Aberdeen V Nk Rijeka (2 - 2) (Agg 5 - 2)

If we are playing the one striker up top with three in behind.

As the main striker we could have Rooney, Goodwillie, May, McGinn, Shankland.

The three in behind, McGinn, Hayes, Pawlett, McLean, May, Goodwillie. Rooney has even played on the left with Goodwillie upfront early last season.

Having May would create more competition not just as the lone striker but for the likes of McGinn as well.

I'd fucking love to get May.

Goodwillie was superb, he had a real battle on his hands and didn't lose the head. Well impressed with him, and happy for him.

First half we were solid, Quinn and Taylor were untouchable then.

I missed a bit of the second because I was cowering from section Y seagulls. They were mental. Shit everywhere.

Great finish from McGinn, found that angle perfectly, really impressive. And for the 2nd, Goodwillie was so composed.

I'll tik it.

This.

Goodwillie was brilliant last night and shinnie looks a top top player.

All in all a great night rounded off splendidly in silhouettes

Goodwillie was superb, he had a real battle on his hands and didn't lose the head. Well impressed with him, and happy for him.

I missed a bit of the second because I was cowering from section Y seagulls. They were mental. Shit everywhere.

Great finish from McGinn, found that angle perfectly, really impressive. And for the 2nd, Goodwillie was so composed.

I'll tik it.

This.

I'll tik it.

This.

Another quality midfielder and perhaps a striker for more depth and we will definatly be making the peados worry

Yeah I'd agree with that. We do still need a really good midfielder & a decent striker. For competition & squad depth if nothing else.

Nae sure May would come to us given that he'd have such a fight on his hands for a regular place

Honestly min, I go to enjoy the football.

Perhaps I have a different perspective as I take my loon to all games now, but I was never one for getting absolutely smashed before a football match on the basis that I would remember none of it, and that's why I was having a day out in the first place.

It seems counter productive, but each to their own. I did get half stunned before the Hearts game two seasons ago but that was only because we were in corporate, the drink was free, and it would have been rude not to.

| |

| |

| |

----------------

It was completely pointless.

Can't remember the game, left early by myself and now feel ill.

I will reevaluate my match rituals and "Gint's" won't be part of them.

* A Gint is a large Gin n Tonic served in a big Jam Jar from the moorings. A pint of Gin if you will.

The South Stand Spritzers were the final nail in the coffin. I have vague memories of the game and can only imagine we must have been very annoying for anyone standing near us.

I'm still not dressed yet.

Up the Dons.

The South Stand Spritzers were the final nail in the coffin. I have vague memories of the game and can only imagine we must have been very annoying for anyone standing near us.

I'm still not dressed yet.

Up the Dons.

@@cheesepipes very dissapoonting performance from you sir I expect better

The game seemed to last only 5 minutes is this correct and what happened to the first half?

I love Monica

Hate seagulls found out this morning I had been shat on, cunts

Up the Dons though great performance

Honestly min, I go to enjoy the football.

Perhaps I have a different perspective as I take my loon to all games now, but I was never one for getting absolutely smashed before a football match on the basis that I would remember none of it, and that's why I was having a day out in the first place.

It seems counter productive, but each to their own. I did get half stunned before the Hearts game two seasons ago but that was only because we were in corporate, the drink was free, and it would have been rude not to.

That dundonian bowling club.

I thought Thursday night was brilliant! Yet another case of the team not knowing when they're beaten.

I can only add to the praise of David Goodwillie, great performance again from him, definitely up there with the most technically gifted at the club. A mention has to go to Shinnie and Quinn too though. I think we all knew what we were getting with Shinnie - a top player with so many qualities who'll be a great asset. Paul Quinn has been somewhat more surprising. If he keeps this form up, Reynolds, for once might find it hard to get back in the team.

That said, everyone played their part in what, in the end, was a tie masterfully conducted by Derek McInnes. We managed to see off a very good team because of his approach to a game (and his ability to have his players responding, of course), something I think they failed to do and it ultimately cost them. They didn't know what we were all about, and serves them right!

:bounce:

I thought Thursday night was brilliant! Yet another case of the team not knowing when they're beaten.

I can only add to the praise of David Goodwillie, great performance again from him, definitely up there with the most technically gifted at the club. A mention has to go to Shinnie and Quinn too though. I think we all knew what we were getting with Shinnie - a top player with so many qualities who'll be a great asset. Paul Quinn has been somewhat more surprising. If he keeps this form up, Reynolds, for once might find it hard to get back in the team.

That said, everyone played their part in what, in the end, was a tie masterfully conducted by Derek McInnes. We managed to see off a very good team because of his approach to a game (and his ability to have his players responding, of course), something I think they failed to do and it ultimately cost them. They didn't know what we were all about, and serves them right!

:bounce:

Lumberjacks is what they called us, even after we hammered them on their own turf.

Welll we cut them down to size, that's for sure.

...because Lumberjacks, see..?

a lot of praise on the players but I have to say that Mcinnes and Docherty have given a Masterclass in knockout football.

A back 3 and goodwillie in a leading role are not things many would predict before 2nd round qualifying began, then just some subtle changes last night starting with 5 at the back and then swapping to a four worked and help us contain them first half, seeing the change after half time and swapping us back to a five. Pushing Mcguinn on from his quite deep sitting role in the first half gave us more options just a very clever tactical display and one that at times last season I wondered if Mcinness had in him as wee seemed to be very one dimensional. you could pick the starting 11 almost every game

Now we don't just have competition in our ranks we have flexibility, we can have two sitting in the middle or one, we have good cover across the back, we need a bit more in attack still but we have a much much better team than last season

Nail on the heid! I think now that he has a better squad, we'll see a lot more tactical changes and a lot more success too. There wasn't quite as much of a panic in the crowd I thought when we went two down. How many times in the past has the nervy crowd got to the players? Not on Thursday

Lumberjacks is what they called us, even after we hammered them on their own turf.

Welll we cut them down to size, that's for sure.

...because Lumberjacks, see..?

Wear women's clothing??

Nail on the heid! I think now that he has a better squad, we'll see a lot more tactical changes and a lot more success too. There wasn't quite as much of a panic in the crowd I thought when we went two down. How many times in the past has the nervy crowd got to the players? Not on Thursday

Wear women's clothing??

Tbf we were only two down for a minute. Much longer & an ma breeks would have been a little less inviting to sit on.

Thank you McGinn (saved me a very uncomfortable drive back down the rd)

Tbf we were only two down for a minute. Much longer & an ma breeks would have been a little less inviting to sit on.

Thank you McGinn (saved me a very uncomfortable drive back down the rd)

I still wasn't 100% comfortable at 1-2. All it would have taken was a response from them to throw it back into dodgy territory.

I could have bear hugged Goodwillie after the second though. Such was the relief, elation, joy.