll just watch the matches that we play and let Pythagoras worry about how to sort out the fine details of the draw)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The kick off time for our game with Motherwell, at Fir Park, on Wednesday 23rd December has been brought forward from 7.45pm and will now kick off at 6.15pm.

Date: Wednesday December 23
Competition: Scottish Premiership
Match: Motherwell v Aberdeen
Kick-off 6.15pm.

Our Scottish Premiership home match against Sevco in the New Year will be shown live on Sky Sports. The match will take place on Sunday 10th January and will kick off at 4.30pm.

Date: Sunday January 10
Match: Aberdeen v Sevco
TV Coverage: Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 4.30pm.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, The Cockney Don said:

The kick off time for our game with Motherwell, at Fir Park, on Wednesday 23rd December has been brought forward from 7.45pm and will now kick off at 6.15pm.

Date: Wednesday December 23
Match: Motherwell v Aberdeen
Kick-off 6.15pm.

Our Scottish Premiership home match against Sevco in the New Year will be shown live on Sky Sports. The match will take place on Sunday 10th January and will kick off at 4.30pm.

Date: Sunday January 10
Match: Aberdeen v Sevco
TV Coverage: Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 4.30pm.

Nae doubt the first Rangers game in fucking years that's not a lunchtime kick off and no fans will be allowed.

1 minute ago, The Cockney Don said:

The SPFL has this afternoon confirmed that our away match with Livingston on Wednesday 30th December will now take place at the earlier time of 4pm at the Tony Macaroni Arena. The match was originally scheduled to take place at 7.45pm but has been moved at the request of both clubs.

At least the crowds will get home at a sensible time