Ryan Hedges

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Fly on the wall of Hibs training session this morning

...Right lads, so to sum up if we do a Livingston and stop Hedges then we dont actually need to worry about any of their new signings up top as they wont see the ball, never mind do anything with it.  Lets us press extra men up on a defence that physically cant do anything with a ball.

[Someone passes Ross a small piece of paper with the words Pectoral Injury on it]

(smirks) Ok, who's round is it, race you to the pool table. 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Meanwhile back in the Edinburgh tavern...

[Someone passes Ross a piece of paper with Ash Out written on it]

Fuck sakes lads, back to the training ground. 

Please stop.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I think Logan seems to be not the flavour of the month. I'd suggest everyone else is ahead of him in the pecking order.

He was good for us for a time but he's been on a sharp decline for some time. No competition for right back so he never really had to push himself as much as he maybe needed to. HIs howler to gift ROPS a goal a few seasons back was testemant to his decline. As others have said far too close to a contract extension for my liking. No doubt on a big wage which we could do with getting shot of 

4 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

He was good for us for a time but he's been on a sharp decline for some time. No competition for right back so he never really had to push himself as much as he maybe needed to. HIs howler to gift ROPS a goal a few seasons back was testemant to his decline. As others have said far too close to a contract extension for my liking. No doubt on a big wage which we could do with getting shot of 

He was a good player for Aberdeen for a good 4 years.  For a couple of years he was probably the best right back in the league.  

Some folk just decline quicker than others.  He always looks committed on the pitch.  It's not his fault he was given a contract extension that was too long. 

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Grim stuff we will certainly miss Hedges creativity, it will be long balls to Hornby then Tomorrow

That's the entire point of Hornby.

You don't bring in a 6'5" striker with the intention of playing clever football. 

Thing is losing Hedges may not be a big deal. We are awful just now because we are launching it and others who want to play football are being exposed. With Wright and Hedges away we can just settle on long balls constantly and not worry about playing anything resembling football. 

1 minute ago, RUL said:

Thing is losing Hedges may not be a big deal. We are awful just now because we are launching it and others who want to play football are being exposed. With Wright and Hedges away we can just settle on long balls constantly and not worry about playing anything resembling football. 

Exactly.  Since he's tried to turn Hedges into a wing back he's stopped scoring and creating. 

Imagine thinking Hedges has had a great start to the season in the front three and been our most creative player and the best chance of getting a goal. let's move him to wing back. 

Probably the biggest mistake of the season. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly.  Since he's tried to turn Hedges into a wing back he's stopped scoring and creating. 

Imagine thinking Hedges has had a great start to the season in the front three and been our most creative player and the best chance of getting a goal. let's move him to wing back. 

Probably the biggest mistake of the season. 

That's my thoughts too. Hedges exposed at right back or actually just go back to 4231 we used to play. With less options it might suit mcinnes not having to try and fit two left wingers into the team. 

We allegedly have wingers still in Kennedy and McLennan... Kennedy has actually been improving, though his crossing still has a long way to go. 

The lack of creativity is going to mean the rest of the season is likely to degenerate into aneurysm-inducing hoofball, though. 

We're not having a giant forward on the field and NOT punting balls at his heid. 

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

We allegedly have wingers still in Kennedy and McLennan... Kennedy has actually been improving, though his crossing still has a long way to go. 

The lack of creativity is going to mean the rest of the season is likely to degenerate into aneurysm-inducing hoofball, though. 

We're not having a giant forward on the field and NOT punting balls at his heid. 

I fully expect Hendry to get the nod over McLennan tomorrow because of his work rate. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see McCrorie at right back. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I fully expect Hendry to get the nod over McLennan tomorrow because of his work rate. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see McCrorie at right back. 

That's going to boil my pish, but it's not out of the question that that will happen.