Motherwell V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

Injured: Pawlett

Doubtful: Rooney

With each week the games get bigger and bigger. McInnes will be desperate to get Rooney back but likely this one will come too soon for him. Pearson out for Well and question marks over McDonald, Lasley and Law.

Brown

Logan Taylor Reynolds Considine

Jack Shinnie

McGinn McLean Hayes

Church

Subs: Collin, Robson, Smith, Flood, Storie, Wright, Ross

As much as I am not a lover of McGinn I think he needs to play to help the balance of the team. It's vitally important to have 2 natural wingers and 2 natural full backs.

The wingers need to play on their natural side. Hayes on the right and McGinn on the left doesn't really work.

The wingers need to play on their natural side. Hayes on the right and McGinn on the left doesn't really work.

Correct.

McGinn plays on both wings according to the song sung about him but I have my doubts about both that and making Ronaldo look shite.

Left foot = Left wing. No arguments.

Correct.

McGinn plays on both wings according to the song sung about him but I have my doubts about both that and making Ronaldo look shite.

There's merit on left playing right and vice versa if the player can run at the full back at pace, cut inside, put the full back on his weaker side (assuming right back is right footed and vice versa) and have a shot with stronger foot.

I've got a headache now.

Correct.

McGinn ripped hearts a new arsehole down the left. Hayes doesn't work on the right though as we know from experience.

I worry that McGhee will be going all out to ensure they help his precious Tims. I really hope we win this won by a couple of goals.

I think Motherwell will do what Motherwell need to do for themselves which is try to win

Top six historically needs 45 pts to be sure 42 pts is possible but you are hopeful. they have 38pts with three to go and considering they have us and celtic in the next 3 games, they want points

Top six at the moment is the only way to guarantee they wont go down to the championship next season.

I also think that many expect Macdonald not to play because he will be offered a two match ban - Id guess that they will appeal it - to keep him available if not for us for Inverness so I fully expect he will play

McGinn ripped hearts a new arsehole down the left. Hayes doesn't work on the right though as we know from experience.

Hayes goal against the minks at pittodrie cutting in fae the right shows it does work at times.

Mcginn against Hearts is another good example.

The front players switching about keeps the opposition guessing and stops us being quite so predictable.

Neither Mcginn or Hayes are as effective on their weaker sides though, granted.

• Upvote 1

Hayes goal against the minks at pittodrie cutting in fae the right shows it does work at times.

Mcginn against Hearts is another good example.

The front players switching about keeps the opposition guessing and stops us being quite so predictable.

Neither Mcginn or Hayes are as effective on their weaker sides though, granted.

Aye,

It's the modern approach, attackers switching positions nullifies man-marking. Defenders hate being pulled out of position.

I'd like to see Hayes & McGinn getting some balls into Church though, he seems to thrive on supply to the six-yard line.

I assume by "experience" you mean apart from the goal of the season against the Tims?

I was always of the opinion that putting Hayes to the right was to try to get Mcginn into the game more by trying him down the left following, usually, a completely anonymous 60 minutes down the right. The cross for the winner on Saturday proved why Hayes is most effective on the left.

That said, I'm biting my Mcginn hating lip since this Saturday proved we've a much better balance with him and last Saturday proved we've fuck all alternative.

Also the second half v County at home he was phenomenal on the left.

Jonny Hayes scored from the right at home v Celtic.

In other words, I couldn't give a fuck where the wingers play as long as we win.

Aye,

It's the modern approach, attackers switching positions nullifies man-marking. Defenders hate being pulled out of position.

I'd like to see Hayes & McGinn getting some balls into Church though, he seems to thrive on supply to the six-yard line.

And this with knobs on. I know some say that Mcginn gets his enviable assists record from picking out the perfect cross, but I much prefer Jonny rattling 10-20 crosses a match through the 6 yard box where poachers like Church thrive rather than wait for the perfect 1.

• Upvote 1