Gopro Etc

YorkDon

Off to the Caribbean next week and gonna be doing some snorkelling etc and thinking of getting one of these?

Anyone got one?Any advice or recommendations?

I hear the GoPro is the daddy of these things but are there any viable alternatives?

Cheers in advance.

Yip.

Fuck scuba diving and snorkelling in the ass and stay on the beach drinking cocktails and looking at fit young pussy.

• Upvote 1

Off to the Caribbean next week and gonna be doing some snorkelling etc and thinking of getting one of these?

I hear the GoPro is the daddy of these things but are there any viable alternatives?

Cheers in advance.

I was considering the same thing. Off on holiday in a few weeks and thought one of these would be good for the activities and tours the first few days but then i’ll hit the beach resort and that’s where @theboofon has hit the nail on the head.

Cheers in advance.

Bought the loon a Hero 6 Black when they first came out. He's swims, fishes, 4 wheels, kayaks, etc, so at least he'd get some decent footage, I figured. 

Wasn't much interested in it myself, but the quality of the footage he captures is nothing short of incredible. I mean it's professional quality, Planet Earth II quality... shot in glorious 4k, crystal clear image and beautiful colour. 

The Hero 6 is waterproof in itself, so you don't need to dick around with the plastic case either. 

If you're going anywhere interesting, particularly diving/snorkling/scuba you'll shit when you see the footage you've taken. 

Do it. 

Cheers in advance.

Good if you do mountain biking, skiing, surfing etc but waste of time otherwise. 

Ended up selling my one. 

Thanks for the informative advice gentlemen.

Given the retail price of them here I’ll risk seeing if I can grab a relative bargain in duty free at the airport.If nae,then memory will have to suffice!

Duty Free often sell things higher than you'd get in a shop so I wouldn't bother with too much searching.

I bought a Hero 6 Black in June as was on offer for 50 quid less than normal and my compact camera had fucked up, which I used a lot for taking videos. After reading articles at the time never realised they would make a 7 so soon, so a bit pissed off it's came out just months after, but when you get the latest model of anything it's quickly superseeded.

My dad has a Hero 4 Black which isn't as user friendly but very reliable. My Hero 6 is like a female on a period a lot of the time. Unresponsive sometimes, battery life can vary and most annoying of all using the tripod, any sort of movement of your hand it will pick it up on the microphone and ruin the audio. Really poor design flaw. Yet my phone can take a video with no such noise. Takes great videos overall though, compact and great having the screen compared to the Hero 4. Hit or miss really. I got a 5 year John Lewis guarantee for only a bit more. I'd wait until the 7 has been out for a while before taking a punt