Referee For Next Game Thread

Thought i'd start a thread for this (for info only) rather than just automatically posting them in the "Scotlands useless referees" thread

Anyway we have Steven McLean for the Killie game.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/21.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20Friday%2018th%20-%20Saturday%2019th%20December%202015.pdf

P.s. I see Falkirk Sevco has the dreaded Gollum.

Below is a link for finding the appointments in future (for those interested).

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2061

Edit..We can decide after games which refs/how often should be entered into the shite refs thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a minor issue with his understanding of what you may do to an attacking centre forward who is already in the air for a high ball. Standing your ground is fine. Shoving the guy out of the way/ out of the flight of the ball with no ball in the immediate vicinity isn't. Delighted that Rooney has the sense not to make an issue of it, take it into the box, wait for the contact and win the penalty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The whole lot of them are shite.

Sadly that is very true & on percentages alone they are very likely to support either of the cheeks as they grew up.

We really should not be using Scottish refs for this reason alone. No matter how they try to deny that they "don't support any teams"

Sadly that is very true & on percentages alone they are very likely to support either of the cheeks as they grew up.

We really should not be using Scottish refs for this reason alone. No matter how they try to deny that they "don't support any teams"

We better ourselves or we'll end up with another Israeli ref. Now he was shit.

Every ref becomes a referee initially because they like football and sport in general, it would be naïve in the extreme to not expect a ref to have a favourite team so I don't have a problem if such and such a ref was a season ticket holder at XXXXXXX or had pictures of xxxxxxxxxx on his wall when he was growing up

It is insulting to our intelligence when they come out with some wee small team as their favourites same with the press. They would get a lot more respect if they come out and just said it sometime

It then comes down to the professionalism of the ref and the body