Nk Rijeka V Aberdeen (0 - 3)

Ticket details:

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/6432.php#.VZ-Zh_lVhBc

I phoned this morning and they will be operating a facility to collect tickets over there. They will contact you with details next week. Be warned that to book you need Passport numbers, flight numbers and the address of a hotel.

--------

Buzzing for this. Think it's got the making of an ace away day with a stadium at the beach in a scorching climate.

Preferred lineup for me:

lineup.png

Have put Brown in goals but him or Ward are both acceptable. Not really fussed either way.

If we play anything like we did last night then no chance home or away. Best we can hope for is an away draw hopefully get an away goal too if we lose and hope we catch them on a bad day. Their record looks pretty decent but I still think Gronigen was a tougher test so we can do it if the desire is there?

Think a lot of folk are writing us off based on their score lines in the Europa League last season. Watching some of the clips I think the scorelines flattered them. This team are very similar to ourselves in that they have a very decent manager, had a bit of cash pumped into them and are a team in transition.

Tough? Yes. Unbeatable? Absolutely fucking not. We've got two competitive games over them and you'd like to think we'll be more match sharp than them. We beat Groeningen, we can beat this lot.

Very tough game for us.

I think we'll come away with a narrow defeat. 2-1.

A defeat won't spoil my trip over.

Team will be:

Ward

Logan - Taylor - Considine - Shinnie

Jack - Flood

Hayes - McLean - McGinn

Rooney

Flood will start.

McInnes will want him in the team to chase and harry like he does and no-one else in the team does.

Personally I'd drop Flood and bring in the mighty Quinn. Shunt Considine over to LB and move Shinnie into midfield to support the Crab.

I was wondering if Goodwillie might get a start over there. He would be able to come deeper with a bit more effect than Rooney.

Pawlett may even get a look in.

Plenty options.

I expect Pawlett to start this one and that to be the only change. I actually quite like the Goodwillie shout, even though I've slated him time and time again. A link up forward is probably more necessary than a poacher for this game. That would allow the likes of McGinn, Pawlett and Hayes to dart through a bit more.

Expecting:

Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

Flood Jack

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

I think we might just scrape something, as difficult as I think it'll be.

Their pitch is really small, so I'm hoping this might play in to our barrow a bit.

We'll have to play a lot better than we did last night but I think we will.

Great away trip, regardless of the score mind you.

:scarf:

I expect Pawlett to start this one and that to be the only change. I actually quite like the Goodwillie shout, even though I've slated him time and time again. A link up forward is probably more necessary than a poacher for this game. That would allow the likes of McGinn, Pawlett and Hayes to dart through a bit more.

Expecting:

Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

Flood Jack

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

would agree with that team bar Pawlett. I know he hit the bar last night but he offered very little else and hasn't done for a while now. McLean has to play. Played well last night, far better at retaining the ball than Pawlett and just overall a better footballer. Also allows us to move to 3 in midfield much like we did away in the first round to try and keep it tighter. Really can't see Pawlett starting this one at all.

would agree with that team bar Pawlett. I know he hit the bar last night but he offered very little else and hasn't done for a while now. McLean has to play. Played well last night, far better at retaining the ball than Pawlett and just overall a better footballer. Also allows us to move to 3 in midfield much like we did away in the first round to try and keep it tighter. Really can't see Pawlett starting this one at all.

I agree that McLean deserves to play but I just feel that Del will go for Pawlett because of the pace on the counter and with a hope that he will be able to run in behind.