BBC reporting on Hearts Match thread

No Niall McGinn

Posted at 18:35

Aberdeen have travelled to Luxembourg without Northern Ireland international Niall McGinn, who has been given a week off after his Euro 2016 exploits with Northern Ireland.

McGinn scored in the 3-1 Europa League first leg win over Fola Esch and Dons manager Derek McInnes must be fairly confident of their progress.

No Niall McGinn

Aberdeen have travelled to Luxembourg without Northern Ireland international Niall McGinn, who has been given a week off after his Euro 2016 exploits with Northern Ireland.

McGinn scored in the 3-1 Europa League first leg win over Fola Esch and Dons manager Derek McInnes must be fairly confident of their progress.

Correct decision IMHO.

sure it will be - brave decision none the less.

Lose and people will question the wisdom of the decision for sure, win and it will be forgotten very quickly

Unless he gets injured and we run up the score (still to get his 'holidays').

McGinn getting his time off now makes the most sense because of our 2 goal lead and their terrible home record in Europe.

One away goal should do it (and we are getting scoring from a lot more players than we did 2 seasons ago).

Would you bet against Stockley (for example) to score tomorrow?

Us winning with McGinn 'rested' and ready for the second round would be my script.

We'll be fine.

Looking forward to this one so much, love that early season feeling when you lose all sense of reality and anything is possible.

Christ I hope a couple of these new lads turn out to be really good, we need the boost that would give.

I reckon it'll be a pretty strong line up with at most 1 or 2 changes from the last game, Deek might bring a couple on if we get out noses in front and we are comfortable with it.

BBC reporting on Hearts Match thread

No Niall McGinn

Posted at 18:35

.a week to tour launderettes looking for the odd sock or two....reminds me of a a story....nationwide.press.etc few years back..sure they were cops.headline...house of socks...these fruits went out.pubs .clubs etc....asking for punters .men and women to donate socks tights to charity...end of the day.they got busted...the fez couldnt get in the front door....crammed of socks...try a google....mcginn
  • Downvote 2

.a week to tour launderettes looking for the odd sock or two....reminds me of a a story....nationwide.press.etc few years back..sure they were cops.headline...house of socks...these fruits went out.pubs .clubs etc....asking for punters .men and women to donate socks tights to charity...end of the day.they got busted...the fez couldnt get in the front door....crammed of socks...try a google....mcginn

Are you ok?

Thank fuck Mginn is being rested, It would show a real lack of faith in the squad to play him tonight.

WTF ".a week to tour launderettes looking for the odd sock or two....reminds me of a a story....nationwide.press.etc few years back..sure they were cops.headline...house of socks...these fruits went out.pubs .clubs etc....asking for punters .men and women to donate socks tights to charity...end of the day.they got busted...the fez couldnt get in the front door....crammed of socks...try a google....mcginn

:hysterical:

Amazing.

From a Scottish perspective Hearts winning home and away is exactly what we're needing. Our clubs should be entering later in terms of qualifiers and hopefully we will win comfortably tonight. Hibs are clearly going to get pumped out but us two and celtic should reach the 3rd round without to many issues.

Absolutely horrible news about their keeper losing his father like that.

I'd like to think the club can do something to show a bit of sympathy and respect while there - would be a nice touch.

You serious?

Whilst it's never fine anyone dying, why should AFC as a club give a fyck about this let alone do anything to mark it?

Bonkers.